dehdeh

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys,
I forgot to do the intro when I signed up a few weeks ago. I live in League City, Texas (suburb of Houston/Galveston), and have been playing golf for a long time. I work in the HR field. I hold a bachelors degree in political science, and a masters in human resources management. I am originally from Galveston, Texas which is a sandbar off of the Gulf of Mexico on the eastern portion of the Texas coast. I was introduced to the game at a young age by my father who had played collegiate golf. The game has been a wonderful outlet to get outside, spend some time with friends, and to throw away some income!

I play at a variety of courses in my area, public and private. I love taking a drive down to Lake Jackson, Texas (about an hour away) to play a spot called The Wilderness. Great course. Throughout my golfing "career" I have largely hovered in the neighborhood of a 6-9 handicap. I have struggled with putting and wedge play, but it is getting better. Progress - not perfection. I was lucky enough to attend the 2013 Masters when Adam Scott won. Unbelievable time.

I have truly appreciated the kindness and warmth I have found on these boards, and look forward to being around here for a while. Take care!

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here on THP.

Welcome aboard! Maybe I'll get a chance to play with you soon - we just moved to Midtown from Kingwood and I'm looking for new places to play. I'd definitely like to play Memorial since it was set up for the Houston Open.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP! Though your card looks like you previously signed up in 2015 lol :p

Yeah - I signed up in 2015, but never really participated. The whole pandemic thing has changed the amount of time that I have spent online - that is likely not a good thing!

Welcome to THP

Welcome aboard! Maybe I'll get a chance to play with you soon - we just moved to Midtown from Kingwood and I'm looking for new places to play. I'd definitely like to play Memorial since it was set up for the Houston Open.

That would be cool. My understanding is that Memorial has been truly difficult to get on since they revamped the course and hosted the tournament. I would definitely enjoy getting out there!

Welcome to THP

That would be cool. My understanding is that Memorial has been truly difficult to get on since they revamped the course and hosted the tournament. I would definitely enjoy getting out there!
I haven't tried, but that does not surprise me. My buddy is the greens superintendent out at Moody Gardens; I'll give him a shout when the Fall weather sets in (y)

Welcome back to THP!

Welcome to :thp:

Welcome!

I miss Galveston Muni :cool: but Moody Gardens ain't too shabby (its still mostly the old muni design)

Absolutely! Glad to see someone that knows the island!

Welcome to THP

Welcome!! Glad you joined us.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome aboard, and glad to see you diving in!

Back