Fort Myers area courses

Daluteh

Touring Purple - 2024 Bag Boy Championship
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I gave it a quick search but I didn’t find one, does anyone have any recommendations for the Fort Myers area?

I’m currently looking at palmetto pines and cape royal to play at. Both courses look far nicer than what we have up in the woods of Minnesota.

Secondly, any THPers in the region that way to get together for a round? I know @War Eagle said he was interested I don’t know who else lives locally. I’ll be down there from the 13th to the 22nd.

Fun, short, executive-style 18 hole course is Bonita Fairways, not fully Ft Myers but close enough. Played Panther Run recently out in Ave Maria which was nice. Other than that the rest of my knowledge is Naples way.

Have fun my man!

I gave it a quick search but I didn’t find one, does anyone have any recommendations for the Fort Myers area?

I’m currently looking at palmetto pines and cape royal to play at. Both courses look far nicer than what we have up in the woods of Minnesota.

Secondly, any THPers in the region that way to get together for a round? I know @War Eagle said he was interested I don’t know who else lives locally. I’ll be down there from the 13th to the 22nd.
From Ft Meyers to up this way there are SO many options, really just depends on price and what kind of course you are wanting to play.

From Ft Meyers to up this way there are SO many options, really just depends on price and what kind of course you are wanting to play.
This is key, price is a major factor. Loads of options but depends on the budget and a lot are private.

Ideally looking to stay around 100. That’s the problem I came up with is that there are so many courses. Who knows how good they are currently. Reality is that I could be happy with any of them most likely.

GolfNow is a good way to sort them out to that price range and distance from wherever you are

Fun, short, executive-style 18 hole course is Bonita Fairways, not fully Ft Myers but close enough. Played Panther Run recently out in Ave Maria which was nice. Other than that the rest of my knowledge is Naples way.

Have fun my man!
Another good one out there is The National. I played it a couple of times when it first opened.

San Carlos
Stoneybrook

You are close to one of my favorites, Old Corkscrew in Estero
I was just circling back to mention OC. Very fun course

The Coloradan, Ohioan, and Canadian giving Florida gold course recommendations is making me chuckle a little bit based upon the common talk by Floridians on here.

The Coloradan, Ohioan, and Canadian giving Florida gold course recommendations is making me chuckle a little bit based upon the common talk by Floridians on here.
I’ve noticed the lack of Floridians posting here, but maybe this is more of a tourist spot than a living spot.

If you are going to be close to Cape Coral across the river from Ft Myers go play Palmetto Pine CC fun course with a great outdoor bar.

If you are going to be close to Cape Coral across the river from Ft Myers go play Palmetto Pine CC fun course with a great outdoor bar.
That's the front runner right now, thanks for the recommendation.

Like others Old Corkscrew was awesome. Used to play when a friend still lived down there. Great prices after Easter but I know its pricy like all other down there in season.

Grew up there, lived there for a bit as an adult. Play the two Fort Myers public courses, Fort Myers Country Club and Eastwood. Both great tracks, totally opposite styles. Verandah is really nice, so is The Club at Pelican Preserve. Can't really recommend anything nice in the Cape unless they fixed some up.

I’ve noticed the lack of Floridians posting here, but maybe this is more of a tourist spot than a living spot.
Lots of private courses…
what has been mentioned is a very good list

I think I am the Southern most (active) THPer on the FL Gulf Coast? I know there are a few that are seasonal down that way, but not as active I dont think.

I think I am the Southern most (active) THPer on the FL Gulf Coast? I know there are a few that are seasonal down that way, but not as active I dont think.
I was just going to text you.

I’m available Saturday through Tuesday. Let’s make this happen.

Funny, was just there last week. We played Eastwood, Ft. Myers CC and Magnolia Landing. We enjoyed all of them, but I would rank them 1) Magnolia Landing, 2) Eastwood and 3) Ft. Myers CC. The two munis were right around $100 and Magnolia Landing was $129 in morning and like $114 in afternoon. I checked Old Corkscrew before we left on the trip, it was going to be well over $300 as I recall.

We originally intended to play Palmetto-Pine instead of Magnolia landing, but I made the reservations at midnight the week before for the other two first on Monday and Tuesday. When I tried to do the same for Palmetto-Pine on Wednesday, I found that there was no availability that day and when I called I found out that Wednesday is a very full member day. So I guess if you want to play there log on at midnight 7 days before but apparently don't try for Wednesday.

Experience? I spend two weeks there every October and play a different course pretty well every day. I would suspect the locals would limit themselves to one or two courses, given that the majority require membership in-season.

Pro tip: if you're ever looking for courses to play in Canada, I'm probably not your guy :LOL:

Experience? I spend two weeks there every October and play a different course pretty well every day. I would suspect the locals would limit themselves to one or two courses, given that the majority require membership in-season.

Pro tip: if you're ever looking for courses to play in Canada, I'm probably not your guy :LOL:
Oh, not questioning all your knowledge at all, just thought it was funny with how much some of the Florida member complain about northerners being down there, especially Ohioan.

Oh, not questioning all your knowledge at all, just thought it was funny with how much some of the Florida member complain about northerners being down there, especially Ohioan.
No offense taken, nor do I claim to be knowledgeable. The locals love to complain about non-locals, yet most every sports bar I visit is run by either a New Yorker or an Ohioan.

Back