Gary Woodland Signs with Cobra Golf

I will forever be a GW fan, so naturally I love that he’s not just a Puma guy anymore, but a Cobra guy.

Plus, Cobra will know how to use him, unlike Wilson.

Glad to see him make the move. Great guy and hopefully see him start playing a bit better.

Quote from Woodland

“I have built a great connection with the COBRA PUMA GOLF team,” said Woodland. “I couldn’t be happier to put their equipment into my bag. Their technology and innovation are outstanding and I’m particularly excited to put the new 2023 unreleased driver in play. It’s as long and fast as anything I’ve hit and looks great at address.”
That’s super cool! I can see this being very good to Cobra - it will be interesting to see what irons he puts in the bag

They've also got Lexi Thompson, but I think Cobra's attitude towards their pro staff has always been a little out of step with the big 3 (Titleist, TM, and Callaway) as far as tour presence in terms of size. For a long time, I believe it contributed to their ability to keep retail prices down because they just weren't putting the same amount of money into having a huge tour presence.

I agree with you but Rickie was a big name…not so anymore. Bryson was a big name…still is but to a lesser extent imo.

That being said really good signing of GW all things considered.

Good for woodland. Gave Wilson some exposure but fits well with cobra.

This is really cool. I'd seen some pics of him hitting the Aerojet and also seemed Wilson was shaking things up. He will be a great ambassador for the brand IMO. Also ties in perfectly with his Puma Volition endorsement.
Always wondered why he was with Puma and not Cobra. Good for Gary!!!

Love this singing for Cobra. Another nail in the coffin to W/S.

Nice signing for Cobra.

Wow! What a loss for Wilson, but I’m not surprised. Tremendous pickup by Cobra Puma Golf! They’re getting a former US Open winner and a really good dude. One gripe I had with CPG was I didn’t care much for anyone they had on staff, GW changes that!

love Gary woodland's golf game. Not sure I know a lot of his personality as he's more behind the scenes type of player. Glad he ditched the Wilson hat as he had very little Wilson product in his bag.

truth be told I always looked to his apparel for cool puma items as he always wears the volition and puma lines right?

Makes sense with Gary already being one of the faces of Puma. Not sure it’s a gamechanger with Gary at 38 years old and not qualifying for the Tour Championship since 2019. Hopefully this will help his game.

Big win/win for both Cobra and GW.

I really like Gary Woodland!

Good for him and CPG

Good for Gary and CPG. Always enjoyed watching him play.

I was just reading this a few minutes ago about Gary signing with Cobra and talking, or talking around, about the new releases for Cobra golf......This i am interested in reading when we get the new Cobra releases.....there has to be a good reason for a Player of his caliber to move to Cobra golf.

Last edited:
Good move for Gary and CPG.

Finally! Love to see it I think it’s a god signing for them.
I really like Woodland a lot and the Volition line. I would stop short of saying it is a God signing, but it is definitely a great addition to their staff.

I'll echo what everyone has said...definitely a great addition to CPG

Finally!! Great for both parties of which I am a big fan.

Nice get for Cobra. I've always liked Woodland.

Back