Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you think you have a good grasp of what you feel in your golf swing vs what is real?

I'll admit I don't have a CLUE after parallel what is real in my swing hahaha

I always love the "stop at the top" sessions on the range where people think they are pausing and if anything their transition is faster lmao

Nope. Feel isn't real, and my kinesthesia is terrible. Usually what I think I'm doing is nowhere near what I'm actually doing.

Comedy Central Lol GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

I think I've seen enough of my swing at this point to have synced up the feels with the reals.

Knowing them and managing them can still be pretty different things at times though.

I haven't the slightest clue. What I feel ABSOLUTELY isn't real. :LOL:

Feel is almost NEVER real. Luckily video doesn’t lie. I swear I “feel” like my backswing gets to parallel. It typically never comes close. I gotta feel like Daly to get it even close. Golf….

zero clue at all lol.

If I cannot see it, I don’t really know what it’s doing

Nope. I play by feel and that’s what’s most important to me.

I know know good swings what my feels are. I also know what is typically happening in my swing that is not real from a feel perspective.. so kinda..

I’ve gotten a lot more cognizant of it this year. Especially during my driver swing. I can feel things going wrong or right before contact and the results show it. It’s pretty eye opening after years of not having a clue what the hell was going wrong for me

Not a clue! When I see videos of my swing it’s like I’m looking at someone else compared to what I feel

Not a clue! When I see videos of my swing it’s like I’m looking at someone else compared to what I feel
When I see videos of my swing I think "Wow, that guy sucks!". :ROFLMAO:

Not a clue on full shots. My full swing and laid off feel is past parallel and across the line in reality. I know my feel vs. real on partial wedges is about 25% off. I think I’m stopping at lead arm parallel but I’m actually closer to 1:30. But it’s consistent so I keep going with the feel knowing it’s off. I keep telling myself if I go heavier in swing weight I’ll be able to feel it.

Not at all, in fact I provably feel more lost than anything lol. After I get to a certain point, I have no idea.

Not even a little bit. Every time I see video of myself I'm shocked how flat/shallow my backswing is.

It can be super deceiving, which is why video is so important. A while back I went in for a lesson wondering why I was hitting these wipey, guider fades, and my swing coach showed me on film how NOT full of a turn I’d been making. Started making full turns and picked up like 50 yards of distance 🤦

This thing has got me the feel vs real difference for my backswing which was my biggest fault. I can feel when things are going bad and I put in a full range session with the alignment sticks. I generally use this every 3rd to 5th range session now.

1713848426728.png

I have no feel versus real. There are times an instructor gives me a good “feeling” but none of it seems real and sticks for long.

I often feel I am a pretty decent golfer, but then reality creeps in…

I don't have a ton of feel vs real.

The worst part is, after I'm done with my swing and it was a perfect swing, I couldn't tell you exactly what I did differently so I'm no better off than I was beforehand.

I can more easily replicate some of my swings than others which is probably part of my problem.

I can feel the club release properly at impact. A world of difference when I don't.

I have no idea what is real, but I play almost entirely by feel. It's all I know.

I don’t have any clue

Same as most everyone, I have no grasp on reality. Lol.

But I no longer care and years of video has been counterproductive. If I can’t develop good habits to the point where they happen without me thinking about, positions will always be just another rabbit hole to waste years of practice time on.

Does the feel produce good shots? If yes, then I don’t care what it looks like.

I've seen it on video repeatedly, and yet...still don't totally grasp it. Without video, no way the two match up for me. Maybe, hopefully, some day.

Back