Golf Pride Pro Only Putter Grip Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great reveiw James. As a fan of traditional sized putter grips and one who definitely remembers the Pro Only name, and Putter Man, from the past, I'm sure the Red Star will eventually make it on one or more of my putters.

Well done Jman I have a Red Star that I will be installing tonight. Love the shape and size. Looking forward to spending some time with it

• Admin
Updated the review to feature a video Jman did at explaining the grips with a bit of a breakdown. Worth the watch.

JB;n8905538 said:
Updated the review to feature a video Jman did at explaining the grips with a bit of a breakdown. Worth the watch.

Boom!

I hope people take the time to see the video, especially any of those hoping for a SNSR vs Pro Only Red

That video is super well done James.

That video was fantastic Jman . Being completely honest here I always thought the pistol shape was the part on the back that changed. Your video clearly shows the difference on the top. I'm definitely interested in trying one of these grips. I'm leaning toward the red or green.

Interesting. I'm still learning what I like with putter grips, but oversized grips and I are at least on a time out for awhile. I may give the red a try. Thanks for an informative and clear review.

Great video, Jman !

Thanks you all, that means a lot.

I really hope people give them a go and add to the feedback, makes this job even more fun.

Nice review. GP keeps making great grips

Snickerdog;n8905755 said:
Nice review. GP keeps making great grips

Thank you!

Bump for the evening crowd!

Just read the review and will be watching the video shortly. Fantastic explanation between the three shapes. Leaning towards the blue star for me.

as always job well done James!

mmaynard11;n8906171 said:
Just read the review and will be watching the video shortly. Fantastic explanation between the three shapes. Leaning towards the blue star for me.

as always job well done James!

Thank you!!!

Hope everyone enjoys a little more detail and feedback on these, I really do think the Red is going to be the star....pun intended...of the line but all three shapes are so unique there is something for everyone.

I've gotten some really good feedback on this one and I want to say thank you to all who reached out and gave that! Glad so many are enjoying the video add on, I think it will be something I try to do for most of my articles from here on out.

For the grips, I'm re-installing the Red on a putter now, this weekend its going to go on the Elevado Frontline and get a long workout. Pretty pumped about that.

Great video. I am just about ready to pull the trigger in a red star. Would like to get one in hand first.

Great video. I am just about ready to pull the trigger in a red star. Would like to get one in hand first.
Thank you!

I'll add in, I'm installing the blue and green onto a couple of my HS kids putters this weekend who really fell for the shapes when I was working on the review. A few others really wanted the Red, they don't get that one though, hahaha

A little bump to see if anyone has considered giving these a go?

I’m loving the Red on my Frontline Elevado now, and it was hard for me to cut off the grip that came on that one, but this is just the best profile shape out there for me. The fact that they have three different shape options in the line for everyone to find one is huge.

Red on the Elevado is badass.

But I'm really also digging the green shape on one of my HS girls putters too.

Also, I want to try this out on the new forum, this is the video from the review:

Finally felt these today. The Red Star and Green Star I could both imagine using.

The Blue Star was a little awkward feeling. Edges are sharp and pretty straight feeling.

Red Star is basically a shrunk Contour Pro and is very, very similar to the ping pp58. I could see myself using this grip.

The Green Star is a bit rounded, and reminded me of Scotty Cameron grip. Still different but kinda the closest feel I could think of off the top of my head. I could see myself using this grip.

The price is solid on these.

Anyone else give these a go yet?

Playing with someone who has one right now....his name is @Scarnici
d84ffde5277c40d6691a075490ab6944.jpg

Back