Favorite movie few people have heard of

A good, bad movie with a golf tie in I had totally forgotten.

Remo Williams, the Adventure Begins.

Very fun movie, but c’mon if the title say adventure begins you gotta give us a sequel.

I needed more life advise by Chuin

for me its

and

Greent Street Hooligans

Machinist. One of the best performances I have ever seen by Christian Bale. He lost 50 lbs to play the role and was hospitalized for weakness. You are pretty much lost the entire film until the very end. A tribute to Hitchcock and one of my favorites.

Streets of Fire. A Rock n Roll fable that was to be part of a trilogy but the critics misunderstood it and gave it very bad reviews and the other 2 films were never shot. An avalanche of cliche's in both dialog and performance that are delivered dead serious. A real treat for sight and sound and the first time I saw Bill Paxton and he was so good. 32 years later, this critic gets it:

The original.... Rollerball

Murder by Death

Pan's Labrynth
Guillermo Del Toro is a genius and I'm mad as hell that movie didn't cause everyone in Hollywood to green light him to make a $150 million HP Lovecraft adaptation. Pan's Labrynth is one of the best foreign language movies I've ever seen, and the second time I watched it I was 45 minutes in before I realized I forgot to turn subtitles on. Del Toro is an amazing visual storyteller.

How about Memento? Guy loses his memory every time he goes to sleep, so he tattoos info on his body as clues for himself when he wakes up.

One of my favorite comedies was Benny & Joon. It seems remarkable that it doesn't get a sort of nostalgia viewership, as it was before Depp did What's Eating Gilbert Grape and his star started rising, and before Quinn did Legends of the Fall. Depp's physical comedy in Benn & Joon is a lot of fun as a Buster Keaton send-up.

Rounders- Not sure if that’s cult enough
Suicide Kings
Reservoir Dogs
Chasing Amy

All are some of my favorite lesser known movie....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Across the Universe - wonderful but sappy movie set to Beatles music.

Reactions: KEV
Johnny Dangerously. "Fargin icehole" spans generations in our family.
Johnny Dangerously was amazing. I remember having an Amazon reminder set to let me know when it would be available on DVD.

You shouldn't hang me on a hook. My father hung me on a hook once. Once...

But, do you remember Iron Eagle 2? OMG was that bad. Almost ruin the original it was so bad ?

My current girlfriend had a small role in Iron Eagle III......that is a hard movie to sit through. Even to laugh at her film career.

Johnny Dangerously was amazing. I remember having an Amazon reminder set to let me know when it would be available on DVD.

You shouldn't hang me on a hook. My father hung me on a hook once. Once...

You guys need to be careful that you're not deported to Sweden.

A few more come to mind:

Blood Simple (Coen brothers' first movie)
Rocky Horror Picture Show (Tim Curry was fantastic)
Modern Romance (maybe Albert Brooks' best)

I highly recommend people check this one out (assuming you have a good sense of humor):

v1.bTsxMTYxNDgyODtqOzE4MjY5OzEyMDA7NzY4OzEwMjQ

And while it was panned by the critics, I really enjoyed:

secret_life_of_walter_mitty_poster-1-2.jpg
I'm not sure Walter Mitty counts as a movie few have heard of. It was a massive undertaking that had a ton of publicity.

The Last Starfighter was a fun movie.

Momento and Requiem for a Dream are my go to under the radar movies.

Back