Favorite part of the game to practice?

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
I used to love practicing, sometimes more than actually going out and playing. For me, my favorite part has always been bunker shots. My old course had this one hole that gave 3-4 really good bunkers to practice out of, and since I would play late on weekdays nobody was around. I would get time in with a 50-yard shot, 30-yard shot, a greenside uphill shot, and one behind the green with it running away from you. Those nights were so much fun. So when you get out to practice, be it at the range or course, what is the one area you really look forward to working on?

Generally for me it is irons. I just really enjoy hitting a nice iron shot.

short game. so much can be done it never ever gets boring

Short game and its not close for me. I find putting practice to be EXTREMELY boring. Though with my current woes maybe I should practice it more.

Short game! I feel it's the strongest part of my game and where I save a lot of strokes. Though recently, that is far from the truth. Still love practicing it though

Short game. So many shots to hit that need creativity. There's always a shot to practice and luckily I can practice most in my backyard.

Short game. Whether on the course or at the practice area I like to try to hit different types of short shots. Like in the OP, I have in the past enjoyed the solo rounds where I could play more than one ball to work on several different types of shots.

Short game. Lots of ways to make it fun and interesting. Driver/FWs/irons are all mostly "hit it straight", when practicing them.

Wedge on down. From PW distance to short game, I don't ever get bored with it.

My short game and trash talking. 😎

Short game and putting.
I wish I had a place to practice y bunker play as it's a glaring weakness in my game. All the bunkers around here are crap.

80 yards in. Without a doubt.

For me it is short irons and wedges. There’s nothing more satisfying to me than a shot the goes high, straight, and the right distance.

Putting. It was my biggest weakness for a long time. I started practicing some 25 years ago with drills that I head about on line. Still doing it and it is fun to just roll the ball within 3 feet from over 50 feet or more.

Hitting the driver is my favorite, but I practice the short game more often.

All of it.

I used to love practicing, sometimes more than actually going out and playing.

I can relate to this ^^^.

I love practicing 50-120 yard shots with wedges. I can go through multiple buckets of balls and hit nothing but 50 and 54 wedges with pure joy.

Putting is an area I need to learn how to practice and how to have fun practicing. I get sore and uncomfortable fairly quickly. And to be honest, I get bored.

Short game, especially greenside shots. So much room for creativity and it's fun, I never get tired of it.

I really enjoy chipping and pitching around the green. Has not seemed to translate to the course yet. But still like it.

i enjoy practice at the range more than I do playing. I really like working on everything from driver to wedges. I don't practice putting very much though.

Last edited:
Putting. That's about the only thing I practice at all anymore.

Chipping and putting.
I like to chip at our practice area for 1-2 hours at a time

Putting practice is when I listen to golf podcasts.

I'd much rather play than practice, but if I do it's chipping.

Back