First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

Ladies and gentlemen....and THP’ers....

I got FILTHY with these today.

The comfort is all in, and the 48 is becoming more and more versatile for me. Biggest thing is ive adapted to the grinds and am trusting them...and they are WORKING.

Consistent as the day is long and even with a ton of rounds on them, the spin from no ideal lies is crazy good.
But James...

RTX4.

But James...

RTX4.
Zipcore > RTX4

If for no other reason than the way they channel debris and retain spin from non perfect lies. It’s mind boggling.

Want to try these after listening to the off course podcast today

These wedges are EXTREMELY impressive, Alex.

They really are. Versatility is there, but the consistency in feel and flight is killer.

I love my MIMs but this feedback isn’t doing my wallet/ponder any favors

let me know how they handle the Wolf this weekend and i may make the ponder a reality

I will say, the move to Tour Issue S400’s from the Spinners in these have definitey contributed to my comfort level increasing. It’s very much a familiar and comfortable feel, but at the same time I can do everything I want to flight wise with them.

I wish I had a raw set with a tour grind job on them, but there’s not enough of a reason to make that jump right now.

I’m happy to say I’m all zipcore in the wedges and the 50* has been a birdie machine. I went tour grind on the 58 low (wanted mid but sold out) and it’s rust is great.

I’m happy to say I’m all zipcore in the wedges and the 50* has been a birdie machine. I went tour grind on the 58 low (wanted mid but sold out) and it’s rust is great.
I wish I had rust :(

That said, my 48 is like your 50, LETHAL.

I wish I had rust :(

That said, my 48 is like your 50, LETHAL.
It replaced the set gap wedge, which I didn’t expect to stick. But the birdie count off that thing is silly for my game.

It replaced the set gap wedge, which I didn’t expect to stick. But the birdie count off that thing is silly for my game.
I’m just not a fan of set gap wedges like some here are, for me, I want too much versatility in that spot. (y)

Man, I was leaning hard on the 56* today and it delivered. I was hitting them close all day. The RTX with the Recoil Wedge Proto shafts have been fantastic combo where I can be aggressive and trust that the ball is going to stop just in time.

I picked up a 62* to play around with on tight/firm lies and when I’m short sided. I’ve got 2 rounds on it with mixed results but I think that’s more from getting used to the 62* than it is the wedge. When I have the right lie and do my part I get the results I was hoping for. I’m still trying to figure out when the right time to use it vs my 58* CBX full face. There aren’t many lies I feel confident enough to use it this time of year so I may put it up until next year

I played the rtx4’s with TIs400’s and got along great with them. How much of a difference is there between the the TI spinners and the standard tis400’s? If I use the 58* mostly out of the sand would getting the ‘full grind’ be the best option? In the rtx4’s I had mid on all of them

I played the rtx4’s with TIs400’s and got along great with them. How much of a difference is there between the the TI spinners and the standard tis400’s? If I use the 58* mostly out of the sand would getting the ‘full grind’ be the best option? In the rtx4’s I had mid on all of them
Following. Have same questions.

I can’t help you on the first part but I’m a big fan of the mid out the sand because it gives me a lot of options off the turf too. But a full grind will be great (and I mean great) out of the bunker if it’s not hard packed sand.

Reactions: MH
My 54* Zipcore showed up today and I really like what I see here. I like that Cleveland appears to have taken some of the design features of the RTX4 that I love but added some new touches. I'm not sure how much I would like that new hump on the back side toward the top on a higher lofted wedge but for the 54* it should be no problem.

Golf season is over here but I should be able to get some simulator time in coming up. I'm pretty interested to compare the feel of this vs. the previous models.

I have been really impressed with full swing shots and these clubs. The Recoil Wedge Proto combo is just too good when you really need to get after one, but also allows enough feedback on touch shots. Last weekend I chipped another one in with my 56 from about 25 yards out, which was awesome and goes to show how confident I am with these wedges.

Best wedge out there, hands down.

Last edited:
The ZipCore is the best wedge I have ever played. These are spinning machines and so consistent in chipping.

These are super legit and I had them right before getting into the Morgan Cup. They haven’t made it back in the bag yet though.

The ZipCore is the best wedge I have ever played. These are spinning machines and so consistent in chipping.

Agreed. I cannot get over the spin. It’s very impressive

After receiving one this summer, I got in lots of work, both on the course and in practice, with this wedge. I used it more than I should have, just to test it out. The one thing that I mentioned before, and that keeps coming to the forefront, is just how great these are out of suspect lies. Think thick turf that usually eats your club alive. This just cuts right through it, so well. On more than one occasion, I hit a shot and just shook my head, because of how the ball came out, nice and high, right near my intended target. Just a great versatile wedge!

These are super legit and I had them right before getting into the Morgan Cup. They haven’t made it back in the bag yet though.

quick summary for a skimmer on what they did better than my gamers?

quick summary for a skimmer on what they did better than my gamers?

I think the sole is a touch wider which, to me, helps in softer conditions. Also, for some reason, I hit these further than any other wedge I’ve gamed.

Back