I have a Heavenwood that I use both off the tee and off the deck. I'm currently looking for a 3W that I can use likewise.

Only hit my 3 wood off the tee. Can hit my hybrid further off of the deck.

I have a 5W that I like. I usually hit it well, but can definitely hit it poorly off the deck.

I have a 3W that sits at home.

I have a 3w, 3h, and 2h which I use both of the deck or on the tee.

Those of you not hitting fairways off the deck, is it a confidence issue or the lack of height/launch that bothers you?

I've always been able to hit them pretty well off the deck and off the tee. I was struggling so much hooking my G400 2H that I just underwent an independent trackman fitting focused on that gap. I thought the fitter would find a better suited hybrid combo but news to me was that a 5W suited me much much better. My new Epic Flash 5W is so straight high and as consistently long as my 3+ that my fitter recommended I dial my OG Epic SZ 3+ down to 12.5* to really eat up distance when I need it on long par 5s etc... Results on the course have been consistently spectacular with both FWW since the fitting that I might be completely done with hybrids.

I carry two. HW is the primary option off the deck. Will only hit 4 wood if it’s clean and on at least a slight uphill lie. Just don’t launch it well. Can’t use either out of the rough.

I haven't played a round of golf since 2005. I've spent the last month or so on the range working on my swing. In the late 90's I was playing to a 6-7 hdcp on high slope courses in south Florida and could hit my Driver reliably off the deck from the fairway on long Par 5's with confidence. 3W was a piece of cake off the deck and enjoyed using it.

Back then, I was about 315-320 carry+roll with Driver teed up on average, about 290-300 w/ Driver off the deck (lower launch angle, more roll) and my 3W off the deck was about 270-275. I also carried and used a 2 iron. Teed up, it was my perfect weapon on short par 4's, 255 right done the middle on command. Par 4's that were 380 and under, usually got the 2 iron off the tee. That was how it was for me back then.

In the last month, I've re-done my bag for modern times and have a Driver, 3W and 5W. I can hit all of them pretty well teed up right now. I'm actually pleasantly surprised. Off the deck, I'm hit or miss right now. My confidence isn't quite there yet. I'll hit some good ones and then catch some of them thin. That will change as I get my swing and confidence back. Not sure I'll ever get back to Driver off the deck though. Not with these gigantic 460cc heads.

I love fairway woods. Up until this year a 3 wood is all I really used and it was mostly off the tee but could go off the deck of needed. My 5 wood this year has been a blast though. It's easily I've if my favorite clubs and I can go from the tee or the fairway and rough.

I use my 3 wood off the tee and off the deck. I feel very comfortable hitting it any time I have to but I do use it off the tee nore than off the deck.

I have a standard relationship with them. When the situation calls I use them like any other. I do prefer my m4 3w off the tee, and my Epic SZ 3w more off the deck though.

Yes, I love them off the fairway....I really want to find something that will unseat my old Rocket Balz 3 wood, cause it would be a bomb

I rarely use my 3 wood or 5 wood at my home course. Longest shot into a par 5 in 2 leaves me hybrid. I can hit my 5 wood off the deck fine, 3 wood is a bit hit or miss. I use 5 wood off the tee at other courses when the hole demands it.

Yes, I love them off the fairway....I really want to find something that will unseat my old Rocket Balz 3 wood, cause it would be a bomb
Rocket ballz 2 obviously.

I've typically used them as more of a tee club but I'm not a long hitter off the tee. I find myself probably needing 3 wood of the deck a couple of times on par 5s to try to set me up for a good 3rd shot and I've been working more on my technique for that. I believe the Epic Flash 3w with the stock EvenFlow shaft has been the best 3W I'd had. I used to carry a HeavenWood and dropped that based on a fitting recommendation to go with the 3H instead since I hit hybrids much better.

I've never tried one but its possible I could drop a 3W and hit a 2H better but I've never seen a LH 2H in person to ever try it. Until I get to try that combo, this Epic Flash will stay in my bag for the time being.

I carry a 3w & 5w and use either off the tee on shorter par 4s to set up wedges into the green. I really like them off the deck as well as the occasional bump & runs from the front of the hole calls for it. I don’t carry a hybrid anymore at least for the time being & have toyed with the thought of dropping the 5w for a driving iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ditched FWs for the last 2+ yrs. Just wasn't as consistent with them as the Exotics EX9 hybrids.

BUT...

This year, in coming back from injury, my two former strengths, irons and hybrids, their consistency escaped me. That was a lot of commas, I know.

Have been mostly hooking hybrids all season and finally I couldn't take it anymore. Now, I didn't go back to FWs but I did remember that I still had some Wilson Staff Fybrids. Those, I used to fade or push. Loved their super-solid feel but as a player more apt to draw than fade, any predisposition to the right was disconcerting.

Played them today and in 5 opportunities to hit them, they performed extremely well. Straight with higher ball flight.

I won't be opposed to revisit my formerly trusted 4W but for now, the Fybrids absolutely earned a longer look.

FW or fairway metals are bag decoration. With a 5W I get 185 carry and rollout to 199. With a 4H I get 195 - 200 carry and rollout to 210. What's the point in carrying a FW? For 1 tee shot a round?

I’ve just put a 3W and 5W in my bag half way through this summer. I’m still learning how to hit them, but they’re used both off the tee and deck.

Never used a 5W before this year and I’m quite enjoying it!

Those of you not hitting fairways off the deck, is it a confidence issue or the lack of height/launch that bothers you?
For me it’s distances mostly. If I need to hit a fairway off the deck, most times I need to just lay up and put myself in position with a wedge. Exceptions for me are necessary recovery shots and par 5’s that have a layout where the fairway off the deck doesn’t bring in more risk than reward.

3 wood only and I hit it from the tee and deck. I am going for a deeper faced model next time to minimize hitting it high on the face. I tee it very low but still slide under it at times.

I have 3w and Cobra 5-6 FWY set to 17* which is mostly 4W territory. I've been practicing it relentlessly last month or so. 3w is a decoration at the moment, no need to carry it as I hit the Cobra so well. I hit my hybrids more consistently but they lack the distance.

I use them off the tee and off the deck. Just depends what the shot calls for. I do fwiw lose some distance with them off the deck because I keep my legs and bottom half a bit quieter which helps prevent chunky's. but causes some power loss. But I do use them and aside from that distance loss (when off the deck) I can hit them well. Off the tees, driver isn't always needed so yea they do come to the tees with me (layout dependent) and without that distance drop.

I use a 3 & 5 wood (used to have a 7 wood but Ben Hogan doesn't carry them). I use them from the rough, fairway and tee box as needed.

Back