Fyre Lake National Review - Sherrard IL

#10 will be perfect for that.

Good course for that hybrid of yours. Not so much with the driver off the deck :D

What? Me and Jacob are going to be using my new cobra driver and bombing them. So driver has to work on this course.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Oh there are plenty of driver holes. Jacob just has a special shot he likes to pull out of his bag whenever he is 240+ out.

What? Me and Jacob are going to be using my new cobra driver and bombing them. So driver has to work on this course.

Don't worry, I won't hit your new driver off the deck more than once. Ha.

Don't worry, I won't hit your new driver off the deck more than once. Ha.

Ha Idc you can use it more if you like it.

Just played here and nearly set a new record for lost balls (last round I had played I never lost a ball), my driver was not working at all off the tee, if you can keep it in play this is my favorite local course. While talking to the starter he mentioned they just divorced themselves from a management company, and to look for better conditions and lower rates next year. He said they just ordered fertilizers for the first time which will be put on soon. Course was really soaked when we played (I think they are trying to keep grass growing given our drought conditions, if you want your ball to run out (my son plugged several of his drives) play later in the day. Greens are tough if above the hole on wrong level but otherwise not bad.

your not helping man, I'm starting to shake my feet in my boots from hearing that. By the pictures I am terrified. and like you said Ill bring plenty of balls with me for those misses. lol
Just played here and nearly set a new record for lost balls (last round I had played I never lost a ball), my driver was not working at all off the tee, if you can keep it in play this is my favorite local course. While talking to the starter he mentioned they just divorced themselves from a management company, and to look for better conditions and lower rates next year. He said they just ordered fertilizers for the first time which will be put on soon. Course was really soaked when we played (I think they are trying to keep grass growing given our drought conditions, if you want your ball to run out (my son plugged several of his drives) play later in the day. Greens are tough if above the hole on wrong level but otherwise not bad.

What's the price for this place now? $29,$39,$49¿ I am planning on playing it Saturday but can't figure out what they are charging.

What's the price for this place now? $29,$39,$49¿ I am planning on playing it Saturday but can't figure out what they are charging.

Were gonna be there Sunday. And hawk said $49

My original plan was to play it Sunday am but I thought it was going to rain.

I don't wanna hear that R word.

Oh yikes. It doesn't look good. I'm fine if it's not a downpour.

Terry swails posted a pic on his Facebook and made it sound like it would be significant. I would post the pic, but I'm on my phone .

Dangit. Figures.

If its pouring, I'm out.

Yea I'm not playing in a downpour either. Or lightning I guess.

Yea I'm not playing in a downpour either. Or lightning I guess.

Common guys its gonna be Sunny and 75.:D

I will play in normal rain, so hopefully it's not too severe.

I will play in normal rain, so hopefully it's not too severe.

I hope not either

Is it sunday yet? Im ready to play this course already lol

Me and a buddy will be playing there tomorrow (Saturday). Looks like a visually intimidating course. Neither he or I have ever played it. He's coming off of a 2 under 70 at Piper Glen in Springfield (blue tees), where I shot (basically) 100. We have the 11:15 tee time. 2 spots left if anybody wants to get in a practice round before your Sunday game. $38 on GolfNow.

shoot which i would have know that brad I would go play with you. I got a motorcycle veteran benefit tomorrow in canton. Let me know when you wanna play man im always up for a game. I live in groveland between pekin and morton so i got a golf pass in pekin at lick and parkview.
Me and a buddy will be playing there tomorrow (Saturday). Looks like a visually intimidating course. Neither he or I have ever played it. He's coming off of a 2 under 70 at Piper Glen in Springfield (blue tees), where I shot (basically) 100. We have the 11:15 tee time. 2 spots left if anybody wants to get in a practice round before your Sunday game. $38 on GolfNow.

shoot which i would have know that brad I would go play with you. I got a motorcycle veteran benefit tomorrow in canton. Let me know when you wanna play man im always up for a game. I live in groveland between pekin and morton so i got a golf pass in pekin at lick and parkview.

I didn't know I was playing it til Friday evening myself. My buddy actually suggested it so I jumped on here to see if anybody knew anything about the place. After seeing the great pics it looks like it would be worth the trip. I'd be up for playing Lick Creek sometime. I sent you a PM. Looks like a great day for a ride Sat. Enjoy.

Brad I may meet you there. PM me your phone number and I'll text you later this morning.

Brad I may meet you there. PM me your phone number and I'll text you later this morning.

That would be great. PM sent.

Back