Fashionista, Business, Old School Type Attire

OUZO Power

@K_Kyriopoulos
Reaction score
Call it what you want.

Is there anyone else in THP that prefers this type of attire?

They way Greg Moore used to dress up a few moons back.

I prefer it. I love that style. But the only thing holding me back is few do it and when your in a 4some and the other 3 gentlemen are sporting that latest athletic apparel I feel like an oddball. Thus I seldome get to wear what I really like. I bet if I showed up at a THP event wearing Vesti Ascendi I would get flamed.

What I have noticed is that Mrs. OUZO likes it and I always get compliments from the females at tournaments.

I'm thinking my only way around this is to only play with females once a month to strut the threads I like or to play with seniors. And I have no problem doing that. The downside is it brings limitations to what is acceptable convo and behaviour.

Anyone else in the same predicament?

I dont think anybody would get flamed, but I can tell you depending on location, Vesti might not be the best option. :D I tested it in FL and it does not exactly keep you cool and dry. :bulgy-eyes:

I had to look it up lol.... But I could care what people wear. As long as they wear something!

I do not believe you'd get flamed for it at a THP event and you'd probably get several compliments in all honesty.

I agree about not getting flamed. My experience is that this is not what this place and the people in it are about. I think it would be coo. Well, not very cool, and maybe a little warm? :act-up:

JM

I don't know what that apparel looks like. But, I would bet the compliments would greatly outweigh any flames. At my first THP event, one THPer wore classic knickers with a button down shirt and tie. It was awesome. And, every complimented him, not only on his choice of apparel. But, also for have the cajones to wear it.

Interesting responses. I didn't expect this support. Hmm then next time I go out I'm busting out the vest and tie.

Call it what you want.

Is there anyone else in THP that prefers this type of attire?

They way Greg Moore used to dress up a few moons back.

I prefer it. I love that style. But the only thing holding me back is few do it and when your in a 4some and the other 3 gentlemen are sporting that latest athletic apparel I feel like an oddball. Thus I seldome get to wear what I really like. I bet if I showed up at a THP event wearing Vesti Ascendi I would get flamed.

What I have noticed is that Mrs. OUZO likes it and I always get compliments from the females at tournaments.

I'm thinking my only way around this is to only play with females once a month to strut the threads I like or to play with seniors. And I have no problem doing that. The downside is it brings limitations to what is acceptable convo and behaviour.

Anyone else in the same predicament?
If we ever play together, which I hope we do, I expect you to rock it like a champ! No flaming from me, I'm going to celebrate it.

Wear what you want I personally think the style is pretty awesome. I dont know that I could pull it off but if you like it and it makes you feel comfortable no one should prevent you or flame you for wearing it.

I really appreciate when people wear whatever they want to. If you feel comfortable in it, wear it with pride! Who cares what others think? (And even if you do care, I'm pretty sure response will be unanimously positive.)

If you can handle long sleeves and/or a tie when golfing, you have a tip of my cap! I'd pass out from heat exhaustion while in the car, let alone golfing...

Honestly now if you don't show up in some fancy clothes to a THP event, I'll be disappointed.

I had to look it up. I think the classic style looks great, but it is way too hot to wear it where I live. Like everyone else has said, it would not be an issue to wear at a THP event. People would probably be jealous.

I absolutely love the look, but I also know that due to my current physique it would look ridiculous on me. Add to that the temperature variations here, and I don't know that there would ever be an ideal situation to, for lack of a better term, "rock that look".

I wore a cardigan and wingtips to play with a bunch of THP'ers I didn't know, I didn't get flamed. I actually got a complement on my shoes. (Vintage FJ)
I prefer spikes to spikeless, I would rather wear a Pima cotton shirt than a all synthetic tech fabric. I wouldn't think twice about wearing anything to a THP event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it makes you feel comfortable on the course, then wear it.

It sounds cheesy, but one quote when it comes to style that I've always enjoyed is

"Don't be into trends. Don't make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live.” —Gianni Versace

Me and my lack of a neck despise wearing ties so you won't see me out there sweating my @$$ off in that stuff, but I do appreciate the fashion. I'd love to see some guys wearing this stuff at a THP outing.
Something like this would be awesome haha:
11264-8.jpg

I've seen Dance Business wear "camo-women" pants to a THP outing. You'll be fine.

I've played in a kilt before. I don't think it'd be a big deal to wear tie & slacks, provided they're made from a decent material. Though I'd still roll the sleeves and loosen the tie and top button, because that's how I normally wear a tie anyway.

Might as well go all out and add in leather shoes and a flat cap if you're going down that road.

Honestly now if you don't show up in some fancy clothes to a THP event, I'll be disappointed.
Haha if it works out where I can come to one I promiss I won't let you guys down.

Short sleeve doesn't count?

If we ever play together, which I hope we do, I expect you to rock it like a champ! No flaming from me, I'm going to celebrate it.
Hoping to play one day bro.

Back