Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
Prompted by @Junkyard's thread.

What are you wearing when you fly?

I am usually in a button down with slacks, or jeans, and almost always a sport coat. I like to look nice, but not over dressed. I feel I'm way in the minority here these days. I'm pretty sure @JB once told me he'd ban anyone who wears flip flops on a plane.

running shoes, tee shirt (maybe a polo) shorts or pants. and a hoodie b/c it is generally freezing on the plane.

it matters where I'm going. Normal attire if I am on a US flight. Typically nylon travel pants and tee shirt if going on overnight flights.

Shorts and a polo or jeans and a polo

Jeans, Tshirt and running shoes basically.

Team Walk GIF by The Traitors Australia

Not for me, but I get a kick out of all the track suits you see.

For me - jeans and a quarter zip.

I depends on if it’s work or pleasure. Work is dress pants button down shirt for please usually shorts, tshirt or polo.

Polo, shorts or pants depending on the climate leaving and arriving. Quarter zip always in the backpack. Always close toed shoes. Always.

Also depends on where I'm going. If traveling for work--button down with slacks and a blazer.

If for leisure or I'm going somewhere tropical, then polo or tshirt with a pullover since it's usually freezing on the plane. I'm becoming more and more casual though. Sign of the times.

Quick anecdote: on a recent flight down to Miami, a thin African-American fellow (in his 40s) was sitting diagonally across the aisle from me. He was pretty gregarious and chatted up some of the flight attendants. He wore a dark green velour track suit with silver trim. And was accessorized with jewelry as well as a very noticeable gold watch (Rolex day date I think). All of that is not uncommon. What was interesting was that he had a rectangular pocket on the front of his thigh, sewn into the track pants on the left leg. And in the pocket he had a giant stack of $100 bills. I wasn't sure if they were all $100 bills, but the stack was an inch high, and half of the stack was showing (e.g. outside of the pocket). Funny, the guy was asleep half of the flight. I don't think I could close my eyes for a sec if I were him.

If it doesn’t say juicy on the backside, are you even doing it right?
Gotta let everyone know what I got, ya know.

Same as when I'm driving, shorts and t-shirt.

It's either the same t-shirt as before

1696698122661.jpeg

or this one

PXL_20220916_191718511.MP.jpg

Coming home from the Victory Cup I wore this on the plane and one of the hosties said she loved it and was very appropriate.

Usually just jeans and a T-shirt for me unless it’s work and I’m going straight to a meeting

Always:
Blue jeans because they take up slot of space. No belt.
One of those Columbia sport long sleeve sun shirts over a t shirt. No matter the temp. It’s really good at keeping clean-ish looking.
Comfort over fashion

Back