Favorite golf pants and why

i decided to go all in on bonobos. i’ll be wearing some to work tomorrow, and hoping to play a round in them at some point. will report back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Parrot;n8889985 said:
Looking at DSG, the pants are the same price ($80) as Nikes, UAs and Pumas. I don�t doubt the pants are a good product but the price isn�t what I expected.
But they go on big sales several times throughout the year.

Like now, for instance! They are buy one, get one free.

Watching this thread. I bought two pair of PGA Tour pants mainly because they were in my size without needing to get them hemmed. 34x29

bonobos have become my daily work pant. so comfortable.

American Tall - main reason being that they're about the only pants I can find with my inseam length (38). I also like the slim fit and they're great quality.

I like some bonobos, but they're not my preferred pant outside of golf (except for a couple chinos), so I really have no reason to wear them golfing. With my job there's a fair separation between work pants and golf pants that lets me just focus on golf performance. That puts me in Puma Jackpot tailored, and UA Match Play tapered the majority of the time.

So far, I really like the Izods. Very comfortable and don't restrict me.

Dunning makes some really nice pants.

So far, I really like the Izods. Very comfortable and don't restrict me.

Same for me. They’re pretty much all I wear for golf. They’ve got the rubber stuff in the waistband to keep the shirts tucked in, they fit me well, and they clean easily which is important when you play from the woods, the mud, the pond....etc. :ROFLMAO:

Same for me. They’re pretty much all I wear for golf. They’ve got the rubber stuff in the waistband to keep the shirts tucked in, they fit me well, and they clean easily which is important when you play from the woods, the mud, the pond....etc. :ROFLMAO:
You bring up a great point. They do clean very easily, especially when you have pond hazard mud all over them, but of course I would not know anything about that. I am totally innocent :ROFLMAO:

I have two pair from jos a bank... weird I know but they are light and nice.

2017ish adidas tapered fit golf pants and it's not anywhere close. Wish I could find them for 40 or less somewhere. I'd buy enough pairs to last me the next ten years.

Soft material, very breathable, perfect fit, nice grab on the golf shirt at the waist, with the perfect amount of stretch.

Are the newer adidas not the same fit?

Actual golf pants are Jackpot hands down. I have some Columbia pants, jogger style with zippers at the bottom, they are my go to pants lately. I find as I have gotten older I wear things I would have never tried in my younger years.

Necro-post. Glad I found this thread as this is exactly what I’m looking for right now... some great lightweight golf pants that I can wear to the office, or wear to the course. I’m not looking for anything that’s too formal (or looks like suit pants).

What are you guys recommend these days? Thanks!

Necro-post. Glad I found this thread as this is exactly what I’m looking for right now... some great lightweight golf pants that I can wear to the office, or wear to the course. I’m not looking for anything that’s too formal (or looks like suit pants).

What are you guys recommend these days? Thanks!
I’m a big fan of the Puma Jackpot pants. I think they fit what your describing perfectly.

Last summer I discovered the joy of wearing golf pants to work. I live in a hot, humid climate. On days when I don't have any client interaction, the golf pant is the perfect work attire.

So my perfect golf pant needs to be breathable, not too sporty or loud because it has to be work-appropriate, and for fit I prefer something more European/trim since I have sticks for legs and a medically diagnosed severe condition of NoAssAtAll. The only pair of golf pants I have are Puma Stretch Pounce Pant. They pretty much check my boxes, though I'm curious to hear what others prefer.

What's your favorite golf pant and why?
I have 2 that I wear almost every day right now - golfing or in the classroom. The Under Armour tapered (match play?) pants are great - the most recent release - I can't remember the name. The other, which I have a sweet collection going on right now...... is Vineyard Vines On The Go pants. I'm a huuuuge fan of both.

I was gifted a load of Bonobos golf pants. I asked for the 5 pocket pant, since they look like jeans, which is what I usually wear to work. With the club being 5 minutes from the office, wearing work appropriate golf pants will let me still get lunchtime range sessions in without changing clothes.

I ended up buying a pair of Adidas Ultimate 365s. I really like the cut and comfort! I liked the look of the Puma Jackpots too, however they didn’t have any left in my size to try on. My local GG is picked through!

I ended up buying a pair of Adidas Ultimate 365s. I really like the cut and comfort! I liked the look of the Puma Jackpots too, however they didn’t have any left in my size to try on. My local GG is picked through!
Yea I was gonna say Adidas 365's are awesome, they have stretch and comfort. If you are a smaller or slimmer fella like myself the key is to get a "slim fit" or more of a tapered leg to avoid the bagginess. I also recently bought the new Nike Flex pants that are nice too.

As of this morning, they might be the Travis Mathew Open to Close.

Galvin Green - why? Fits sticks and normal legs. Tight enough to take them on a casual date. Stretch.

Want to try these Devereaux when on sale - I have 5 pairs of Gravity Shorts. - these look like they fit your specs.

Last edited:
Footjoy Tour pants are a new surprise favorite for me.

Also, a random find (didnt purchase) that seem like good golf pants: didn’t try them on, but they looked golf worthy...

Last edited:
Cargo shorts year round unless I have to go to a funeral, maybe then.

Back