Garsen Golf Grips: A Brand Story

This was a great brand story. I always love hearing about the hiccups founders had to navigate to get their businesses going. I can only imagine the panic that set in when the solvent started dissolving the glue on the prototype as they were taking it out to give to clients for testing. I've never seen or tried a Garsen, but it sounds super interesting. I've seen them pop up on social media here and there, but had no clue they were getting so many wins.

Super interesting. I've never used their grips but from modeling to a pro on fisher island is a heck of a career leap.

What a great read! And what a story...

I've been looking at Garsen grips for awhile - admittedly because of Brooke and Conners. Maybe it's time to give one a shot. I think I'd go with the QUAD TOUR, Non-tapered.

Last edited:
Fantastic brand story to read! Well done

What a great read! And what a story...

I've been looking at Garsen grips for awhile - admittedly because of Brooke and Conners. Maybe it's time to give one a shot. I think I'd go with the QUAD TOUR, Non-tapered.
I have a feeling they are going to grow in their Canadian audience. The country loves to support their own golfers.

@xThor got me turned onto this grips last year and I've been fan. Currently have the quad pro tour in my Triple Wide, but thinking of trying the Ultimate. I have one on the way.

Also this was a great read! Had no idea of the backstory here.

Absolutely love my Quad Tour! Fits my claw style to a tee. (pun intended)

I have a feeling they are going to grow in their Canadian audience. The country loves to support their own golfers.
Absolutely! Especially because there are comparatively few Canadian golfers on the various tours.

Ok, I'm doing it. Going red too.

Glad everybody enjoyed this one. It was a ton of fun to research.

very cool and fascinating story. these grips are still on my list to try one of these days

What a fascinating story/journey for the brand! It’s so cool hearing how the first prototypes were made, which launched the whole thing. And as a fan of both, Conners and Finau both using is nice.

Man what a life! I have the Ultimate on my SeeMore MiniGiant. I really like it a lot.

Outstanding read! I tried the Edge grip several years ago and have pondered some of the current models. Looking forward to seeing the what is coming in the next few months.

Garsen QUAD TOUR, non-tapered in red headed my way. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this grip can help take the wrist and hand movements out of my putting stroke equation.

1683311917342.png

I’ve become a huge fan of the Garsen Max, have it one my main and first back up putter.

I've had the Garsen Max grip on my putter for three months and am a big fan of it. I putt with my elbows against my body, and the shape of the Garsen Max helps to naturally put my shoulders/arms/hands in that position. I was previously using a SuperStroke and the biggest adaptation was placing my thumbs on either side of the front "seam" rather than on the flat front "paddle" of a SuperStroke, but it actually feels pretty natural and the transition wasn't at all difficult. The way the thumbs kind of oppose each other on the Garsen feels more locked in and allows me to keep my putting stroke more stable.

Just put an Ultimate grip on my Seemore Nashville One SS yesterday and played 9 holes with it. Will definitely take a little getting used to...
I was between the Ultimate and Max grips and eventually chose the Ultimate. I didn't really like the sharp edges of the Quad Tour

Just put an Ultimate grip on my Seemore Nashville One SS yesterday and played 9 holes with it. Will definitely take a little getting used to...
I was between the Ultimate and Max grips and eventually chose the Ultimate. I didn't really like the sharp edges of the Quad Tour
Looking forward to thoughts as you continue using it. Its a unique grip and I am with you, it takes time to get used to it.

Looking forward to thoughts as you continue using it. Its a unique grip and I am with you, it takes time to get used to it.
After some practice sessions and a few rounds, I am starting to get the feel of it and really like this grip.
I switched up my grip style from interlock with finger down the side to reverse overlap with no finger down the side. This felt best for me with this grip.
I still have my thumbs on the top of the grip as I couldn't get a good feel for the thumbs on the side, but I have noticed my elbows are a little more tucked in than normal and feel more connected.
Let me my brother-in-law give a try on the practice green before our round today...questioned it when he first held it, rolled a few putts and then said he was surprised how well he liked it.

Overall I am pleased with the grip and plan on keeping it on for a little while.

Back