FedEx, UPS and USPS delivery mishaps or success stories

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
With club deliveries happening probably daily around here, thought this would be a fun thread to share your stories of delayed, missing, damaged or even success stories with the 3 big carriers.

• Admin
I’ll go first… package due to arrive today but apparently is out for delivery in Kansas 😳🤣

B7FE5191-0EE6-4F8C-AF46-D00D3B0C10D4.png

My best story happened at work when the 'rona first hit. Fortunately I didn't tell the customer that their order had actually shipped after having been put on hold, because UPS showed it as received in the local depot. For 7 weeks.

Our regular driver worked with the girl in logistics and told me it was in one of the trailers they had set aside in their yard that they would "get to" once they caught up. He told me the exact trailer it was in.

One phone call to the manufacturer we ordered it from explaining the situation and it was delivered the next day ;)

About the time I had ordered a few clubs from Callaway, I received a club that had my name on the label but inside and based on the build it was a female golfer in NC. UPS slapped my address on the box - over her label. After several calls and emails to Callaway - they sent me a new label I took the box to UPS and it got to it's destination - though maybe a week late. I even emailed the fitter with a heads up.

For my efforts - Callaway sent me 2 gloves, my daughter a box of balls and I will get box as well (but mine are backordered, which seems odd - but not a big deal).

I won our FF league here last winter. Won a prize from THP as it goes - GG shipped it out it went from their business to the post office where it just sat for like 3 weeks. I wasn't upset about it, because there's no way for me to play in December or January anyways up in the tundra, but I was really excited to get a new club, I didn't know what it was going to be so it was just like a fun prize. Day after day I would check and it was still just sitting in the warehouse. I did exchange messages a couple times back and forth - I didn't want them to think I was ungrateful by not posting pictures when I got it - it just never showed up.

Then all of a sudden, like 3 weeks later BOOM it's out for delivery and here the next day. It came when I was out of town and my FIL (who play golf) was there. They told me I got a package that looks like a golf club. He was so darn impressed about THP (still won't go on here) because he's heard the stories I tell him (and still won't come on here) and the fun stuff that we do as a community (but still won't come on here).

• Admin
To pile on FedEx yesterday I had a work delivery I had been waiting for, it was already late by over 3 weeks from scheduled date. I email the supplier and he says good news your package is due to arrive today, here's the tracking number. I think to myself awesome! I click on the tracking number and it says its already been delivered and better yet signed for by me :oops: WTF.

I immediately call the supplier and he freaks out, says he's going to call his rep. I walk outside to see the FedEx truck about 5 buildings down. I walk down there and say something to the driver, she goes oh yeah I scanned it early I'll get down there in a minute. 🤦‍♂️ Unbelievable

Other than minor delays, I've never had any lost or damaged clubs show up with any of the carriers.

Not club related but I was shipping a watch and USPS sent it back to me because there was an issue with the delivery but when I went to go pick it up from the post office they told me they didn’t have it and that I was SOL. Took myself and the buyer speaking to a handful of people and me spending over an hour at the post office for them to realize it was sitting on a shelf 30ft away

Waiting on a package that was shipped last week. It just says usps in possession of it. Nothing else. They really like what they have so they feel they can just hang onto it for a bit I guess 🙄

Waiting on a package that was shipped last week. It just says usps in possession of it. Nothing else. They really like what they have so they feel they can just hang onto it for a bit I guess 🙄
LOL I'm not sure who is worse, FedEx or USPS

Didn't someone here have a club delivered to another office in their building and they denied that they received anything? And then a day or so later it miraculously showed up at the intended recipient's door? I seem to remember that thread and some of the sleuthing that went on.

Basically the same as asking do you want to be punched in the left marble or the right 😔
Head or gut is the appropriate question there :ROFLMAO: (bonus points if you know the quote haha)

My all time mis-delivery story, and what became my introduction to the THP community. I am sure a lot of you have read it, but for those that have not….

I order a couple of Shirts for Proud90 last Thursday, They shipped USPS from Boca FL,
Got scans in and out of the USPS facilities along the way.
Out for delivery today - Go Figure!

delivery-kick.gif

are there really success stories?? :ROFLMAO:

I don't believe I have had any mishaps in the past that I can think of. The drivers of the big three know better. ;)

@BigDill wins this thread hands down!!! that thread was GOLD and it came to mind immediately

Never ever have i had an issue with FedEx since 2000. USPS all depends on what is delivered. UPS, hit and miss. If its a regular driver that i know, no issues but a few other drivers well its 50-50 with packages left out in the open and not under a 10x10 front entry way. Now Amazon Prime, no issues.

I posted this in the rant thread. Had replacement parts from the manufacturer of my computer desk. The filing cabinet part broke and they sent a replacement. FedEx delivery notification said that it was delivered, but then had a note that it was being returned due to being damaged. I watched my RING and the FedEx guy delivered it and then looked at this mangled destroyed box and broken pieces and said why does this S*** always happen to me and grabbed it and left a note on my door.

I ordered my Srixon ZX7s from 2ns Swing.
I live in a very southern suburb of CLE. (technically I'm the next county, so technically not a suburb... but it is)
All the information on the label was correct.
FedEx delivered my clubs to the CLE Clinic in downtown CLE, about 25 miles away.
My wife & I called around and figured out that they were down there.
I was screaming at FedEx and she called the Clinic.

Luckily, we have friends that work at the Clinic and the delivery doors are under the parking garage the use and were able to confirm my clubs were there.
However, they couldn't pick them up since they were mine and not theirs. Rules are rules.
The next day, between meetings, I drove up there and got them.
Played in my league and then and outing 2 days later.

I worked at UPS in their Customs Brokerage department. Had to deal with bad deliveries on international shipments to customers.
Never thought something flown in from MN would get lost coming to Ohio.

Back