Golf Pride Pro Only Putter Grip Review

Anyone else give these a go yet?

I started with the Red Star and felt it was a little too small. I now have the Blue star on and it feels great. Today was my first round with the Blue star and putted pretty good today.

Red still intrigues me... I need to hit a few stores and see if any of them have them on display.

Unfortunately our local store doesn't have these in stock to check out. Maybe next spring they'll have them for the season.

My local shop only has one of the three and it’s t the green so I’ll wait until they have red in stock before committing to switching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So another day at the shop and the more I see similarities to other grips.Blue is very similar to tour classic. Green reminds me or the lamkin deep tech. The red is the pp58 blown up a little.

Definitely think people should give these a try. Good classic shapes with awesome feel.

My local shop only has one of the three and it’s not the green so I’ll wait until they have one in stock before committing to switching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the reds shape would have been more up your alley?

I thought the reds shape would have been more up your alley?

You are correct. It should have read “they only had the green so I’ll wait”

You are correct. It should have read “they only had the green so I’ll wait”
Hahahaha, all gravy dude. I was just confused because we have talked Red so much. I really think it’s exactly what you’re looking for though.

Hahahaha, all gravy dude. I was just confused because we have talked Red so much. I really think it’s exactly what you’re looking for though.

So I finally saw one in store but I’m having a problem with my local golf Mary’s club builder so any new changes will have to wait until it’s resolved but I do think I’ll try one out soon

I installed the red on my Hogan BHB02 And put two rounds on it this weekend. I putted pretty well for me. I like it a lot better than the super stroke I had before. I really like the feel and the size but it was an adjustment after using the Super stroke for so long. I feel like I have more control with it over the SS. I really can’t say a whole lot after only two rounds but for $12 it seems to be a pretty good investment so far

Finally have the red star installed on my SL Ten and while the shape is everything I want in a putter grip and closest grip to my contour 75cc, the material make up of the grip is where everything falls apart for me. There’s a big lack of feel in the grip, and while there is a consistency to it, the all rubber make up of the grip just seems to absorb any feedback from off center putts. I’ll give it a couple more rounds before moving on from it but so far I’m a little surprised and underwhelmed by the grip.

Finally have the red star installed on my SL Ten and while the shape is everything I want in a putter grip and closest grip to my contour 75cc, the material make up of the grip is where everything falls apart for me. There’s a big lack of feel in the grip, and while there is a consistency to it, the all rubber make up of the grip just seems to absorb any feedback from off center putts. I’ll give it a couple more rounds before moving on from it but so far I’m a little surprised and underwhelmed by the grip.
This is surprising to me given that there is less rubber in this still with its size than the majority of putter grips on the market today.

This is surprising to me given that there is less rubber in this still with its size than the majority of putter grips on the market today.

Considering my previous was the contour snsr I’m just used to a different material in my lead hand compared to this one. I was surprised considering the texture wasn’t as bad off the club before install but once it was installed and used, it bothered me.

Considering my previous was the contour snsr I’m just used to a different material in my lead hand compared to this one. I was surprised considering the texture wasn’t as bad off the club before install but once it was installed and used, it bothered me.
Definitely wild. But, its a very traditional material/build, definitely aimed at the segment who likes the simple materials of yesteryear.

I know some might’ve missed this one so I wanted to bump and put the video that is also in the article in the current eyes of this thread for easy access for some of you out there!

Im actually still gaming the Red Star too!

Also, I want to try this out on the new forum, this is the video from the review:

Anyone else give these a go yet?
Was at Golf Galaxy dropping off my irons to get new grips. Saw these and when i checked them out really liked the way they felt. Went from the Tour sensor 104 to the 140 on my putter. Noticed i started to feel better when i choked down on the grip. After reading the review when i got home decided i am going to try the green on my Evnroll ER 5b just because its a little bigger although the review has me thinking i need to take a good look at the red before i decide. And i think the all black grip will look really good on this putter.

Nice review! I checked them out and went with a superstroke tour 2.0 instead on my Vons. Weight of grip and similar feel to the grip on my Spider X made me go in that direction.

I put a Blue Star on my BeCu Scottsdale Anser that had been 'put aside' a couple of years ago and I am putting the best I have in years!! Great grip with wonderful feel. A great but at $12.99!!

finally decided to pick one up, felt a little better than the ping and other gp "classic" grips

15826674971399089888140549900368.jpg

While I liked the feel of them, the weight is what killed it for me. I was looking for something 60gr or less. 74+ gr was just too heavy for my putter setup and desired feel.

While I liked the feel of them, the weight is what killed it for me. I was looking for something 60gr or less. 74+ gr was just too heavy for my putter setup and desired feel.

I’m guessing you’re playing a ping man or similar then? As they’re the ones that get sub 60 and are rubber.

Something to keep in mind with why these weigh hat they do. Putter heads are heavier than they were at the inception of the lighter and more narrow grips.

I’m guessing you’re playing a ping man or similar then? As they’re the ones that get sub 60 and are rubber.

Something to keep in mind with why these weigh hat they do. Putter heads are heavier than they were at the inception of the lighter and more narrow grips.
Superstroke Tour 2.020200215_153514.jpg

Back