Garsen Golf Grips: A Brand Story

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
When you think of putter grips, there are brands that pop into your head, visions of products and even quite a bit of advertising. Yet some golfers have never really tried an alternative to what comes standard on their putter. While Garsen Golf Grips continues to grow both at the highest level, and in the minds of consumers, there are millions that still don’t know the name, but should.

In what might be the most fascinating backstory in a THP Brand Story to date, the history behind Garsen Golf Grips, and more importantly Bernerd Garsen, is straight out of a Hollywood script.

Continue reading...

I’ve seen a lot of advertisements about Garsen. Never seen one in person.
Some of the best reads in all of golf are the Brand Stories. The article had some twist I never thought would be mentioned. Modeling, Zoolander, JB Holmes…. I’ll have to re-read this to tie it all back together on no sleep.

Loved reading that. I love how small companies can make a mark. Garsen will always have a special place in my heart, and your story captures exactly how that all went down and how much the company has grown. Bernerd himself was just contacting writers and media outlets back when I did that first piece. No PR or marketing team. I was, and still am, a big believer in his products.

I enjoyed reading the story behind the product.

I absolutely enjoyed reading this brand story. I'm a firm believer in Garsen Golf Grips. I've given quite a few of them to my friends to help with their putting all have seen an improvement.

I've had a few email conversations with Bernerd and he's a genuine person. Couple that with this brand story, there's no way you'll take a Garsen Golf Grip off my putter, or my son's. They are just that good and I believe in the brand.....

BRAND STORY!!!

I really enjoyed the brand story. The fact that he went from model to grip creator means there's still a chance for me!

Great brand story as I’m not very familiar with Garsen…
It’s amazing how products come about and the journey on how they get there.

I have a Garsen Ultimate grip coming. Interested to see if the tech works or at least helps my putting. (y)

I sound like a broken record on these but I really enjoyed the article. My putting inside ten feet has been a bit loose the last few rounds so will go looking for these later this week I think.

I always enjoy the story of how a company came to be. Love how many are second career type things, (although that's not quite the right way to phrase it)

I always enjoy the story of how a company came to be. Love how many are second career type things, (although that's not quite the right way to phrase it)
I totally get it though. I feel the same way about most of these. It was always a passion but it was not the first thing that someone did. They took a winding path to get there and eventually it happened and all of a sudden it's a full fledged second career.

I really enjoyed the brand story. The fact that he went from model to grip creator means there's still a chance for me!

Great Brand Story!
I have never seen Garsen Grips in the "Wild" and only really seen them on Tour.
Have to try one next time I'm at the PGATSS.

What a cool back story. Honestly never even heard of Garsen before now.

This might be my favorite Brand Story yet! What a journey it has been. The question of timing is huge. Things weren’t easy before social media influencing. He could’ve taken the easy way out but didn’t. I appreciate that.

This might be my favorite Brand Story yet! What a journey it has been. The question of timing is huge. Things weren’t easy before social media influencing. He could’ve taken the easy way out but didn’t. I appreciate that.
Yeah it was a lot of fun to research and learn about.
Another interesting note that some might have found in the story. When we started to write it, they had 64 wins.
Then won and got to 65. It was in editing, and they hit 66, and then before publishing this week, got to 67.

Another interesting note that some might have found in the story. When we started to write it, they had 64 wins.
Then won and got to 65. It was in editing, and they hit 66, and then before publishing this week, got to 67.

I follow them on social media (Twitter). Bernerd, is very active on tour and gives some explanations as to why the putter grip was used for each person. Always great to see them get a W! While they may not be mainstream, they are outstanding grips and at tremendous value (average price), for what you get in return!

This is a fun backstory on the brand. I have never played a Garsen grip but going to give them a look soon. The tech makes sense and I want to see if it will work for me.

Was a great read and I appreciated it- when I first opened up and saw the pic with the J's and the high socks I wasn't quite sure what we were getting into.

I actually toyed around with a Garsen that was on a used putter in GG the last time I was in there. Was unique and felt really solid during my limited time with it. If I wasn't so enamored with my current grip I'd definitely think about throwing one of these on. The thought process behind it makes so much sense.

Thanks for this one!!

This is a fun backstory on the brand. I have never played a Garsen grip but going to give them a look soon. The tech makes sense and I want to see if it will work for me.

Yep. Leaving the edits in really showed how crazy good this latest run has been. Been in a Garsen wormhole all morning as a result.

Great write up on the Garsen brand story! After trying the Quad Tour in both the tapered and non-tapered versions, I have settled on the Ultimate. I like the rounder shape and size of the grip, which does a great job taking my hands out of the putting stroke. Not that it matters from a performance standpoint, but I bought the "Finau" branded version because I am a fan of the guy and wanted to support his foundation, which seems to do great work.

Interesting. Big putter day here. This grip gives me thought. May have to go see one in person.

I may need to grab an Edge again. I had a huge stash for awhile.

Back