This is a pretty interesting device. High priced for sure, but definitely feature rich.

I have the s60, and really enjoyed the watch origin gps , this new tech , will certainly have my eyes looking at it .

A whole lot for a whole lot. Looks cool but a lot of features I’d likely never use.

• Staff
This is a pretty interesting device. High priced for sure, but definitely feature rich.

It looks killer. As someone that doesn't have an Apple watch, I could see it being a handy tool. The price is up there though, especially considering the additional outlay for sensors and green maps.

That's a lot of $$ for a watch, golf or otherwise. While I'm ok spending that for something if I'd use everything, this has too much extra I won't use.

Also want to point out, the Voice Caddie T9 has most of the golf features (without the subscription 😉). The maps and screen on this watch are better than the Voice Caddie for sure, but it's roughly double the price

Great looking watch, but at that price I couldn't see myself putting that on instead of my Apple Watch on the course.

The cost of the watch, plus a subscription, plus a pretty big added cost for the sensors, my rather poor experience with the Garmin Golf app make this a tough one to justify. I'd love to see how this performs in THPers hands. But for now

Thanks for another excellent write up @Hawk . Is there a break down of golf features that are available on S70 that weren't on S62? I'm assuming the S62 can be had cheaper with S70s release. Only difference I read is the option to choose a big or small display.

I’ve been wondering where the evolution of the golf watch was heading. They already do everything you could want in a golf watch, what new features could there be? This answers some of those questions. Adding non-golf features, more subscriptions, and higher prices wasn’t where I was hoping things were going.

Thanks for another excellent write up @Hawk . Is there a break down of golf features that are available on S70 that weren't on S62? I'm assuming the S62 can be had cheaper with S70s release. Only difference I read is the option to choose a big or small display.

I actually did some research on the S62 when putting this together. To me, it looks pretty similar in terms of feature set at a glance, but there are a decent number on non-golf additions (new fitness/health tracking capabilities) Also, the whole UI seems to be refined. The new maps look really good to me. The display is improved - now AMOLED. Battery life is pretty close. Still 20 hours in GPS mode, and 14 days for the S62 and 16 for the S70 in smartwatch mode.

I have a Garmin Epix 2 that I use for golf and other activities. The AMOLED display is worth it out in the sun. You can see it very clearly. I would love to compare mine to a golf dedicated Garmin. I paid for the golf membership with the Epix 2 and it still didn’t give me all the wind data and other information to give true yardage. I think this would be a great watch especially for those that still need fitness functions.

As someone who just purchased an Epix 2 watch, because I didn't want another S62....I feel like i've made a terrible mistake. LOL

Love the looks of the grey/volt color.

Although I appreciate all that this watch has to offer, it is way more than I would need or use. I'm a Garmin Approach S 10 user.

I have had the S62 for several years. Not sure any of the new features are worth the upgrade.

Last edited:
I had had the S62 for several years. Not sure any of the new features are worth the upgrade.
If you like fitness features it’s very compelling. Otherwise you’re correct.

If you like fitness features it’s very compelling. Otherwise you’re correct.
The S62 has the fitness features, heart rate, pulse ox, energy, sleep monitor.

Nice write up! A bit pricey, but good looking watch.

Nice. As an ex triathlete I haven't been able to shake the Fenix. As far as I know the Fenix series does everything the golf watches do plus you can have smaller watch face which I like. Some of these are just too big (for me).

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

... Last post... As I read the full review and see the smaller 42mm face I get watch envy. My Tri days are behind and this does have some extra functionality plus can swap the quick release silicone band for a nylon... Do not give in.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

$1000 for the watch and sensors. OMG.
It doesn't even take phone calls and the music has to be downloaded to the phone.

Apple Watch is still so much more versatile. I really wished Shotscope would’ve gone the AW path.

$1000 for the watch and sensors. OMG.
It doesn't even take phone calls and the music has to be downloaded to the phone.

Apple Watch is still so much more versatile. I really wished Shotscope would’ve gone the AW path.

For me the big downfall with the Apple Watch is the battery life. Garmin is another league with how long they last in comparison. Also, you have to download the music to your watch to listen without your phone.

Yea, there's no denying the price is high, especially if you are going to add sensors. Really would like to see the display in action though. It seems like its top notch.

Back