Ever put clubs with past success back in the bag?

EX10 Beta 3w comes out every so once in a while

Old clubs typically dont stick around for long enough to ponder backwards. Usually sell them off to upgrade a different part of the bag.

Do you ever put clubs that you have had past success with back in the bag now and again after making changes?
Yes! I’ve recently done that. For a number of reasons, I have kept my Callaway Apex CF19 irons that I was fit for at the 2018 #TheGrandaddy, I was fit for a set of PXG 0211DC irons a couple of years ago, but have recently swapped the Apex irons back into the bag with terrific results. Irons were always the strong part of my game when the Apex irons were my "gamers", but I got seduced by the little bit of extra distance that the PXGs gave me. I did have the lofts on the Apex irons strengthened by 2°, and I think the smaller head size and the Recoil shafts are a better match for me, and the results are proving that out.

Do you ever put clubs that you have had past success with back in the bag now and again after making changes?

Yes. Just put my 9° Radspeed XB back in, replaced the Aerojet 10.5. More ballspeed and launch too, crazy.

Yes. I remember going back to my RocketBallz 3W.

Was waiting for a Darkspeed ls to get delivered. So I had a ltdx in the bag. It’s still in the bag lol

Yes!

My main goal for 2024 is to have 14 clubs on n the bag that I have complete confidence in. So I’ve put a number of clubs back in the bag this year because of that.

I’m very close now

Yes. Putters, wedges, and I'm about to (maybe only temporarily) pull the SIM2 driver for my B21.

Have done it several times and usually doesn’t seem to work. That being said I’m putting a set of irons back in because I have a lot in them and did play my best round with them last year. Been playing 2-3 sets at different places but have decided I am not good enough to keep switching back and forth so going to just carry one set from place to place. Trying to pick what works best.

Yes. See my signature and note the age of my FWs and hybrids. Have attempted unsuccessfully many times to replace them all. Gave up on that a few years ago.

I do this several times a year. For me it depends on where I will be playing, and the conditions I might see.

I have two gamer bags, and a 3rd bag of clubs with some old favorites in it.

Reactions: Ooo
I have done this with hybrids and irons a lot. Makes me think these spots in the bag might be more suited for stability and familiarity rather than churn.

When I don’t hit my hybrids well I go back to my 2005 Cobra Baffler DWS set. Stupid east to hit and feels so good. Not as long as my Rogue set but gapping is phenomenal. Should probably play them all the time.

No, I try to sell them immediately to avoid clutter and falling into this habit. When I decide to go a new direction I need to be all in on it.
That's what I do. No spare clubs, once they're out, they're gone.

When we're playing, my buddy is always saying he should have brought the other set. Ha!! Dumb excuse

Putter for sure but usually not.

My sons use some of my old stuff and then I like to surprise them here and there w/ an “upgrade.” I trade a lot of stuff in as well to offset new stuff. Thankfully I have been super lucky and THP has really helped upgrade my equipment. All that said.. I still have my 2008 Big Bertha iron set w/ the I-brid 4 & 5 irons. They are just so easy to hit that I will never get rid of them.. “just in case.”

Last year, I put the T100S back in the bag, after I thought I had completely moved on and I liked what I saw so much that they then stayed in the bag until the T150 was released, so it can be even more than now and again for me.

Yep, all the time. Just put the Epic Speed driver back in the bag for like the 3rd time. I think its just going to stay for a few years.

Reactions: Ooo
I brought out my FT 9 iron. I’d forgotten how good these sound. Ball go fairly far.

Usually putters from years ago with past success are the first club back in the bag

Other than both extreme ends of the bag I am there. It's me, not the drivers or putters. The Lean Lock putter is getting dialed in as I get to spend more time on real greens, so I may be jumping a big hurdle. Still need to find an automatic driver. G430 and TSI2 still need positive input from me to function properly. Go figure.

Putters get swapped around depending on how they are behaving.

I’m really close to going back to my old irons right now lol.

Back