Fix Professional Golf

echico

#MOIJacking
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A lot of talk about the division in professional golf and how the game needs to be fixed. Well here is your chance to fix golf.

Tell us your solution in 10 words or less. Just the headline, not the full article. You can have multiple ideas/solutions but they can only be 10 words or less.

1. Enforce Pace of Play rules.
2. Major every other month (Feb Apr June Aug)

3. sustainable purse model that aligns with sponosr economics. (i.e. NHL players taking massive pay cut with TV money fell through post strike)

4. TV/streaming actually covers GOLF shots.

Every top player plays 20 events a year

Dump the tour.
There, its much better. Ask any real pro, the teachers.

1. Allow LIV players back
2. Less events
3. New courses

1. Players play where they want.
2. Smaller Fields
3. Shot Clock

(Edited to fit in the 10 words or less)

Last edited:
Roll the ball forward, not back.

Top 50 together in top tier. The rest will fall into place.

1/ less centralised money ,, spread it , further ( when players can buy into football clubs etc ?? That’s excessive )

2/ broaden the courses played on - links etc , not the same , old school white / terracotta club , established courses

3/ PGA play the game around the world ( yes there are other tours but equally not at same quality of player ) conversely they could also play on other international courses , The LPGA does it , so do other tours … widen the markets

Too much of golf is silo thinking , instead of working together to achieve exponentially more .

Allow range finders to speed things up.

Let guys be real free agents

Ditch the dress code, golf needs more John dalys

The division between the two tours makes the four majors even that much more captivating. There is a silver lining in all of this.

Eliminate about 6 events get rid of the fedex cup and its stop points.

So much skimming

Outlaw joggers

Combine Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup. Americas vs World

Enforce pace of play.

I’d also like to see more US Open type courses. I want to see the best players in the world fighting against difficult lies, birdie fests and big distance can get boring.

Fire Jay and hire Greg.

Happy Daffy Duck GIF by Looney Tunes

I’d also like to see more US Open type courses. I want to see the best players in the world fighting against difficult lies, birdie fests and big distance can get boring.
I agree with this 100%

OMG, If I were allowed to get away it, I think I would go full R. Lee Ermey :LOL:

1710830158869.png

1. Go back to the mid Oct - Jan break. (golf is oversaturated)

2. Add the TPC as a 5th major.

3. Do away with the Fedex Cup nonsense.

4. Dump the Ryder Cup. (It's not much more than a nationalistic media driven drama fest, with reporters running around looking for any quotes to rile up the drunks)

5. Dump the Presidents Cup. (Ryder Cup lite)

6. Only the top 75 players are exempt for the following season. (this ain't a social program sweetheart)

7. 20 tournament minimum for exempt players. (suck it up buttercup)

8. Kick the Saudi's & Greg Norman's asses as far away from the PGA TOUR as possible. (oorah!)

1. Get rid of the PIP-Mr. Congeniality Contest.
2. Less commercials for PGA events.
3. Complete revamp of OWGR and give LIV points.
4. Allow LIV players to play PGA events.

PGA changes of additional outhouses at tournaments, organic food, complimentary dry cleaning for players and caddies, ice baths, and free picture yardage books hasn't help keep players. 😜

Last edited:
I know, maybe shotgun starts, team pla
Golf is supposed to be a target game. Take away the incentive to bomb it and not worry about being off line and there will be no need to penalize the public for the pros playing on courses that run like parking lots even in the rough.. Hell I have been to tournaments where the "rough" provided better lies than half of the public tracks I play.

Back