Foresight GC3 and Bushnell Launch Pro

Fellas I knew that day 1, guess I should have shared that info.
david schwimmer middle finger GIF

It slightly helps, if you’re trying to figure out how far off you were on something. It’s interesting to hit a push draw with a slight in to out swing, and be told you pulled it.

I bump around too much at targets so it’s kinda hard for me to change targets and then have to recalibrate.
I’ve only used mine indoors—don’t know if that matters

I’ve only used mine indoors—don’t know if that matters
As long as it was aligned correctly the first time ;)

Also, @MWard I fully understand that thinking of "I hit a great draw there...nope straight pull 😞"

My favorite is hitting a straight shot and it showed pull-fade on the software. Never knew I had that one in me

I am buying a club/ball data BLP soon, like today. Are there any discounts out there at the moment? The Golfers Journal 20% off has expired apparently. The free year of gold subscription and GSpro is nice but I have stretched my budget way past max already.

I am buying a club/ball data BLP soon, like today. Are there any discounts out there at the moment? The Golfers Journal 20% off has expired apparently. The free year of gold subscription and GSpro is nice but I have stretched my budget way past max already.
Unless you want to buy a used one, highly unlikely to get additional discounts. Is a refurbished one a better deal at all or is the free year of gold and GS Pro a better value to buying new?

Unless you want to buy a used one, highly unlikely to get additional discounts. Is a refurbished one a better deal at all or is the free year of gold and GS Pro a better value to buying new?
The new one with the free year of gold/gspro is technically $2750 with the added value. A refurb through Bushnell is $3000 and does not come with any subscription package. New seems like the way to go.

So I've never hit trackman outside, but tend to think GC products would be better inside than trackman. I've also never hit on a GC4.

That being said, I experience what you are referring to more on my BLP than Trackman. Trackman, might spit out a weird number from time to time, but I'm almost aware of the type of deliveries and/or the types of mishits that I know are going to give me bad readings. In general, people don't change their path by 5-7 degrees from shot to shot unless they are trying to deliberately work the ball.

I'm wondering if you got the spin numbers w/ driver the same on the two. GC's have supposedly had trouble once you get the spin down near the 2k's. I personally saw it once in a lesson where I wasn't trusting my BLP and brought it to a lesson with an indoor trackman. i got readings at some times 1,500 rpm difference. (BLP reading 900 and trackman reading 2,400)
Ever find any fix on those low spin numbers? Just grabbed a BLP. Running mine in tandem with the Mevo plus through setup. Clubs seem accurate until driver. I can’t get my spin above 1,400 on the blp. Most in the 700-900 window. Mevo plus a more realistic 2,500 on those shots…

Ever find any fix on those low spin numbers? Just grabbed a BLP. Running mine in tandem with the Mevo plus through setup. Clubs seem accurate until driver. I can’t get my spin above 1,400 on the blp. Most in the 700-900 window. Mevo plus a more realistic 2,500 on those shots…
Do you have a very positive angle of attack with driver? That's very low spin. Do you have anything reflective near the hitting area or in the field of view of the BLP cameras? Running shoes with reflective paint anywhere can cause squirrelly numbers with camera units. Are the golf balls you're using newer or old and worn?

When I had both a Mevo+ and BLP, my spin numbers were generally only off a couple hundred RPMs at most.

I generally found the Mevo+ had more issues with environment than the BLP, but if the Mevo had environment issues, you'd see some wild numbers and/or ball flight visualizations.

I tend to trust the BLP more, but YMMV. Was the BLP used? If it was, was there any chance the unit was damaged at all? They're pretty solid, but who knows what can happen internally. Also what firmware are you running? Some of the versions released had issues (like all technology sometimes does).

Do you have a very positive angle of attack with driver? That's very low spin. Do you have anything reflective near the hitting area or in the field of view of the BLP cameras? Running shoes with reflective paint anywhere can cause squirrelly numbers with camera units. Are the golf balls you're using newer or old and worn?

When I had both a Mevo+ and BLP, my spin numbers were generally only off a couple hundred RPMs at most.

I generally found the Mevo+ had more issues with environment than the BLP, but if the Mevo had environment issues, you'd see some wild numbers and/or ball flight visualizations.

I tend to trust the BLP more, but YMMV. Was the BLP used? If it was, was there any chance the unit was damaged at all? They're pretty solid, but who knows what can happen internally. Also what firmware are you running? Some of the versions released had issues (like all technology sometimes does).
Neutral to slightly positive AoA. I’ve had the mevo for a year and a half or so. No real environmental issues. Nothing reflective and a few different balls… mostly new.

I’d definitely expect to trust the BLP more… but don’t buy those spin numbers one bit. It’s a brand new unit and firmware was updated when I set it up. Reached out to the company so we will see if they have any ideas!

Neutral to slightly positive AoA. I’ve had the mevo for a year and a half or so. No real environmental issues. Nothing reflective and a few different balls… mostly new.

I’d definitely expect to trust the BLP more… but don’t buy those spin numbers one bit. It’s a brand new unit and firmware was updated when I set it up. Reached out to the company so we will see if they have any ideas!

good that you reached out to the company, they'll get you squared away. i've run my blp in tandem with a trackman, and it was spot on.

good that you reached out to the company, they'll get you squared away. i've run my blp in tandem with a trackman, and it was spot on.
Yeah, I'd expect it to be pretty spot on. My Mevo + is no trackman but it always did a pretty good job. Everything was within a few yards and same shot shape up until driver. Will see what they come back with!

Back