Favorite Driver Shaft

Whichever one is currently in my driver. 95% of the time, that will be a stock offering. The hardest decision I ever have to make is regular or stiff.

For me, its one of two.

My one of a kind designed literally just for me PX Experience Custom.

Kinetixx Velocity

If we're going back to historic honorable mentions, I'd have to go with the old Gafalloy Prolaunch Blue Axis 60 R. I put that shaft in my old Cleveland 588 Custom driver and it was so good. I still have that driver/shaft combo in my old club bag, and if I ever really lose it with my driver, I can put that one back in play and start hitting fairways again.

Currently....LinQ Gunmetal

Ventus black 7s is a nice fit for me. Feels smooth but stable. Stiff butt and tip give me the control and feel I like. I am also looking at the Ventus TR with great interest.

Funny how some shafts work better than others. I have yet to hit a Tensei shaft that felt good/right to me. ??

From driver to 7 wood all have Tensei Pro Blue TX. They just work for me.

A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HZRDUS Black 6.0

HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX without a doubt!

Experimenting currently with Tensei blue raw after hitting it in Tour Edge Pro 3 wood. Heavier than I’m used to but after getting used to it it preforms very well.

Evenflow Riptide CB. Smoothest shaft I've ever swung. Really wish I kept it and just sold the driver head that it was with.

I'd LOVE to try a Lin-Q Purple or a HZRDUS RDX Red though. I feel like they could possibly take over as new favorites

5AB2AA77-8163-41C8-AEBD-08443CF340D9.png

Project X Cypher 5.5. It’s really just a stock shaft that came on my Cleveland Halo XL Driver and FWWs but I just love em. I shafted all my clubs from Driver to my wedges (just a few days ago on my wedges). I like the light weight, the stiffer tip for control and they have a nice mid kick that just fits my swing perfectly. They look great as well and are very affordable.

Historically I’ve always liked the Aldila NV 65. Today, I’ve tried so many I honestly cannot say. The honma shafts are pretty silky smooth.

TPT Golf (sort of my Unicorn)
Oban Purple 55 (always wanted to own this one - had a stiff in 65 and should have kept it but the 55 R flex is sort of Unicorn Jr. (quite the kick)
Vizard Shafts with Honma are very smooth
Riptide

I haven’t gamed very many high end shafts but the one currently in my driver that I bought second hand last winner is probably the most stable shaft I have owned in my driver, an Accra TX6 Prototype.

There are a few I would like to try Ventus Blue and an Hzrdus RDX Blue but haven’t found one for my price range yet. In the meantime the Accra has been very good.

RDX Smoke Red but gonna have the LINQ Purple re-tipped for the Stealph and see how that works out.

:Aldila: Rogue White 130 MSI 60g XStiff. It's just a stable shaft that produces a nice ball flight.

Ventus Blue. No twisting for me on the downswing. Stable, stable and more stable.

Graf Blue 4evah!

But right now the AD TP or VR are my go to.

Right now it's the LIN-Q Purple. Its probable the smoothest driver shaft I've ever swung. Just put a Callaway tip on it last night for my Rogue ST Max and it's curing now. Plus the color is just sweet!!!

Oban Devotion 6/04
Has my preferred flight, decent feel, and goo results.
I’ve had it in various drivers over the years with good results.
Ironically, when I got fit at CC last year, it was the #1 performer in several different heads….

My favorite driver shaft has to be my Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 5s. I also love having the 6s in my wood shafts. They are so stable!

My favorite was from a 2008 Cleveland HiBore, a FujiKara Red X stiff. My current is a Project X 7.0. I also have an Atmos Tour spec something in X stiff (I don't use it really, a Cobra F9). I like the Project X though. It has a Ping G25 head.

It has to be my custom Project X Experience shaft. Love the profile, feel and results. And to me, it’s gorgeous.

Honourable mention goes to the Project X Riptide CB.

I’d like to try the Project X HZRDUS Blue RDX. I tried one in 3W, and I think it’d be very good for me in a driver.

Evenflow Blue. Just felt good

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Had the 2014 Speeder 661 (white) on my gamer drivers from 2015 until 2020, now have the 661 Evolution II. lots of stability and kick.

Back