Getting fit by one OEM who would you choose?

PizzaBear

Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
My swing and game are getting to a point where my coach said it will be worth while to think about getting fit, he said my best option is to get him to book me in with one of the manufacturers (says the club fitters around here are a bit of a rip off) at their performance centers

So if you were in my position, you don't have a feeling either way about any company which brand would you go with? Who has the best overall product line and generally gives the best fitting?

Thanks,
PB

I would talk to someone else and see if there is a good multi brand fitter.

If not, I would probably go Callaway, they have a very wide selection. But I don't think you can go wrong with most of the major manufacturers.

I would talk to someone else and see if there is a good multi brand fitter.

If not, I would probably go Callaway, they have a very wide selection. But I don't think you can go wrong with most of the major manufacturers.

There's a good one, but apparently they will try to push you into expensive shafts and have a bit of a mark up

This year I would look at Callaway first, but it's going to be budget dependent and also based on your likes/dislikes. Also, in your area there may be different options than in my neck of the woods.

Personally, I could game a full bag from the following with no issues:
Callaway
Titleist
Cobra
Srixon/Cleveland
W/S

my mind goes to callaway first. i think their products cover the biggest swath of players.

cobra would be a close second.

i'm embarrassed to say w/s didn't cross my mind, when they damn well should have. thanks to @obedt for mentioning them.

Callaway / Titleist in that order would be my preference.

If I'm paying for it I'm going Titleist. The sales rep and the demo day reps in this area are good and it's a brand I've been a long time fan of

I'm leaning towards callaway based on looks, I don't completely love the look of any of their clubs but I don't hate any either. Where as other companies have some I LOVE and some I hate

There's a good one, but apparently they will try to push you into expensive shafts and have a bit of a mark up

I was fit in a Callaway Performance Center and did not find this to be the case at all

I'm going to go with Cobra. Their line from top to bottom is strong, looks great, and there are all sorts of different options that I think I could be fit into and play well.

Srixon / Cleveland first. A close Second Callaway. Huge fan of both their lines.

Sent from my SM-G900W8

As of right now Callaway is the only brand I would go get fit for.

I was fit in a Callaway Performance Center and did not find this to be the case at all

I was talking about the multibrand fitter :)

Probably TaylorMade or Mizuno, both are exceptional at fitting and Mizuno pays close attention to the details.

Tough call for me.

Callaway is in the mix for all the reasons everybody else stated.

But Srixon / Cleveland has V Soles in the 565 or 765 irons, RTX3 wedges and the Huntington Beach putters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PB,
Is there any store where you get a chance to take a few swings? Maybe help narrow it down a little?

That is a tough decision. I guess I would lean towards a company who's clubs I gravitate towards anyway. I am looking forward to my Bridgestone fitting by the great Sam Fu next month and will certainly report back on how that experience is.

PB,
Is there any store where you get a chance to take a few swings? Maybe help narrow it down a little?

Yeah, coach is going to start letting me use some of the demo clubs at the course to try to help me decide a little more. :)

Cobra and Callaway would be my choices. They both offer a wide variety of quality choices. Can't go wrong with either choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, coach is going to start letting me use some of the demo clubs at the course to try to help me decide a little more. :)

Sounds like the best way to filter down your choices. Look forward to following along; really enjoy the fitting threads.

Sounds like the best way to filter down your choices. Look forward to following along; really enjoy the fitting threads.

So excited to move from my entry level nearly 10 year old clubs that are too short into brand new, nice, well fitted clubs. In my head it'll be a night and day experience

I could never play one brand but if you held my feet to the fire I'd choose Callaway only because I think they currently have what is maybe an unprecedented tech advantage with the Epic driver.

Last edited:
Easily Callaway for me since that's what dominates my bag.

Callaway, Cobra, W/S All make great gear and have a pretty solid lineup. But really I don't think you could go terribly wrong choosing any of the brands. Definitely would check out TEE if it was an option too.

If I had to choose just one OEM to get fit with, I'd go with Cobra at this point. However, if I was in this situation I would be looking for somewhere that can do multiple brands. I did my first fitting with just one OEM and looking back I kind of regret it/wish I had done more research. That said, all of the major OEMs have great lineups these days.

Back