Full Club Customization Project - May The Force Be With Me - Fanatics Help Needed

chadjordan7

Reaction score
Handicap
2.5 GHIN
Went ahead and ordered myself a set of the Boyd Blade & Ferrule "Space Fight '77" ferrules with the star wars theme!
I also own a set of small and large stamps and a paint fill kit, so I am diving in headfirst on this one!

Looking for some help/suggestions on how to setup my ferrules thru the set and what I should stamp on each one.

AP2 3 & 4, CB 5 & 6, MB 7-9, Vokey 46,50,54

So the Characters are (left to right): Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Greedo, X-Wing Luke Skywalker, Hoth Han Solo, R2-D2, C3-P0, Chewbacca, and last but obviously GOAT, Yoda.

Want to come up with a good short quote for each one to stamp & fill and will be posting updates as the project comes along. Was thinking about doing some groupings of AP2 bounty hunters and CB Han and Chewy or vice versa. (I'm a huge dork, but you can't tell me these won't be sick if you're a star wars guy)

Some early Frontrunners: Who's Scruffy Lookin (HS), These aren't the droids ur looking fore(ST), move along(ST), patience(DV/Yoda), impressive(DV)

I'm 23 and feel like I'm ordering the ultimate Star Wars Lego set for golfers lol.

IMG_20190327_084810_428_1050x1050.jpg
" style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: -webkit-standard;">

Last edited:
Went ahead and ordered myself a set of the Boyd Blade & Ferrule "Space Fight '77" ferrules with the star wars theme!
I also own a set of small and large stamps and a paint fill kit, so I am diving in headfirst on this one!

Looking for some help/suggestions on how to setup my ferrules thru the set and what I should stamp on each one.

AP2 3 & 4, CB 5 & 6, MB 7-9, Vokey 46,50,54

So the Characters are (left to right): Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Greedo, X-Wing Luke Skywalker, Hoth Han Solo, R2-D2, C3-P0, Chewbacca, and last but obviously GOAT, Yoda.

Want to come up with a good short quote for each one to stamp & fill and will be posting updates as the project comes along. Was thinking about doing some groupings of AP2 bounty hunters and CB Han and Chewy or vice versa. (I'm a huge dork, but you can't tell me these won't be sick if you're a star wars guy)

Some early Frontrunners: Who's Scruffy Lookin (HS), These aren't the droids ur looking fore(ST), move along(ST), patience(DV/Yoda), impressive(DV)

I'm 23 and feel like I'm ordering the ultimate Star Wars Lego set for golfers lol.

IMG_20190327_084810_428_1050x1050.jpg
" style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: -webkit-standard;">

Looking forward to seeing how it comes out.

"Now I am the master" for Vader.
"Thats the idea" for Greedo
"Ggggrrrrrrraa" Chewy
"Thank the maker" 3PO

How about "Its a Trap!" for a wedge.

Loving the creativity here... are the ferrules in order of clubs as well? Is Darth Vader your 3 Iron?

C3PO has to go on the 3 iron right?

And if you do that, you might as well go all droid on the AP2's, since they're the clubs with the most tech anyway.

Then I'd go Han and Chewy for the 5&6, because as smugglers they're looking for as much forgiveness as they can get.

7 - Stormtrooper
8 - Greedo
9 - Bobba Fett

With these clubs, you're going (pin) hunting. But if you get too aggressive with the 7 iron, you'll probably be as accurate a shot as a stormtrooper.

That leaves Luke, Yoda and Darth for the wedges. I'd probably put them in that order, because you're going to use your most lofted wedge when you're short (dark) sided.

Looks like a cool project. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like when it's finished!

Wedges with green (Yoda) for scoring clubs = $$ ... with "Wedge game You have" stamped

MB 7 - 9 with white/blue/red (R2D2) .... with "WhaaOhhhh" (sorry can't articulate the sound he makes when he goes flying)

CB 5 & 6 with Orange (X-wing Luke) .... with "May the Fource Be With You"

3 & 4 AP2 with Black (Vader) .... with "Impressive"

Cool project, I like some of those ferrules a lot.

I like custom ferrules and those are noice, looking forward to the finished product

X-wing Skywalker needs to be on a wedge and stamped with "stay on target"

So My original thought was to go droids in the wedges since they're limited in range and with my swing thought inside of 100 being to swing with my arms and not my body, almost robotically.

Was leaning towards Han & Chewy in the AP2's because of the same forgiveness in a small package/smuggling idea, and then bounty hunters in 5 & 6 because they're clubs I'm confident will usually turn up in the right place at the wrong time for whoever I'm playing against, much like those in the films.

Still debating on the order of the others, but leaning towards Yoda in the 46* because I'd like master a lot of different shots with that club from the 80-140 range.

@jdtox love stay on target for luke, was thinking I'm here to rescue you, or There is still good in him/I've felt it but this will throw an interesting possibility into the mix.

@wluker17 love all of these

@blakehall totally didn't even think about tech but we're definitely on the same page with Han and Chewy/smuggling lol. You're throwing some great suggestions/reasoning out here that's really making me think twice, but as a member of #SkolNation, I'm not sure if I can take a Cheesehead's advice...........

Chewbacca - aaaarrrrgggwwwhhh
Han - "who's scruffy lookin?" or "never tell me the odds"
Boba Fett - as you wish
Greedo - oonta goota, Solo? or that's the idea
Vader - still very much up for debate, Impressive, what is thy bidding my master, your lack of faith is disturbing
StormTrooper - Move along
Luke X-Wing - I'm here to rescue you or stay on target
Yoda - patience, you must have or feel the force, or do or do not there is no try
C3P0 - how rude! or we seem to be made to suffer
R2D2 - beep boop bop or waaaahhhhh!

I'm even a big Star Wars fan (loved the original trilogy growing up, haven't watched any others since either Episode I or II) but this project looks awesome. Really looking forward to following along as you put this set together.

This is awesome, can't wait to see how they turn out!

Back