Finally Biting The Bullet - Hip Surgery

Good luck Nut! I’m sure you’ll be playing before you know it and I’m sure your body will figure out how it needs to make a new move pretty quick. Kick some a$$ in PT man!

So 3 weeks post surgery, things are progressing well. I can still only put 10% of my weight on my right side. It's rough getting around on crutches but PT has helped 3 times a week. Having to rely on Mrs Nut a lot, so I will have to think of something special for her to do when things are back to normal. Unfortunately, golf is still a long way away. There will be a big adjustment to the golf swing for sure. Lessons will finally be in order since the swing will be almost brand new. Good thing will be that my shoulders & hips will finally be level. Looking forward to getting back at it. Wish me luck!

Yeah, but you’re head will still be crooked! Rehab will get easier and you’ll be swinging before you know it....Get better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had both replaced (Right 2014, Left 2017). Both times I was off the walker in 5 days and off the cane in 12 days, and playing golf in 5-6 weeks. Since you are 3 weeks in and still on crutches, I am guessing you did not get the anterior approach, which is too bad unless that is not an option for treating the condition you described. Still, eventually you should feel like new, at least in the hip region - keep focused on that!

So 3 weeks post surgery, things are progressing well. I can still only put 10% of my weight on my right side. It's rough getting around on crutches but PT has helped 3 times a week. Having to rely on Mrs Nut a lot, so I will have to think of something special for her to do when things are back to normal. Unfortunately, golf is still a long way away. There will be a big adjustment to the golf swing for sure. Lessons will finally be in order since the swing will be almost brand new. Good thing will be that my shoulders & hips will finally be level. Looking forward to getting back at it. Wish me luck!

Stick with the PT and you'll be back before you know it! Glad to hear it's coming along well.

Back