Golf Ball Hunting

I never do that. I used to, a long time ago, but that's like admitting defeat before you even hit.

That is almost the exact words I was gonna use.

Don't do that, it's a psychological disaster. You're thinking about losing the ball before you even hit and then it goes and happens.

I never do that. I used to, a long time ago, but that's like admitting defeat before you even hit.

A wise man knows his weaknesses and trains to fix them... till fixed stay away from them!

Couldn't decide to start a new thread somewhere, post in the banter thread, or revive this one. It's really not banter, so I'm posting here.

My brother and I went out finding balls for the first time this year tonight and the take was quite small. But after organizing all the balls we have from last year and this year (I've found 36 or so on the course this year) we have 47 dozen. We will be going to the country club tomorrow and selling away. I'm talking rolling in the cash. If I mark a bag of ProV1s at 12 bucks, the country club people will pay me 20 cause they don't feel like waiting for me to make change or finding a ten and two ones. Most of the share will be mine cause my brother actually did very little work overall. I've decided that for this round of balls I'm going to treat myself to a very nice round of golf with my dad and put the rest towards my future car.

that's Awesome

The muni courses in Seattle let the First Tee kids search for balls throughout the year and then sell them for fundraising. They have the sale twice a year and there's literally garbage cans full of balls. I'm not sure when they actually find the balls, most likely just during their practice rounds.

Couldn't decide to start a new thread somewhere, post in the banter thread, or revive this one. It's really not banter, so I'm posting here.

My brother and I went out finding balls for the first time this year tonight and the take was quite small. But after organizing all the balls we have from last year and this year (I've found 36 or so on the course this year) we have 47 dozen. We will be going to the country club tomorrow and selling away. I'm talking rolling in the cash. If I mark a bag of ProV1s at 12 bucks, the country club people will pay me 20 cause they don't feel like waiting for me to make change or finding a ten and two ones. Most of the share will be mine cause my brother actually did very little work overall. I've decided that for this round of balls I'm going to treat myself to a very nice round of golf with my dad and put the rest towards my future car.

So have you actually had it happen where they just gave you a twenty instead of waiting for change or are you just assuming?

Because if someone cares that little about money I don't see them bothering to buy used golf balls and would instead be buying new ones

I never look for balls, but if they find me I pitch them in the cart and then at our clubhouse we have a bucket that used balls are dropped in for the Junior Golf program....I put my scuffed ones in there too.

I have 2 shag bags full of used premium balls I don't need anymore and I would rather give them to somebody that will put them to good use.

So have you actually had it happen where they just gave you a twenty instead of waiting for change or are you just assuming?

Because if someone cares that little about money I don't see them bothering to buy used golf balls and would instead be buying new ones

Country club dude. A rich one. The ones that aren't too snobbish to only play the $58 ProV1s in the pro shop will buy them from me at sometimes double the prices I set. Those guys play fast, no time for change lol. And yes, one time a guy gave me a $20 when the dozen of Warbirds he bought cost 4 bucks.

I hope you guys don't mind if I give a kick to a month old thread, however instead of starting a new one on the exact same topic.... I saw this on the net, and it's exactly what I was thinking of recently at someone's recommendation...

Does anyone know any golf courses in Northern Rhode Island, or RI in general, that will give permission? I am soon to be certified as a diver, and was trying to think of a nice summer job... :) The job market here isn't what it used to be! Particularly for teenagers (17, but still...) I sent out a general email to a few of the locals, but maybe you guys know one that I don't...

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back