Fujikura Ventus TR

Bought the black for driver and red for 300 mini this morning. Should have them by Thursday to test out before my round saturday. Im honestly more intrigued with the red
I'll be following along as the RED has my interest (y)

Wanted to share this before I forgot. So I hit the the TR Black the other day against my tipped OG black, and for being as sensitive to things as I generally am, I really could tell much of a difference. And the numbers definitely couldn't tell a difference. Like, at all. It was surprising. I kept looking for something, and there just wasn't. I thought I could tell a difference at first in the feel of them, but 8 don't know if my firmer grip offset that with its squishier velvet or what, because when swinging them it rolled have been tough in a blind test if they had the same grips and still felt that much the same. So I don't think I have any real need for the TR? Which I suppose is.. I don't know. Cheaper I guess. 🤷‍♂️ lol

Well I finally hit the ventus TR Red today, and boy am i smitten
Please share!!!!…….
Driver or fairway, how did it go

It’s so good. I have it in my STZ-220 and love it

Please share!!!!…….
Driver or fairway, how did it go

driver only, messing around with GCQuad and trackman.

I love the feel, and how smooth it fits my transition, and I have no issues going after it, and importantly, I’m able to feel the face and get my draw back!
The profile just suits me so well after a mini-fitting session.
7B5095A7-5BB5-47D0-BFF2-2F885274E61E.jpeg
A4A3D3F1-B1CD-4255-B0C8-0E6392492779.jpeg

driver only, messing around with GCQuad and trackman.

I love the feel, and how smooth it fits my transition, and I have no issues going after it, and importantly, I’m able to feel the face and get my draw back!
The profile just suits me so well after a mini-fitting session.
View attachment 9144366
View attachment 9144367
How does it compare to regular Red for you?

How does it compare to regular Red for you?

Definitely feel it in the hands more. A bit firmer. I play a regular ventus red in my 21* UW because I want that mid-high launch window. With the TR, it lowers to more of a mid launch, and my spin goes down as well.
I was definitely finding center of face more often.
Overall, I tend to be a higher launch player in driver to begin with. High +AoA and mishits hurts me, so I normally play at 9* head turned down to 8*, I might try this one with a strong cog, get it down to 7* and see how that feels. But at 8* right now, I'm getting my desired launch/spin with a better, more stout feel (to me, when compared against the regular Ventus Red, in driver)

Definitely feel it in the hands more. A bit firmer. I play a regular ventus red in my 21* UW because I want that mid-high launch window. With the TR, it lowers to more of a mid launch, and my spin goes down as well.
Overall, I tend to be a higher launch player in driver to begin with. High +AoA and mishits hurts me, so I normally play at 9* head turned down to 8*, I might try this one with a strong cog, get it down to 7* and see how that feels. But at 8* right now, I'm getting my desired launch/spin with a better, more stout feel (to me, when compared against the regular Ventus Red, in driver)
This is awesome feedback. Thank you!

I got fit into the black TR for driver fairway and U’dub

6, 7, 8x

One other question @xThor - Why do you think you were finding center more? More aware of club face with firmer handle or what do you think?

One other question @xThor - Why do you think you were finding center more? More aware of club face with firmer handle or what do you think?

I think that certainly plays a part. I can "feel" where the club is in my backswing, so I can be more consistent coming down from the inside. I have a pretty aggressive transition, and a shorter backswing so the stiffer handle allows me to get through there with a consistent feeling and timing.
Contrast that to the TR Blue, where the tip felt stiffer, and I felt like I had to throw myself more into the swing to get it to release, and more often than not came outside-in, which led to inconsistent strikes.

Officially switched from Ventus Black to Ventus TR in driver and it’s a clear winner in the feel department. Performance is a kick longer.

One other point that was noticeable, @Scrap22, was the feel of the backswing right at the beginning. The balance of the red with the same driver head was much more comfortable from address to starting the backswing. I know subconcious feelings were in play, but it felt lighter and that it would have more pop with less effort.

One other point that was noticeable, @Scrap22, was the feel of the backswing right at the beginning. The balance of the red with the same driver head was much more comfortable from address to starting the backswing. I know subconcious feelings were in play, but it felt lighter and that it would have more pop with less effort.
That's is cool. Crazy how that can be. Can't wait to follow how this goes for you.

Well I finally hit the ventus TR Red today, and boy am i smitten
The red is getting a lot of love on youtube. looks like theyve made another great shaft that covers a good spread of players

Last edited:
Back