First Look: Cobra Golf T-Rail Irons

Appreciate the photos. Looks like the finish holds up pretty well.
For a black finish not too Shabby. Even the face holds up well. My 7i face was pretty clean until a range session on very sandy soil.

For a black finish not too Shabby. Even the face holds up well. My 7i face was pretty clean until a range session on very sandy soil.

Solid wear pattern

maybe I bring these to vegas next week...

If they’d only make something like these in OL🤷‍♂️

Interesting concept for sure and probably one that would work. But from a business point of view, you have two sort of niche products, so mixing the two might not lead to sales.
For one they are SGI, hollow body, railed irons -- Given the T-Rails are on the larger side of the club spectrum that is a turn off for many. So to appeal to more of the masses it probably makes the most sense to apply one length to a more reasonably sized iron head size/shape like their normal GI line (Speedzone, F9, F8, etc).

Then there is the whole One Length concept -- I am sure Cobra sells their fair share of OL irons, in my opinion it's still a pretty foreign idea I'd think for the masses. For me and many slower swingers, there seems to be a shortcoming also with proper gapping at the upper end.
I can't make a 4 or 5i work in a traditional set due to too low of launch let alone a one length 4 or 5i where you are generating less speed since the shaft is shorter.

Last night in the Sim I spent some time with the T-Rail hybrid and came away pretty darn impressed. Long, immediate high launch and decent amount of spin for something in the 4 spot.

Last night in the Sim I spent some time with the T-Rail hybrid and came away pretty darn impressed. Long, immediate high launch and decent amount of spin for something in the 4 spot.

But how crazy did they perform for @Canadan ?

Super Solid irons. I changed my ball position recently And with that change I am favoring another set of irons but this season from March until mid sept these had me at my lowest cap ever.
I’ll be curious if Cobra sticks with this design for future iterations or if it’s a one and done thing.

I wasn't allowed to hit that profile. House rules hahaha

Also, JB showed everything I needed to see with it.. GREAT shots.

I just remember what you did with the OG Altitudes

I just remember what you did with the OG Altitudes
haha, they had insanely awesome Miyazaki shafts in them (that actually worked for my swing).

These had a 50g shaft that I might have snapped... and then @JB would have been mad because he was actually hitting it REALLY well haha

haha, they had insanely awesome Miyazaki shafts in them (that actually worked for my swing).

These had a 50g shaft that I might have snapped... and then @JB would have been mad because he was actually hitting it REALLY well haha

Those were really good shaft! Haha yeah probably not the best for you

Serious question, have you ever snapped a shaft by swinging and hitting a ball Dan? I've seen some long drive hitters rip balls with soft shafts and not break them.

Serious question, have you ever snapped a shaft by swinging and hitting a ball Dan? I've seen some long drive hitters rip balls with soft shafts and not break them.
I wish! That sounds awesome.
I've had a head go flying before, but even that was a clean slide out of the adapter, not a snap.

Closest I've been is caving in the face of a TaylorMade fairway wood. And yes, I 100% celebrate it haha

Alex Etches hit the Trails off the cart path. If that didn’t break them with his aggressive pass at the ball nothing is 😀

As the season has progressed, I have become more comfortable with the TRails. They are so easy to launch and when well struck, the ball flight is high and straight. For anyone who has difficulty in hitting irons and/or want to improve the trajectory of their irons, these clubs are going to help you. I have been working the last few weeks finding my optimal ball position for my irons. I played my last 4 holes on Sunday in one under par hitting all three greens in regulation where I had an iron in. Three very good birdie chances. Two 8 irons and a 6 iron. As long as I make a decent swing, these irons perform. As for the other green I hit in regulation in that four hole stretch, that was the result of the one of the longest, unaided 5 wood (Speedzone 5W) I probably have ever hit (no wind or cart path etc. help). So, a good day Sunday with the Cobra equipment. The Speedzone Fairways and the TRails are a pleasure to hit.

I got in a 9 hole round yesterday on a shorter course nearby.
I took the T-rail 6-SW as well as my recently acquired PXG 0311 SGI 6-SW to do a little bake off.

I essentially played a ball with both sets and shot +5 with both irons. Had a double bogey with the T-rails which really hurt the score.
I was ready to make the switch to the PXG's based on looks alone, but the PXG set wedges have been giving me fits.
I am a big believer in set wedges and the T-rail PW, GW and SW (especially) have been lights out. If I come to a 115 yd, 100 yd or 85 yd flap I expect to hit the green and even get it pretty close. Yesterday's results were no different.

With the 6i I will give the nod to the PXG. I naturally draw the ball but with this club I hit a slight pull cut that goes high, and usually at my target. With the T-Rail 6 I haven't quite figured out the right ball position for it. This entire season I have played the ball too far back in my stance and it flies too low and hooky. With the ball more forward and with more neutral hands yesterday it went really high but short of what I'd expect it to.
But on the 7i-SW the T-rails I felt more comfortable with especially the wedges as already mentioned.

Thinking hard about sending the PXG's back as today as it's the last day to meet their return policy.

Anyone heard any rumors of Cobra refreshing these? They came out a year ago today.

JB was that the 4 hollow body iron or the traditional type 4 Hybrid that comes with the Combo set?

With the T-Rail 6 I haven't quite figured out the right ball position for it. This entire season I have played the ball too far back in my stance and it flies too low and hooky. With the ball more forward and with more neutral hands yesterday it went really high but short of what I'd expect it to.

I struggled all year with ball position with the T Rails. And you're not alone in your observations about the ball launching really high and landing short of expectations. Using the T-Rails for the season has led me to believe they are not as long as I would expect. But they definitely launch high and straight.

I struggled all year with ball position with the T Rails. And you're not alone in your observations about the ball launching really high and landing short of expectations. Using the T-Rails for the season has led me to believe they are not as long as I would expect. But they definitely launch high and straight.
I was really in a weird spot with them. I was scoring very well but with my wedges I was playing the ball off my back foot or sometimes even behind it.
The 6/7/8/9 irons were not that far from my back foot either. When I had a PW shot hit the middle of the green and bounce and roll off the green I knew I had to make a ball position change. :unsure:

That was about the time when I got the PXG's and they seemed to prefer the ball more in the middle of my stance. The 6i wow'd me since I have a hard time launching the ball. Yesterday when I moved the ball to the middle of my stance with the T-rail 6i, it flew even higher than the PXG. I was like whoa where was that height the last year :)

When struck well though both 6i went the same distance. As long as I can get 150-155 carry out of a 6i I am fine with that (the short knocker that I am).

Still have a used set of these sitting unused in my office. Still SOO tempted to send them off to Cobra to go from stock graphite to some recoils. Would definitely enjoy the added 20 grams of weight coming from the 60 gram launcher hb turbos graphite's.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I was really in a weird spot with them. I was scoring very well but with my wedges I was playing the ball off my back foot or sometimes even behind it.
The 6/7/8/9 irons were not that far from my back foot either. When I had a PW shot hit the middle of the green and bounce and roll off the green I knew I had to make a ball position change. :unsure:

That was about the time when I got the PXG's and they seemed to prefer the ball more in the middle of my stance. The 6i wow'd me since I have a hard time launching the ball. Yesterday when I moved the ball to the middle of my stance with the T-rail 6i, it flew even higher than the PXG. I was like whoa where was that height the last year :)

When struck well though both 6i went the same distance. As long as I can get 150-155 carry out of a 6i I am fine with that (the short knocker that I am).

If I can get the ball flight and trajectory that the T-Rails provide with consistency, I will be very happy. I too, am not a long hitter by any stretch and I'd accept 155 yards high and straight from the 6iron any day.

As an aside, as part of the MC process, I hit both the T-Rails and Speedzone Irons. I was definitely longer with the Speedzones. But, the height and accuracy I was getting from the T-Rails, even on poor swings, had me leaning that way. The performance off mishits whether in the heel or toe was a factor in my selecting the T-Rails.

To this day, my only concern with the T-Rails is that they launch too high at times . That may be a ball position thing as I tend to play the ball too far forward. Until I had the T-Rails, I never hit my irons high. It gives me something to think about / work on early next season as this season is quickly coming to a close for me.

If I can get the ball flight and trajectory that the T-Rails provide with consistency, I will be very happy. I too, am not a long hitter by any stretch and I'd accept 155 yards high and straight from the 6iron any day.

As an aside, as part of the MC process, I hit both the T-Rails and Speedzone Irons. I was definitely longer with the Speedzones. But, the height and accuracy I was getting from the T-Rails, even on poor swings, had me leaning that way. The performance off mishits whether in the heel or toe was a factor in my selecting the T-Rails.

To this day, my only concern with the T-Rails is that they launch too high at times . That may be a ball position thing as I tend to play the ball too far forward. Until I had the T-Rails, I never hit my irons high. It gives me something to think about / work on early next season as this season is quickly coming to a close for me.

#Forgiveness #FTW

Maybe try a ball with less spin too?

Back