First Look: Scotty Cameron 2019 Teryllium T22 Putter

Love the look, and the history behind the line. I doubt we'll see a center shafted version, which means I'll likely not have one but man do they look good.

I guess we’ll be eating Ramen noodles at my house next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should be available at Titleist authorized dealers on August 16th.

I am curious to see if Budget Golf gets them in. They have most of the SC lineup. That would be my first go of course : )

I am curious to see if Budget Golf gets them in. They have most of the SC lineup. That would be my first go of course : )

I can now say that Budget will have them in stock.
I can also say this is way more of a limited release than expected. With stores getting less than a dozen in many cases.

I wonder if that works out. Would be good to see.

I've always heard with Limited Release stuff, especially the things you really want, you had to go much much smaller to get one.

The man knows how to print money. That’s a fact.

Wow.

I’m sure I’ll have one. The modern weight adjustability is killer.

this puts my avatar pic in trouble lol

These have always been some of the best looking putters he’s made. Add the weight customization and head-shape options, these will fly off the shelves imo.

Unpopular opinion here but these are pretty dull to me. It looks like a cheap old putter.

My guess is that Scotty Cameron brand new putters sales have been trending down for the past several years (at least within the USA market).
So, I think offering at least a "look" that was part of what made Cameron famous (black Newport style head with insert) is probably a good idea, although if it's a limited number release I don't know how same could impact much Cameron brand putter sales.
Instead of two Newport shapes with the same flange line I think it would have been better to offer the Newport naked, and the Newport 2 with a flange line (this was formerly Scotty's standard for these two putter model head shapes).
Regarding weight, I could not find any details on the Cameron web site, but my assumption is that the standard head will be 330 grams (with no weights), 10 gram weights included stock with no upcharge, making for a 350 gram finished putter. I assume 5 gram, 15 gram, 20, and maybe 25 gram weights will be available for an extra charge, meaning the "range of possible finished putter head weights is 340 grams to 380 grams. That's fine, but the original model popular 20 years ago was a 330 gram putter head weight. Hopefully the new one is a 320 em-no-weights head, so that 5 gram weights could be installed for those who want a 330 finished weight head. But I doubt this is the case because following Scotty's original "removable weight putter line ", which I think was the Select line of 2008, Cameron bumped the no-weights-installed head weight up from 320 to 330. From that point on 340 finished weight was the lowest one could get.

My guess is that Scotty Cameron brand new putters sales have been trending down for the past several years (at least within the USA market)..

No sir.
Scotty Cameron new putter sales are up 1% year over year in Golf Datatech.
Going past that, they were up .9% the previous year.

Did I miss something? I thought price was 599?

My bad, that does bring it closer to reality then, I saw the CAD reference and thought that was US as well. My bad on that. I may need to get my hands on one but I still think it's a bit more than I would put into it, though definitely closer.

No sir.
Scotty Cameron new putter sales are up 1% year over year in Golf Datatech.
Going past that, they were up .9% the previous year.

of all the things in golf to take a hit, I don't see Scotty struggling. Maybe even one of the last to drop outside of maybe Odyssey.

Their limited putters have always had a way of touching a piece of the market. This one is just unique in that nostalgia will be a big factor for those who have followed the brand for over two decades.

I’m surprised it isn’t more TBH.

Me too. Honestly was expecting north of $800. And ugh that fastback 1.5 is great looking.

This is a very sharp looking putter. I am sure Scotty Cameron fans will be very happy.

Considering how popular the originals still are on the bay, my guess is that these will move very quickly, and will command a premium after they are sold out.

Just my .02

Unpopular opinion here but these are pretty dull to me. It looks like a cheap old putter.

As an avid SC fan, these are a pretty easy pass for me. I've got enough of the classics, and I still buy Sole Stamps when I find them to not find the allure in the modernization of a classic. I'd rather see an "inspired by" version of the classic sticks - something truly brand new, that uses cues from the old putters.

of all the things in golf to take a hit, I don't see Scotty struggling. Maybe even one of the last to drop outside of maybe Odyssey.

Their limited putters have always had a way of touching a piece of the market. This one is just unique in that nostalgia will be a big factor for those who have followed the brand for over two decades.

Will it though? Why go with nostalgia, when you can have the real deal for less than half the price?

Considering how popular the originals still are on the bay, my guess is that these will move very quickly, and will command a premium after they are sold out.

Just my .02

I think the originals are popular because they are carbon heads , and (to a lesser degree ) that they are Scotty's traditional 330 gram head weight.
This new limited model is stainless (not carbon), and I am guessing the lightest weight head weight one could achieve is 340 grams.
Regardless, I think pretty much all of the Scotty Cameron limited editions putters sell out very quickly, and this new offering probably will as well.

Will it though? Why go with nostalgia, when you can have the real deal for less than half the price?

Are there many to be had in excellent shape that won't cost in both weight and dollar to repair?

There are a couple of things that make a big difference for me here. The milling and the weighting are primary for me.

I think the originals are popular because they are carbon heads , and (to a lesser degree ) that they are Scotty's traditional 330 gram head weight.
This new limited model is stainless (not carbon), and I am guessing the lightest weight head weight one could achieve is 340 grams.
Regardless, I think pretty much all of the Scotty Cameron limited editions putters sell out very quickly, and this new offering probably will as well.

what does a carbon head mean for people when it's got an insert in it? Aside from the forced maintenance, of course.

Beautiful putters but a bit expensive!!

Are there many to be had in excellent shape that won't cost in both weight and dollar to repair?

There are a couple of things that make a big difference for me here. The milling and the weighting are primary for me.

There are many. You just need to look. There was one GIP on facebook a few days ago. I've added weight behind the face on some of mine just to get them up there.

what does a carbon head mean for people when it's got an insert in it? Aside from the forced maintenance, of course.

Insert or not, plenty of players like carbon putters. Scotty's original terrylium insert putters had an impact sound/feel players liked. I don't know if that was due to the insert, the carbon head, the weight of the putter head, or a combination of all three. During that late 90's era the Scotty Cameron line offered both stainless as well as carbon head putters, and I am not sure why he chose to use one material versus the other, insert vs no insert etc...

Back