Finally Biting The Bullet - Hip Surgery

Best of luck man. Not that it helps but I’ve heard it’s easier to recover from hip than it is knee replacement

True as your full weight doesn't go through your hip like it does your knees! :smile: Though I was back to full playing less than 10 weeks after each knee replacement and putting, chipping even hitting balls weeks before that.

I’ve had both replaced, without issue.
Follow the surgeon’s protocol, pre and post surgery, and it will be a seamless process. Sticking to post surgery rehab helps the recovery time. You’ll wish you’d done it sooner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will you be getting a CPM for your recovery?

I haven't had a hip replaced, but good luck with the surgery!

General advice, from someone who blew her knee skiing, ice is your friend! Trust your doctor and your physical therapist, but in that "trust but verify" kind of way. During PT it will hurt a bit, but it shouldn't be PAIN. Trust YOUR instincts too - you know your body and what you're feeling, they don't.

The best of luck to you!! Hopefully by spring you'll be in fabbo shape!

I think those are for knee replacements only. But I'll ask

Definitely ask. I helped someone through a hip surgery recovery and this thing was a giant life saver and kept things moving.

Good luck brother! Let us know when you're ready to get back out there.

Good luck, Nut! You'll be back throwing darts in no time!

A buddy of mine had both hips replaced (4 years apart) and he says that he is better than new! He strongly recommends that you follow the recommended post surgery protocol from your surgeon. Physio is most important and keep moving as much as you can. He is loving every minute being back on the course but unfortunately the surgery did not help his nasty slice very much.
Good luck!

Like others who've responded, I have a couple of friends who had both replaced. Both are golfers and today both walk most rounds. Hope you surgery goes as well as those I know who've had the same procedure.

Good luck with this nut! You'll be good as new next year.

Hoping for a speedy recovery Nut!

So I'm finally getting the surgery done to replace my right hip come January 9th. I figured I would do it over the winter months, so I'm ready to go come next Spring.

I will have to revamp my entire swing come the Spring, so lessons will definitely be needed. I should be a new man, in a lot less pain, & actually be able to turn behind the ball again. I will be excited to participate in a THP Event come next summer!

Anyone else gone thru this? Any complications? I understand it's a fairly easy procedure nowadays.

Wish me luck!

You will be fine my man. The surgery should take an hour and a half unless it’s fused. You will get general anesthetic and an epidural.

They will have you up and walking almost the minute you arrive in your room. It’s tough but needed. The pain you feel will be gone. You’ll realize how much pain your actually were in. All the best bro! Make sure you rehab! It hurts but is needed.

The golf swing will come back real quick.

Good luck, dude..you'll be better than new in no time!

Best of luck Nut!

Best of luck nut. You'll be a rebuilt man in the spring.

Good luck with the surgery! I imagine the lack of daily pain will be so much worth the temporary hassle of surgery & rehab! Speedy recovery!

Good luck, buddy. Lots of Caps hockey to watch this winter.
Don't skimp on your PT (wife's orders).

Best of luck my man, and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Glad you’re taking action, but remember this isn’t a root canal.... this is a complex procedure and complications are possible. Vet you surgeon, understand the planned procedure, know what device is being used for implant... research the rehab protocol, follow instructions and remember every patient is different... what you experience may/will be different so ask questions....

Best of luck.... and as previously suggested see if lobotomy is available as 2 fer...

Haven't gone through it, so I wish you luck.

When they tell you to get up and move, get up and move. Don't skip on rehab/PT either. They'll have you good as new in no time.

'Nut, when you come back from the surgery and actually start playing better because you are no longer in pain, be prepared for your buddies referring to you as the "bionic man" and having an unfair advantage! LOL

Good luck with the op and I hope everything goes well for you

Believe it or not, the actual procedure only takes around 30-45 minutes depending on any complications, but make sure that you follow the rehab that they give you

My dad had one hip replaced and it helped him a lot, and we were actually talking to an old guy on the course yesterday who had both of his hips replaced, the last one less than 6 months ago, so don't worry about not being able to get back out there

So 3 weeks post surgery, things are progressing well. I can still only put 10% of my weight on my right side. It's rough getting around on crutches but PT has helped 3 times a week. Having to rely on Mrs Nut a lot, so I will have to think of something special for her to do when things are back to normal. Unfortunately, golf is still a long way away. There will be a big adjustment to the golf swing for sure. Lessons will finally be in order since the swing will be almost brand new. Good thing will be that my shoulders & hips will finally be level. Looking forward to getting back at it. Wish me luck!

So 3 weeks post surgery, things are progressing well. I can still only put 10% of my weight on my right side. It's rough getting around on crutches but PT has helped 3 times a week. Having to rely on Mrs Nut a lot, so I will have to think of something special for her to do when things are back to normal. Unfortunately, golf is still a long way away. There will be a big adjustment to the golf swing for sure. Lessons will finally be in order since the swing will be almost brand new. Good thing will be that my shoulders & hips will finally be level. Looking forward to getting back at it. Wish me luck!
Chris, I will be following along closely and know you will recover quickly! If you need anything just let me know. I should have my garage simulated driving range upgraded to play full virtual golf rounds by the fall so if you are ramping back up and want to play during the cold weather you are welcome to join me!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back