Fairway wood off the tee. Where does the ball go?

skeets

Reaction score
Handicap
When using fairway wood off the tee do you put the ball forward in your stance and tee it up or place it in the middle and keep it on or low to the ground?

Another way to think of it are you hitting up on it like a driver or trying to sweep it off the turf?

I put it forward in my stance similar to a driver and try to strike it just after the "bottom" of my swing, on a slightly positive angle. Tee height is about 1/2 ball above the crown.

I like to find a fluffy spot on the tee box with good grass.
Then I usually put it in the middle of my stance and hit without a tee.
If I do hit it off of a tee, it is in line with my left eye and about 1/2" off of the ground.
Teeing it high doesn't work for me. Also, putting the ball forward in stance.
It ends up too high, or a topped shot.
Others probably do this differently!

I play it about a ball forward of where I'd play it off the deck. Tee it up about 1/2 inch.

Just like a driver. Upward angle of attack. Launch it high. For me it’s a shorter version of a driver. Ball is 1/2 above crown. Might end up with a bit of a draw (at least I do)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tee it pretty low like an iron. play it a ball or two inside driver, pretty much where i would play it off the deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low and very close to my ball position off the deck. If I am using a 3w off the tee then a slight negative AOA gives my the ball flight I want, lower than driver. Every once in a while when the shot is downwind but driver would leave me in a bad spot I will move it a bit forward and slightly higher to make sure the ball doesn't get knocked down by the wind before its peak.

I play mine in the same spot off the deck or off a tee. For me, it’s centered under the lead pec/shirt logo.

I use my finger width between the ground and ball to measure tee height. It’s low and probably comes out to a little less than 1/2 of the ball above the crown at address.

Near the center of my stance and slightly teed up.

Fairway wood off the tee. Where does the ball go?

If I'm playing for distance then just inside left heel. If I'm playing for position then middle of my stance with 3/4 swing. Both off a tee regardless of turf on the box.

When using fairway wood off the tee do you put the ball forward in your stance and tee it up or place it in the middle and keep it on or low to the ground?

Another way to think of it are you hitting up on it like a driver or trying to sweep it off the turf?

Off the tee, I tee low and forward but not as far forward as driver. It is a shorter shafted club. Off the deck, I'm more of a hit down type hitter like any club in the bag.

Tee it up low off my left cheek (shirt logo). I play it the same position as a fairway shot.

Tee it low, slightly forward of centre for me

I play it slightly forward in my stance and tee it up 1/2 the crown height. I also hit up on the ball.

Off the tee it's very similar spot to my driver.

Ball position is similar if not the same as my driver, I tee it so the top of the ball is just over the crown

Tee it low and play it forward of center in my stance like I do when hitting it off the turf.

I tee FWs pretty low on the regular. I’ll raise the tee a bit if I’m down breeze but I like a more boring flight that hits the ground running. I play it forward of center, quite often with an open stance.

I tee it up with about a fingers width of space between the ball and ground. The ball is slightly behind where I put it for the driver.

forward but nut where my driver ball is. About half way between center and driver position. If I play it at driver I hit it too high. I tee it about a fingers with from the ground. If I hit it from the fairway I play it center stance bottom of arc.

A little more forward than center in my stance and grab a broken tee and tee it up no more than 1".

I tee it up a hair and place it more forward in my stance. Not as much as a driver but close

Tee it up and play it just forward of middle, but not all the way forward like i would my driver.

tee it pretty low like an iron. play it a ball or two inside driver, pretty much where i would play it off the deck.

Same here.

1/2 inch above the turf, half way between my left heel and center of stance.

Back