Golf courses with or without a Range

HighOnTheHog

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you prefer to play a course that has a Range to warm up compared to some courses that you have no ability to warm up at all?

Ours doesn't have a range. But honestly, when I go to one with a range, I rarely hit balls. THP events are usually the only time.

I strongly prefer to have a range, I don't always use it, but if I'm playing a competitive match at all I definitely want to hit the range, even if only for 10 balls. I hate when courses don't have them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I strongly prefer to have a range, I don't always use it, but if I'm playing a competitive match at all I definitely want to hit the range, even if only for 10 balls. I hate when courses don't have them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yeah I guess it might depend of how competitive or important the round is if you need it to have a range. As for me not being in my 20s anymore, I dont need a lot of range balls but I do like hitting 10 to 15 balls just mainly for some feel.

I'm with Smalls. I hardly ever hit the range before a round. The only time I do is if I'm playing in an outing and there are free range balls. Most of the time I'm showing up in just enough time to check in and maybe roll a few balls on the practice green and that's only if I have time or I am waiting on more of my group.

It doesn't make much of a difference to me to be honest.

I want a range. Not nets, a range.

But I am a snob like that.

:clap:

I prefer a range,sadly most around here cause of the wet climate have no range Many have a net a mat only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've played some great rounds with no warmup but prefer courses with a grass range to warm up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer a range, just to see what swing showed up that morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I prefer places with a range

I'd like a range just to hit a few balls But it won't affect where I play.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I do like to hit a couple balls before a round if possible, but lack of a range will not prevent me from playing a course.

I'd prefer a range but if not possible then a hitting net will do.

I'm the 30-40 minutes early guy to hit range and putt, so it's a must for me. Last Saturday I had a match for the handicap flight bracket of my club championship, I won so onto the semifinals, and the guys I was playing showed up 5 mins before tee time. I don't know how people don't warm up at all.

Back