FootJoy HyperFlex Wrapid

Will finally get to wear mine out at the course tomorrow. Snow is melting and it will be in the 50s. Can't wait.

Will finally get to wear mine out at the course tomorrow. Snow is melting and it will be in the 50s. Can't wait.

Interested to see how they do in the conditions at the course today, Royal. I do believe they will be somewhat waterproof based on FJ's claims and 2 year warranty, but I am not sure I want to clean mud off the fabric. I have been leaning towards getting these to use in the summer, and saving my FJ Pro SL's for rainy and wet conditions.

Sounds like my soggy course will be open in the next week, these will get a true test in super soft conditions soon!

Interested to see how they do in the conditions at the course today, Royal. I do believe they will be somewhat waterproof based on FJ's claims and 2 year warranty, but I am not sure I want to clean mud off the fabric. I have been leaning towards getting these to use in the summer, and saving my FJ Pro SL's for rainy and wet conditions.
Walked 18 in them today and they were great. The course was a little wet and mushy in a lot of areas but had no issues with my feet getting wet. Did get some mud on the top of one and it seems to come off pretty easy. My feet and legs are a little sure but I'm out of shape so that had nothing to do with the shoes. Def love the shoes.

For those of you that have the shoes, how high/low profile are the spikes?
I currently wear spikeless Pro SL and have really gotten used to the lower profile and had no traction issues (I was having issues with the cleats on my old FJ Contours). Looking for a fabric boa option or two for the warmer dryer weather and one with more room in the toe box for walking (almost always walk and my pro sl's leave me with blisters in the toe box by 18)
The spikes are slightly longer than the nubs attached to the sole. I have other shoes that have spikes which stick out further. I'd say they are low profile.

These are supper comfortable; solid base with cushion, and the upper is very flexible and light; like a thick sock. I will be wearing these for my driver fitting tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1528.jpg
    IMG_1528.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1530.jpg
    IMG_1530.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 25
Maiden round in with them this weekend, WOW, these are super comfortable, amazing traction, and no foot fatigue at all at the end. These are now my go to shoe for the season. I'll try to get some pictures as they wear, but I cannot recommend these more. And the BOA was awesome, I set them at the beginning of the round, tightened them slightly before we teed off on 1 and then didn't touch them the rest of the day.

Definitely agree. Super comfy and I do love the BOA system and the way these tighten up on the side instead of on top.

These finally arrived! Soo nice!

I've now worn my for about half a dozen rounds and they are super light and comfortable and the durabiliy has been great on them.

My only knock, and I'm sure this is the case on any FJ BOA shoes, wearing my pants yesterday the bottom kept getting caught on the knob. I would highly recommend these, I'm thinking about picking up a laced pair in some of the other great colors!

I try BOA shoes on and they either strangle my foot or don’t tighten enough. I also wasn’t a fan of the dial snagging my pants hem. Oh well old fashioned lace up FJ Fury work well!

I wore my pair again on Saturday. Lots of sand on the fairways and greens after aeration. The fabric is not the easiest to keep clean, but some soap and water seems to have worked. Anyone have issues with staining yet?

Last edited:
I ended up grabbing a pair of blue laced ones. Super comfortable upper on these.

I ended up grabbing a pair of blue laced ones. Super comfortable upper on these.
Wore them for 4 rounds in Vegas in 110 Temps and they were breathable too!

Wore them for 4 rounds in Vegas in 110 Temps and they were breathable too!
Agree with this... Super nice shoes very comfy, but watch out for hills... Easy to roll the ankle

Agree with this... Super nice shoes very comfy, but watch out for hills... Easy to roll the ankle
Real question here. Why do you say that? Less support on the sides?

Real question here. Why do you say that? Less support on the sides?
Yeah like there were so elevated greens and maybe it was @JB joke that someone was Rollin an ankle that make me cautious, but noted that I didn't feel comfortable going down the hill at an angle. Still haven't rolled ankle but who knows

Huge plus... They wash dirt and desert out really easily and look brand new.

Yeah like there were so elevated greens and maybe it was @JB joke that someone was Rollin an ankle that make me cautious, but noted that I didn't feel comfortable going down the hill at an angle. Still haven't rolled ankle but who knows

Huge plus... They wash dirt and desert out really easily and look brand new.
Did you just throw them in the washer? Mine are looking a little dirty.

Did you just throw them in the washer? Mine are looking a little dirty.
Took out the inserts and washer.. White foam sole was stained at Torrey thanks to some heavy duty fertilizer, but it's a memory I'll have

Took out the inserts and washer.. White foam sole was stained at Torrey thanks to some heavy duty fertilizer, but it's a memory I'll have
Did you just let them air dry?

I actually like the looks of them quite a bit.

I'm actually considering breaking my no-soft cloth style upper rule to buy these. Does the upper provide plenty of stability? I'm always concerned that the fabric upper will allow the foot to move too much from side to side compared to a semi-rigid synthetic upper. Any heavier guys in these (I'm 265 pounds)?

Back