Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
If you have been following Tour golf for the past two years, then you have undoubtedly seen Fujikura’s Ventus and Ventus TR shafts front and center any time you turn the television on to watch. That success is centered around their VeloCore design which is the key to the real Ventus shafts out there, and it has continued to rack up the accolades and the wins.

However, we aren’t here for Ventus wood shafts, we’re here for AXIOM, and that means iron shafts.

Continue reading...

Good lookin shafts

Those look fantastic and having Velocore in them is pretty awesome. The 3 parallel thing is intriguing

I’ll be curious how much marketing effort goes into this, from a business standpoint. They’ve done incredibly well with their driver shafts recently, but the iron chefs have eluded them a bit with a few others dominating the segment with really high-quality items.

• Staff
I want to hit the 125’s.

Definitely an interesting release. Pretty cool to see them push Velocore in there. I like the talk of the different optimizations based on the intended installed head. I'd be looking at that 105 range for myself.

Ohhhh these are really intriguing.

1- Vent'ish storyline was that VeloCore was a bit too much for most golfers, so really keeping it out of some stock was a positive for them - So how does that apply to irons and will these be viable for a big percentage of the golfers out there?

2- How much of a difference will each of the weights play on flight characteristics? I am SUPER intrigued by the 105 weighting

3- Graphite iron shafts are fun

These sound amazing, but, if I am spending $125 per club on an iron shaft I want to take it to my next set of irons. Let’s get some iron adapters.

Those are great looking. Great job, @Jman.

I loved the MCI’s and still wish I had them. Idk though - that price. Oof.

want to try these. The weight seems perfect. priced 1 dollar per gram of weight is an interesting move.

Ohh those 75g look enticing.

so these are parallel tipped shafts?

Will be interesting to see how popular these are amongst the 130 gram crowd as well as how they proportionally sell in the weight categories versus each other.

Wish they would have an option between 75-105 grams. Interesting that the heavier you go the more it costs per shaft.

They look sharp.... price seems up there but things head that way so I get it.

OK R flex at 75g sounds pretty good to me. I prefer graphite but I also like a heavier shaft so these sound like they'd work OK for me.

The price scares me lol

I'm loving my Ventus blue TR shaft, sure makes me want to give these a shot. Pricey though for sure.

Love my Ventus blue 3 wood shaft. Might invest in a driver shaft. Not sure I’m ready to jump into the iron shafts. Think there are a lot of great graphite iron shafts out there more reasonably priced.

I will admit the price is a bit of a bummer on these. $120/shaft is a bit to swallow on trial.

The 3 parallel system sounds like it would be great for my iron game

These are really sharp looking.

Great article James! Velocore in an iron shaft is a win!

Seems odd that these are ventus shafts but they are not called ventus shafts.

very intrigued by these. would love to compare them vs the LA L-series which has been the best iron shaft ive personally played

Hardest thing so far ive noticed with the LA's is trying to dial in swing weight. Without added weight my Fourteen's came in at C6-7. Lots of powder and tip weights in there now to get them just to D2

Back