Favorite Golf Quote

Stribs

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
What is your favorite golf quote?

"A good golfer has the determination to win and the patience to wait for the breaks." -Gary Player
"Keep your sense of humor. There's enough stress in the rest of your life not to let bad shots ruin a game you're supposed to enjoy." -Amy Alcott

"The most important shot in golf is the next one." Ben Hogan

"I can hit a 98 yard wide fairway 2% of the time; yet I can hit a 2 inch branch 98% of the time...."

"You have touch like a civil war surgeon"

Duffy Callahan

"Why dont you just throw it in the water"

ddec

"I didnt choke on that dick.....pic"

artist formerly known as Fritters

"Stop it, 441 is playing Driver almost off the deck"

Me

And countless others.

"Hello, world"

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Hey it took me 13 holes to close you out this year, progress Taylor!"
-Darth Finley

"Forget your opponents, always play for par" - Sam Snead

[h=1]“Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an ever smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose”--Churchill[/h]

"You are not good enough to get mad after a bad shot"

"You are not good enough to get mad after a bad shot"

I heard Lou Holtz say that yesterday. Loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I heard Lou Holtz say that yesterday. Loved it.

I keep telling that to myself hahaha

but I have learned that you shouldn't say it to someone that is getting pissed about a bad shot

"The most important stick in the bag is pencil." Chi Chi Rodriguez

The only sure rule in golf is he who has the fastest cart never has to play the bad lie.

"you're still away" Couldn't resist!

"I should've stayed at home and played with myself"

"You can talk to a slice, but a hook won't listen."

- Lee Trevino

"It's not a gimme if you're still away."

Seve when he was asked how he could 4 putt from 15 feet at the Masters.

"I miss, I miss, I miss, I make." Seve Ballesteros on his four-putt from 15 feet on the 16th green in 1988.

'We put all the bunkers short and right because that's where all the shi@@ty golfers end up.' - golf architect to remain nameless

I play golf because no one has a good tennis story. That one always cracks me up.

“I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone’s game: It’s called an eraser.” – Arnold Palmer

From a guy I was playing with on why he played as many shots as he wanted:

If I don't like the shot I'll drop and try again, and if I don't like that one I may try a third. Not paying $50 to get mad, frustrated and pissed off, if that was the case I would have gave the money to my wife and stayed home.

I laughed the rest of the round

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

"It's in the hole!"

- Carl Spackler

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. A child can play it well and a grown man can never master it. Any single round of it is full of unexpected triumphs and perfect shots that end in disaster. It is almost a science, yet it is a puzzle without an answer. It is gratifying and tantalizing, precise and unpredictable; it requires complete concentration and total relaxation. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and it is without doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
Arnold Palmer. 1963

Back