Euro League Soccer Discussion 2014/15 Season

Euro League Soccer Discussion 2014/15 Season

I know, but they don't enforce it enough.

I don't want to defend referees, but I think it's difficult to make the decision often in the heat of the moment, especially when it comes to diving. I in no way want to see NFL break to have reviews, but it would be great if the FA could hand out retrospective action after the game. You dive, it's looked at after the game and the appropriate punishment is handed out. That'll never happen either though.

I don't want to defend referees, but I think it's difficult to make the decision often in the heat of the moment, especially when it comes to diving. I in no way want to see NFL break to have reviews, but it would be great if the FA could hand out retrospective action after the game. You dive, it's looked at after the game and the appropriate punishment is handed out. That'll never happen either though.

Luis Suarez would never finish a game if they had reviews.

Luis Suarez would never finish a game if they had reviews.

Maybe the review system in soccer isn't such a bad thing after all LOL

Good result for Arsenal. Welbeck the hero. More diving showed poorly for United. Two players booked for simulation.

Good result for Arsenal. Welbeck the hero. More diving showed poorly for United. Two players booked for simulation.

Didn't see the game, but I loved the result. Right now the only team I don't want beating United is Chelsea!

Didn't see the game, but I loved the result. Right now the only team I don't want beating United is Chelsea!
Just a small takeaway, Adnan Januzaj now has more yellow cards for diving (5) than goals (4) in his ManU career.

Arsenal with a good win. Now can they please keep a clean sheet ever!

Now that Tottenham are out of all of the competitions, do you guys think we can pull it back and end in the top 4? Kane and Eriksen are on form so I think we could do it, United have been so lucky recently and have yet to play the top 7 and Arsenal aren't playing their best football at the minute. It'll be very hard for spurs to get top 4 but it's all or nothing at the minute, we already have Europa cup again this year so we really need to step up for top 4 as we will have another season of coming home from places like Ukraine on a Thursday night to play again on Sunday, causing us to lose silly games against teams we should win against, what do you guys think?

Januzaj's "dive" was bad, Di Maria's was closer to a foul than a dive, but he was getting whacked the entire game & never got a call & i think the frustration of the entire season got the best of him.

Now that Tottenham are out of all of the competitions, do you guys think we can pull it back and end in the top 4? Kane and Eriksen are on form so I think we could do it, United have been so lucky recently and have yet to play the top 7 and Arsenal aren't playing their best football at the minute. It'll be very hard for spurs to get top 4 but it's all or nothing at the minute, we already have Europa cup again this year so we really need to step up for top 4 as we will have another season of coming home from places like Ukraine on a Thursday night to play again on Sunday, causing us to lose silly games against teams we should win against, what do you guys think?

I will be very interested to see how Spurs play on Sunday against ManU on eight days rest. I can forgive the uneven play over the last month or so with the ridiculously busy schedule. Of the current top 7, Spurs only have games remaining against ManU, Southampton, and Man City, compared to ManU still having games against all the current top 6. That being said, I still think top 4 is a tough ask since that means finishing above two of the three (Arsenal, ManU and Liverpool), but who knows.

I hope they do because I fear Lloris and Eriksen will want to move on to a Champions League team if they don't, but this is a team that is a solid winger or two (and maybe a defender) away from being really solid.

I will be very interested to see how Spurs play on Sunday against ManU on eight days rest. I can forgive the uneven play over the last month or so with the ridiculously busy schedule. Of the current top 7, Spurs only have games remaining against ManU, Southampton, and Man City, compared to ManU still having games against all the current top 6. That being said, I still think top 4 is a tough ask since that means finishing above two of the three (Arsenal, ManU and Liverpool), but who knows.

I hope they do because I fear Lloris and Eriksen will want to move on to a Champions League team if they don't, but this is a team that is a solid winger or two (and maybe a defender) away from being really solid.

yeah it will be a very interesting game.
I would hope that Lloris would stay after signing his contract and Eriksen too, I think we are a couple of defenders and maybe another playmaker in the middle from being a good team. I like the way how mason is settling in and his work rate shows he really does want to be in the team but we do need someone in the middle to provide the service to Kane. I think what really let's us down at the minute is our defence, Chricheś and fazio are useless.

top 4 is a very hard target for us to hit but I fear if we don't we will be in that endless loop of having good players, being in the Europa, trying too hard in it and performing bad in the premier league after a Thursday game, ending up scraping Europa league and the players getting tired of it.

i honestly think that a season off the Europa cup would do us good, but due to Chelsea finishing in top 4 we will end up in it next year.

yeah it will be a very interesting game.
I would hope that Lloris would stay after signing his contract and Eriksen too, I think we are a couple of defenders and maybe another playmaker in the middle from being a good team. I like the way how mason is settling in and his work rate shows he really does want to be in the team but we do need someone in the middle to provide the service to Kane. I think what really let's us down at the minute is our defence, Chricheś and fazio are useless.

top 4 is a very hard target for us to hit but I fear if we don't we will be in that endless loop of having good players, being in the Europa, trying too hard in it and performing bad in the premier league after a Thursday game, ending up scraping Europa league and the players getting tired of it.

i honestly think that a season off the Europa cup would do us good, but due to Chelsea finishing in top 4 we will end up in it next year.

I'll be very interested to see how Levy and Pochettino (with Mitchell involved as well) approach the summer transfer window. They have culled a good amount of dead wood, but it's clear right now that Poch still has a list of players that just aren't going to see the pitch unless absolute emergency dictated (Chiraches, Kaboul, Capoue, Paulinho, and Adebayor) and Soldado and increasingly Lamela seem to be joining them.

They have a very talented core of very young players though, and sounds like a couple more youngsters (Alex Pritchard and Dele Alli) who may contribute next year. Even if they miss out, I love seeing them have a shot at Top 4 this year when the experts were predicting about 7th...and at least they have won some of the big games this year compared to the complete lack of competitiveness specifically last year.

I'll be very interested to see how Levy and Pochettino (with Mitchell involved as well) approach the summer transfer window. They have culled a good amount of dead wood, but it's clear right now that Poch still has a list of players that just aren't going to see the pitch unless absolute emergency dictated (Chiraches, Kaboul, Capoue, Paulinho, and Adebayor) and Soldado and increasingly Lamela seem to be joining them.

They have a very talented core of very young players though, and sounds like a couple more youngsters (Alex Pritchard and Dele Alli) who may contribute next year. Even if they miss out, I love seeing them have a shot at Top 4 this year when the experts were predicting about 7th...and at least they have won some of the big games this year compared to the complete lack of competitiveness specifically last year.

I try to go to about 3-5 games a season and I remember watching us getting battered by the big clubs last year, it's obviously an improvement! I feel that we are just a team of avarage players, I think we need someone at the back to dictate what goes on within that back four, vertongen has done a fairly good job this season as well as rose, but I don't think walker is good enough, the only thing he is good for is pace.

lamela, well apart from the spectacular goal(s) he is no where near the price we paid for him, he gives the ball away far too often and I fear poch gives him the game over Andros because they are both Argentinian.

I try to go to about 3-5 games a season and I remember watching us getting battered by the big clubs last year, it's obviously an improvement! I feel that we are just a team of avarage players, I think we need someone at the back to dictate what goes on within that back four, vertongen has done a fairly good job this season as well as rose, but I don't think walker is good enough, the only thing he is good for is pace.

lamela, well apart from the spectacular goal(s) he is no where near the price we paid for him, he gives the ball away far too often and I fear poch gives him the game over Andros because they are both Argentinian.

I'm glad that Lamela got a long run of games so that we could see what he is since he was out so much of last year. Right now, I do prefer Townsend out on the right side, but I'm not sure he is the answer there either, but I feel like Poch has shown over the past three games what he considers his best 11 to be (with Rose over Davies normally).

I adopted Spurs when Clint Dempsey joined in January 2013, so I'm a newbie in the fan ranks, but watch or listen to every game now (thanks to NBC's awesome Premier League coverage). I will get to WHL one day (or more likely the new stadium), but that day hasn't happened yet.

I'm glad that Lamela got a long run of games so that we could see what he is since he was out so much of last year. Right now, I do prefer Townsend out on the right side, but I'm not sure he is the answer there either, but I feel like Poch has shown over the past three games what he considers his best 11 to be (with Rose over Davies normally).

I adopted Spurs when Clint Dempsey joined in January 2013, so I'm a newbie in the fan ranks, but watch or listen to every game now (thanks to NBC's awesome Premier League coverage). I will get to WHL one day (or more likely the new stadium), but that day hasn't happened yet.
ive been a lifelong supporter since my family support them too! And yeah it would be better at the new stadium! The last piece of land has been won in court so it should have the green light.

i do like Townsend over Lamela and he is doing better than Lamela this season with the fraction of the games he has played but I think we could do with someone else. You get better coverage than we do in the uk! The games that aren't on TV we have to rely on live streams which aren't the best! I can definitely see a bright future as long as we do something productive in the summer, I mean if we don't do anything, we will go down the long road which will lead to our few quality players leaving (Lloris/Eriksen) if we get buying players with experience in the BPL then we have a good chance of success.

Serie A TV and Internet Viewing Schedule
All times Eastern.

Thursday, March 12:

• Zenit vs Torino (Europa League), 2pm, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Wolfsburg vs Inter Milan (Europa League), 3pm, FOX Sports 2, FOX Soccer 2Go & ESPN Deportes
  • Fiorentina vs Roma (Europa League), 5:05pm, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Napoli vs Dinamo Moscow (Europa League), 5:05pm, FOX Soccer 2Go

Read more at http://worldsoccertalk.com/serie-a-tv-schedule/#LbfXuZgMGJJTKkZr.99

Januzaj's "dive" was bad, Di Maria's was closer to a foul than a dive, but he was getting whacked the entire game & never got a call & i think the frustration of the entire season got the best of him.
It looks like Di Maria is having a hard time dealing with the physicality of the EPL. United should be ashamed that they got outworked, out-thoughed, and out managed by arsenal.

It looks like Di Maria is having a hard time dealing with the physicality of the EPL. United should be ashamed that they got outworked, out-thoughed, and out managed by arsenal.

He def does not like to be touched, but he also "plays" w/ the ball to much giving 2 & 3 defenders time to surround him. ManU cannot finish Smalling kneed one over the goal from about 4' out, Fellani had some headers right at the Goalie. Not too mention Falcao is lost out there(the few times he has been out there), there back line is clueless & there is so much indecision out there, if not for de Gea they could be close to relegation

He def does not like to be touched, but he also "plays" w/ the ball to much giving 2 & 3 defenders time to surround him. ManU cannot finish Smalling kneed one over the goal from about 4' out, Fellani had some headers right at the Goalie. Not too mention Falcao is lost out there(the few times he has been out there), there back line is clueless & there is so much indecision out there, if not for de Gea they could be close to relegation
When I watch United, I become more convinced that Van Gaal was not the answer and, very likely, Sir Ferguson was gifted beyond description.

Anyone watching Chelsea v PSG?

absolutely ridiculous! Ibrahimovic sent off in a challange where Oscar should've been sent off if anyone. The ref is having a blinder!

diego Costa is another thing, he is such a dirty player IMO, he got mad after going down ( on a yellow), waits til the ref turns his back and simply pushes over another player. Now come on that's just childish play. He is worse than Suarez in my opinion, he has shown this with stamping on people a couple months ago. Would love to see PSG win at this point just to see what mourinho would say, he always has something to say! (Going into Extra time as I write this)

This match has been a mess. Soccer players are such petulant babies.
Yet we're still watching. :popcorn:

PSG goes through over Chelsea on aggregate in extra time. No EPL teams left in the Champions League.

PSG played 90 minutes w/ 10 men & moved on...so embarrassing for Chelsea

PSG goes through over Chelsea on aggregate in extra time. No EPL teams left in the Champions League.
Dang! Was hoping Chelsea would find a way thru.

Back