Gastric bypass surgery and my golf swing.

Parrothead

Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody on here have this surgery ?? I have found that since i've lost 130lbs my golf swing is totally differant. Not all bad. I can clear my hips really good now and aim my belt buckle to the target. I just cant seem to set up right because everything that use to work, doesn't now. Having problems with the driver but my irons are dead on. Thanks in advance.

Scott

Anybody on here have this surgery ?? I have found that since i've lost 130lbs my golf swing is totally differant. Not all bad. I can clear my hips really good now and aim my belt buckle to the target. I just cant seem to set up right because everything that use to work, doesn't now. Having problems with the driver but my irons are dead on. Thanks in advance.

Scott

Congrats on losing the weight. Sometimes I wish I could do this or lapband. I'm 270lbs 6'0". But pretty fat and happy.

Cheers.

Scott, awesome job on the weight loss! Your swing will come around for you just give it some time. KCM

Well done on the weight loss. I've lost 90 lbs since taking up golf so I can relate to your setup issues. I found that I had to stand slightly closer to the ball as I no longer had to make space for my belly, and I got a couple of lessons as well to help me modify my swing as my arms were too far away from my body as they were effectively still trying to get past body fat that was no longer there. :act-up:

Well done on the weight loss. I've lost 90 lbs since taking up golf so I can relate to your setup issues. I found that I had to stand slightly closer to the ball as I no longer had to make space for my belly, and I got a couple of lessons as well to help me modify my swing as my arms were too far away from my body as they were effectively still trying to get past body fat that was no longer there. :act-up:

Awesome !!!!!!! Good for you. I was up to 315 lbs and im 5'7". Ive had 2 heart attaacks and im only 46. Time to make some life style changes. I use to smoke 4 packs a day when i drove for Orkin and ive been quit now for 6 years. I know what you mean about the set up !!!! Alot of fat that is no longer there.

Scott

Great turn around with your health issues PH. Congrats
A few lesson's would be a nice treat to yourself to move your game forward.
You live in a great location for lots of Golf and white sand beaches.
Cheers

Gastric Sleeve

Gastric Sleeve

Scott

Nice job on the weight loss. I had the Gastric Sleeve back in June and have lost 135 pounds since then and want to lose another 45, started at 399 and want to be at 220. Only played about three rounds of gold in the last ten year and been to the range a handful of times but just kind of gave up as I was placing the ball about a foot behind me to hit it good lol.

I told myself I wanted to start playing again and would have to go through a complete change to play right and that is what I am doing. I want to get a video lesson so I can see just what the swing looks like, it will be with the instructor showing me from scratch about grip, ball alignment etc.

Good luck with everything.

evilstepdad

Congrats on your weight loss. I had the Verticle sleeve gastrectomy and have lost about 140-145 Lbs. I can't comment on the change in swing since I just started playing again now after an 11 year Hiatus.

It may take a little bit to refine your swing, but it will happen with some time and practice.

Scott

I lost 125lbs by calorie counting and I went from a 3.7 to about a 12... Everything changed and getting comfortable with the loss has been a struggle... Did get back but not at all as consistent tee to green! The putter has been a big issue!!! Can't lay it on my belly any more! :)

~Mike

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This is great to hear for all of you getting healthy. The game will come, good luck!

I just started the calorie counting, diet, exercise regiment recently. I went to the Dr. and she read me the riot act after I weighed in at 385 (I am 6'4)

I have always been big, but really ballooned up after my surgery in May of 2010. I was diagnosed with Stage 3 oral cancer on the mucous membranes on the roof of my mouth. Was probably the most brutal surgery I could imagine (they removed everything and rebuilt the roof using donor tissue). The worst part for me was I couldn't eat much for a few weeks and dropped 40+ lbs. The good news was the cancer was gone, the bad news was I gained every bit of the weight back and then some.

Now, it has been two years (may 8th) and I am still cancer free. I am down 15lbs in a month and intend to keep losing as I am changing my lifestyle as well as my bad habits. My goal is to be at 235 my next summer. And hopefully close to a 0.0 as possible. And I will get the Dr. off my substantial butt.

Congrats on being cancer free!! Thats whats important!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Back