Ever put clubs with past success back in the bag?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Do you ever put clubs that you have had past success with back in the bag now and again after making changes?

Past success is debatable but past use happened, mid-build supplies missing means my first forged set goes back in the bag, Titleist 775CB's.

all the time, especially Putters, I have a hybrid that gravitates back, one of my Edison wedges never stays gone for long.....

a few times and actually currently.

Yeah, my OG Callaway Apex Pro hybrid refuses to be beaten out of my bag. It rotates back in when I realize the new comer is not as good.

Putters tend to rotate back in as well.

Yes. And then some that didn’t work before🤣

Last edited:
There’s a reason I still own my set of J40 DCB. It’s not because they are the best irons for me, or because they are tech savvy, because both of those aren’t really true. But, was probably, in my mind, I was the best ball striker I’ve ever been with those in the bag. So they get hit throughout the year, even if it’s just an 8 iron at the range.

I have a Callaway warbird 3 wood that kept finding its way back into my bag until about 2010.

All the time, especially wedges.

No, I try to sell them immediately to avoid clutter and falling into this habit. When I decide to go a new direction I need to be all in on it.

Yes, I put a Mavrik Max 22* 4 iron back in the bag for the fall leaf season to avoid the "pile of leaves" hazards.

Yep, doing it today with the Cobra Forged Tec irons. I'll let you know how it goes...

I have done it a few time with some irons, sometimes you just get along with a set of irons.

All the time, especially wedges.
What’s funny is for me, I’m least likely to put an old wedge back in because of the worn out grooves.

I throw an old 2i or persimmon in the bag sometimes just to mess around with sometimes.

My Honma hybrid has fought off many competitors and still lives on. I don't even bother trying to replace it anymore.

Do you ever put clubs that you have had past success with back in the bag now and again after making changes?
J. 40. CBs.

Often. I've lost distance, and even more with those, but they feel so good.

yes, but not all that often since i tend to trade rather than hold. the times i've done it, it rarely works. because, well, I'M the problem, not the clubs...

Have done it on occasion with the original Cleveland Niblicks…not for awhile however.

Yep, Speedblades. Took 'em back out again though.

I have a few older wedges, hybrid, mini driver and driver that find their way back in their bag every now and then.

When I am not feeling it off the tee, the Cleveland CG Black instantly goes back in the bag to make things right.

There is a reason I will never get rid of my Ping Eye2 irons.

I will every now and then to fight the really human tendency of thinking that an old club was the best club based on how I played with it at the time. It's usually still really damn good though.

Edit; Oh and by old I mean like 3 years old. Not some ancient things from the early 2000s. 😆

Mostly putters but occasionally with irons. Generally once a driver leaves the bag I have something better.

Back