Guess I'm just coming around to this reality, but TXG "reviews" are mostly useless......

It's like watching a Mark Crossfield driver review video.... Everything carries 265.... that's all..... move along.

TXG managed to buildup a cool factor, but the substance is lacking in their "review" videos. They need to do more comparison videos for point of reference.

Would be mayyybe interesting if they do a graphite iron shaft comparison video.
Seconded. Their 'initial' ones at least, have taken a step back. They've seemed way more cautious about and with new products this last.. 6 months or so? So their reviews have turned into more just information. Appeasement.

To a degree. I do think there was some good information in there like I listed above. Gives people an idea what to expect. I'd love to see them do another heavy graphite comparison vid though.

Interesting that Ian kind of jumped on the first couple. I mentioned that it was easy to swing fast. Didn't feel heavy, and could hit for miles. I think my final quote was if my life depended on hitting a 250y 7i, this is what I'd use. But I could still middle it well and hit controlled shots.

And then he slowed himself down and it went about how it goes for him. Anyone else put these in play?

Oh and Mikey mentioned not having to use tip weights. I loved that. Mentioned that. Kind of the opposite with my Steelfibers and it's a bit annoying.

Interesting that Ian kind of jumped on the first couple. I mentioned that it was easy to swing fast. Didn't feel heavy, and could hit for miles. I think my final quote was if my life depended on hitting a 250y 7i, this is what I'd use. But I could still middle it well and hit controlled shots.

And then he slowed himself down and it went about how it goes for him. Anyone else put these in play?

Just saw this, and was getting ready to share it as well lol.

Just read through the whole thread. Originally mentioned that I wanted them after I saw a Callaway fitter put them in his Apex irons. Price still scares the hell out of me. Probably won't go this route but, interested regardless

These sounds so good! would love to try these out
Me too, I have LA S-series and really hope I’m able to put a graphite shaft into the irons in December. I don’t ever want to go back to steel.

Me too, I have LA S-series and really hope I’m able to put a graphite shaft into the irons in December. I don’t ever want to go back to steel.
That video got me really hoping these are an option come December the way Ian described them and liked them! I love the graphite I have in my utility

I love the feel of the Axioms. Was very impressed with all the numbers. I think these will be very popular for the people that get a chance to try them. For me, I ended up just being more consistent and efficient with the Accra TZI 115 shafts.

I'm interested in trying these for sure, but haven't put a swing on them yet! I am still playing steel in my irons, but I feel the end is coming with that :oops:

Just picked up my new gen 6 p irons with Reg 75 Gram Axiom shafts

Had a quick 9 after work in very windy conditions
I must say i love the feel of the shafts i could feel them load but not whippy at all

Was getting great contact and ball flight was a powerful mid/high draw loved it
I got a 5 iron because i got the irons as a package deal was unsure about the 5 as i have never been able to hit one with any consistency
Never had above a 6 in the bag for many years

The hybrid is now losing its place in the bag and the 5 is going in i did not hit 1 bad shot with it amazing
It was easier to flight than my 5 hybrid....

At the top of the backswing i just felt that i could unload on the ball and still make great contact
Expensive addition to my bag but worth every cent to me for sure

For reference i am mid 50,s 6 iron swing speed of 80mph and 13 handicap

Buddy of mine just ordered these in his new set of Srixons and they for sure have helped his launch and carry/total distance. Look super cool in person as well.

I'm intrigued by these shafts and what I have been reading. Currently have the PX LZ 6.0 and love them....but I'm equipment tinker and love trying new things. I did game the KBS TGI shafts for a while but just wasnt right and went back to steel.

Has anyone swapped or played both the Axioms and the PX LZ's? if so what was your impressions?

cheers!

I'm intrigued by these shafts and what I have been reading. Currently have the PX LZ 6.0 and love them....but I'm equipment tinker and love trying new things. I did game the KBS TGI shafts for a while but just wasnt right and went back to steel.

Has anyone swapped or played both the Axioms and the PX LZ's? if so what was your impressions?

cheers!
I hit an iron with the Axioms (from True Temper 95s) and I loved them. Absolutely wonderful shaft - I hit the 75s

So sad that I can't get these in the Apex Pros next season. Was very much looking forward to them. Damn parallel tips lol

So sad that I can't get these in the Apex Pros next season. Was very much looking forward to them. Damn parallel tips lol
I have read that a club builder can carefully shave down the tips to fit into .335 heads. I have even seen for sale shafts already shaved down. Either way they are not cheap but boy, reviews are good.

Bore 'em.

Bore 'em.
I'm not a club builder and wouldn't trust myself to do that. I also have noone around here I would trust to do that. I'll just wait patiently for a tapered tip at some point. Sad face

I'm not a club builder and wouldn't trust myself to do that. I also have noone around here I would trust to do that. I'll just wait patiently for a tapered tip at some point. Sad face
I wouldn't wait for that. Seriously. It's not that bad. Any decent club builder that doesn't work for a big chain should be able to do it no problem.

You can trim the tip to fit..

You can trim the tip to fit..
That sounds like another thing I don't trust myself to do or trust anyone around here to do 😅

I'll figure it out at some point. I'm just a complainer right now lol

That sounds like another thing I don't trust myself to do or trust anyone around here to do 😅

I'll figure it out at some point. I'm just a complainer right now lol
could also ream the hosel.

Back