FW Wood off the Deck

3 or 4, depends on the Par 5s.

How often do you hit your fairway wood off the deck during a round? On average.

3-4 times probably, most par 5's, and some long par 4's with no trouble around the green.

Wish I hit everything longer....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe once if that.

Typically once or twice a round but its not uncommon for them to stay in the bag. Generally only use them off good lies and usually wouldn't play them into a green if it meant carrying a bunker.

Once maybe.

On average, about 7 times. I'm not long off the tee so I hit it on the par 5's and long par 4's. I've been trying to play smarter lately and just hit a 5 iron for my 2nd shot and then 7 iron onto the green. I have been hitting my FW off the deck pretty consistently though so I don't mind using it.

I used to hit a lot of FWs. I had both a 4w and a 7w (even carried up to an 11 wood at one point) and routinely used them on many shots off the deck a round as well as tee clubs on about 1/2 the holes.

I found a hybrid line that clicked with me and started hitting those. The dispersion was tighter and my scores dropped. I have been weaning off of FWs steadily. The last few rounds I've played, I've not even carried a FW.

I have to say that I hit a lot more "impressive" shots with my FWs, but they also led to me taking too much risk. I've finally gotten it through my thick skull that it doesn't matter how it looks, or how one gets there, it is the number on the card that matters.

6-7 times per round. I don't carry hybrids and 3 fairway woods (4, 7, 9).

at least 2 - 3 times

Seldom. Most in a round off the deck is one time.

I hit my fairway woods about 4 times per round. Sometimes less on short courses and sometimes more on days that I can't get off the tee well. I carry a 3w and 7w...no hybrids.

on average......3; second shot on par 5s

Usually 3 or 4 times, from the fairway.
Sometimes more, if I hit a bad tee shot with my driver, and I'm trying to make it up.

I always use a fairway wood off the tee on long par 4's

3 times max but probably average 2 times a round.

None now .... I already replace all fw woods with hybrids.

In the past, two times only : Par 3 180 meter and Par 3 160 meter.

I seldom use fw woods without tee.

I only now carry a heavenwood. 3 or 4 times maybe. When I carried a 3 wood, hardly ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually twice per round

Two or three times at most.

Usually twice a round.

I carry a 3W and a 3H, but I don't pull them out much - I just don't have much trust in them. But, I will hit my driver off the deck in a heartbeat, and trust isn't a strong enough word - I KNOW I will hit it straight, maybe only 220 or so off the deck, but always straight.

Only 220 and straight every time? That's awesome.

OP: Zero. I don't even carry them anymore. I put in an extra wedge 60* and a mini-driver that I have never even tried to hit off the deck. I use a 23* hybrid instead. When I swing right I'm consistent with the hybrid for 205 - 215 and that seems to be all I need for now.

On the first 18 at my home course, it is very rare for me to hit them off the fairway
On the second 18 I would say 1-2 times depending on the wind direction

My fairway woods (RBZ 3W at 15* and RBZ 5W at 19*) are predominantly tee options depending on the length of the hole and what hazards are in play from the tee and I find the clubs I have in my bag seem to work well for me - still haven't tried hybrids or utility irons as alternatives for those spots in my bag yet

i reckon 4 times of the deck at the home course and usually a FW 6 times off the tee, have a 3 wood, a heavenwood and a 9 wood. SOmetimes swap out the heavenwood for a 5 wood or drop the heaven wood for the 3 wood depending on course. We have one par 5 at home course where it canbe a 3 wood or heaven wood off tee, a 9 wood to corner bunkers and 9 wood to the green.

3-4 times most rounds.

I'd say around 6 to 7 times on long courses. It's my favorite club next to driver.

3-5 times during a round.

Back