Golf Marketing and Media with Scott Goryl – The Golf Industry Uncut Volume 7

Scotty G is so laid back. I had the chance to meet him at #TheKing last year and definitely a cool dude. Love hearing all the zoo crew get excited and prep for events!

Another great show, JB! I love getting to know more and more about Callaway and the company's people. Every single one of these shows makes me really want to meet these guys in person. The genuine excitement about their jobs, the industry, the game and THP events is so cool. Always hoping to get into a THP event to meet THPers, but I'm also hoping it's a Callaway sponsored event so I can meet some of the Zoo Crew too!

The question was not asked who has the best fans.
"Better sports fans California or Massachusetts?" at 23:46

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

"Better sports fans California or Massachusetts?" at 23:46

Im no geography whiz, but last I checked, Philly was not in either of those states.

Im no geography whiz, but last I checked, Philly was not in either of those states.
Ok, I took it as meaning Boston or SD. And just saying that the best sports fans are in PA then.

Really enjoyed this today. Well done! I always think it's so cool how much the callaway guys love the granddaddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I took it as meaning Boston or SD.

Still not sure I understand. If I ask someone who has better fans, Boston or San Diego and they say Philly, I would take them as someone either not paying attention to the question or someone that does not comprehend all that well. Its like asking which is a better dog breed, poodle or doberman and someone answering Calico Cat. :D

Just listened to this on the way to the course. Pretty cool how scotty went from Sony to Callaway. Was really great to hear the legitimate excitment in his voice about the grandaddy

Just trying to have a little fun and say that our fans are better. I don't need to be talked down to in that sarcastic manner. I thought this place was about having a little fun. I fully understood the question.

I love THP radio ... got to give you kudos JB, you do a great job interviewing on all the THP radio shows. You have a good voice for radio ... and I am not buttering you up.

(notice I said voice and not face :act-up:)

Still not sure I understand. If I ask someone who has better fans, Boston or San Diego and they say Philly, I would take them as someone either not paying attention to the question or someone that does not comprehend all that well. Its like asking which is a better dog breed, poodle or doberman and someone answering Calico Cat. :D

Elephant

Just trying to have a little fun and say that our fans are better. I don't need to be talked down to in that sarcastic manner. I thought this place was about having a little fun. I fully understood the question.

See the smilie. Nobody is talking down to anybody.

I love THP radio ... got to give you kudos JB, you do a great job interviewing on all the THP radio shows. You have a good voice for radio ... and I am not buttering you up.

(notice I said voice and not face :act-up:)

Thanks Kensisland. I have a face for radio too.

See the smilie. Nobody is talking down to anybody.
Ok, I missed the smile. My bad. All good. Sometimes things just come across differently in type.

I think that "rivalry" match will be taking place next month and we will make it a #THPCallOut as I give updates after each hole.

Very nice episode!

I like the enthusiasm that ScottyG has about THP events and the Grandaddy!

Very cool episode. Was a great listen, especially hearing a bit about the GrandDaddy!

Downloaded and will listen soon.

Golf Marketing and Media with Scott Goryl – The Golf Industry Uncut Volume 7

Great interview with ScottyG. I enjoyed getting to know him in December and playing matches against him on day 1. He nails TheGrandaddy bonding. Saying goodbye in that parking lot after 3 long days together is tough. You're all exhausted but don't want it to end. It's been great hearing all the ZooCrews' takes on TheGrandaddy so far in these podcasts. Harry, Jason and Scotty all with a little different perspective, but spot on.

Great discussion and who doesn't love the Fireaway section?! Also much love for Modern Times Brewery, can't wait for them to open their LA location. And Ballast Point is legit.

I would love to dive a little deeper into making the emotional connection between a brand and a consumer, especially as it relates to engagements with THP - forums, events, testing etc.

Back some years ago, I read a book called "Lovemarks" written by the CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi and I (and I think many here) would enjoy conversation referencing those concepts.

With the big contest and match coming up, I thought I would bump this to show where it came from.

This isnt a slight to any of the guests weve listened to on THP radio, but Scotty G was a fantastic guest. Listening to him talk Grandaddy gave me goosebumps

This isnt a slight to any of the guests weve listened to on THP radio, but Scotty G was a fantastic guest. Listening to him talk Grandaddy gave me goosebumps

I really enjoyed this one myself. Very few have had their roles change in the world of golf like Scott while basically being in the same position (similar). The world and industry has changed dramatically and it was fun to hear about from the inside.

I really enjoyed this one myself. Very few have had their roles change in the world of golf like Scott while basically being in the same position (similar). The world and industry has changed dramatically and it was fun to hear about from the inside.

Evolve with a new focus on how they reach the consumer. Callaway has led the initiative for sure. But as we're seeing from other OEM's and component companies have recognized the value in it. Power of the Internet (the good side of it).

Evolve with a new focus on how they reach the consumer. Callaway has led the initiative for sure. But as we're seeing from other OEM's and component companies have recognized the value in it. Power of the Internet (the good side of it).

Yes sir. Good take on that. It doesnt have to be all doom and gloom reporting. Some places are still having fun.

Back