Golf Ghost does Cabot 2019 - Live Thread

Cool; thanks! We are working on a Scotland/Ireland trip to play some links golf in 2021 for our 25th anniversary. I may give Cabot a try in 2020 to hold me over before we head across the pond. Not too far of a trip for me from St. Louis.

You can turn it into a 5-6 day trip as well.

Keltic Lodge is located on the Cabot Trail (Cabot name) and has Highland Links. Not a traditional links like at Cabot, but an original Stanley Thompson design was great coastal views. The lodge has a spa and great dinning as well. Fully recommend if your looking to make a trip out of it.

If you fly into Halifax, the other stay and play option on your way to Cabot is Fox Harbr resort, which has one of the better known spas in the province.

Would recommend one or both of those if you're looking to make a trip with the spouse.

You can turn it into a 5-6 day trip as well.

Keltic Lodge is located on the Cabot Trail (Cabot name) and has Highland Links. Not a traditional links like at Cabot, but an original Stanley Thompson design was great coastal views. The lodge has a spa and great dinning as well. Fully recommend if your looking to make a trip out of it.

If you fly into Halifax, the other stay and play option on your way to Cabot is Fox Harbr resort, which has one of the better known spas in the province.

Would recommend one or both of those if you're looking to make a trip with the spouse.

Appreciate that, thanks!

No problem. Any questions about the area at all, feel free to PM me.

Sure thing! I get to Toronto fairly often for business but haven't been up further north than that yet. When does spring/summer hit up there?

Sure thing! I get to Toronto fairly often for business but haven't been up further north than that yet. When does spring/summer hit up there?

Late June through late September is pretty solid. Obviously being coastal, you get the odd cool and damp day, but for the most part it's not much different than northeast US.

NLU with their take on Cabot Cliffs. I think it's pretty spot on.

That place is amazing. How often have you played it Golf Ghost? Just the one visit?

That place is amazing. How often have you played it Golf Ghost? Just the one visit?

This was my second visit. Went once in 2018 as well.

Anyone thinking of going, especially in the fall should think of booking soon. Had trouble getting tee times before noon for October. Anything after 1-1:30 that time of year and you'll be chasing the sun.

Just stumbled into this. Love this place. Thanks sharing.

Anyone thinking of going, especially in the fall should think of booking soon. Had trouble getting tee times before noon for October. Anything after 1-1:30 that time of year and you'll be chasing the sun.

When are you going in October? My trip to toronto in May is getting delayed and I should have vacation days to use up.... figure I will make my trip then then hop over for a couple days. Any advice?

When are you going in October? My trip to toronto in May is getting delayed and I should have vacation days to use up.... figure I will make my trip then then hop over for a couple days. Any advice?

I'll be up there the 15th-16th. Though, that may be changed with one of the guys now having a baby on the way and the due date is late September.

Ideally mid to late September would be the perfect time up there. Depends how much you're looking to do and see. Let me know and I can definitely provide some advice.

I'll be up there the 15th-16th. Though, that may be changed with one of the guys now having a baby on the way and the due date is late September.

Ideally mid to late September would be the perfect time up there. Depends how much you're looking to do and see. Let me know and I can definitely provide some advice.

I am thinking at least 2 days (guessing it will be 5-6 hours of travel from toronto, flying into Halifax and then drive over) maybe 3. I am going to call when I get home from work and see if they have any dates/tee times available. I am afraid to book anything else, but what the heck.

I am thinking at least 2 days (guessing it will be 5-6 hours of travel from toronto, flying into Halifax and then drive over) maybe 3. I am going to call when I get home from work and see if they have any dates/tee times available. I am afraid to book anything else, but what the heck.

The new par 3 will be opened by then as well. Toronto to Halifax is 2 hours, plus you lose an hour. Drive from Halifax to Cabot is about 3-3.5 hours. That time of year, if you wanted you could probably get a round in at the Links if you wanted or the par 3 course to stretch the legs.

If possible, I'd advise playing the Links before the Cliffs for your first time.

Back