Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

LIN-Q Purple. I need to sell some clubs before I get with my fitter for a new shaft and/or driver.

Had to throw the "golf" in there for all you dirty minds. HA!

This might be fun though, whats your golf shaft ponder right now?

I like the Fujikura Vista Pro 65 with woods but something more tip firm with irons.

I played Aldila NV Pro 105s, R-flex, with a couple of sets.
When they stopped offering them with new clubs, I switched to Nippon Modus 3 105s, R-flex.

I honestly don't notice the difference other than color.
Maybe it takes a better player than myself to experience a difference if there is one.

Going with recoils? Or looking for something new? I'm going to start testing 110i SF in 46*

I'm not sure. Recoil and I have had a relationship filled with mixed emotions. But on the flip side, they are usually the easiest to aquire.

My head is spinning thinking about iron shafts right now, come June 3td I will know 100 percent what is the best Irons Shaft for me 🤠

Modus 130 in my wedges.

Tour AD HY for a driving/utility iron.

Still have yet to try the Nippon Pro Regio shafts!

Pondering a shaft for my 5w. Just a spot distance club, so just looking for consistency. Thinking of the a few I've had really good success with in the Aldila tour green 85s, or HZRDUS yellow 80 6.0. Both would do it pretty well. I know you can still pick up tour greens new for a hell of a price now a days and I still have yet to find many shafts that fit me better than those.

Tensei Pro Orange for the G400 Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always pondering shafts...

The ATTAS
LIN-Q
Ventus Blue 5S/6S
GD Tour AD BB
Accra TZ6/TZ5

:rolleyes:o_O

I’m starting to experiment with some of these newer putter shafts. I just ordered two KBS CT Tour shafts and am considering one of the LA Golf shafts as well. I figure putting is over 40% of my strokes taken so it’s time I finally paid some attention to the shaft.

LinQ and Helium for the driver & 3 wood :unsure:

TT AMT White. I recently got an Apex 19 3i with an AMT White in it and while I'm only one round in, I love it. Same feel/control as the standard X100 in my other irons and I am liking the lighter weight, which would be beneficial in my longer irons.

TT AMT White. I recently got an Apex 19 3i with an AMT White in it and while I'm only one round in, I love it. Same feel/control as the standard X100 in my other irons and I am liking the lighter weight, which would be beneficial in my longer irons.
Your Spicoli handle is friggin' hilarious!!!

Anyone have experience with the Recoil and Recoil Proto shafts that can tell me the difference? Mizuno only offers the standard Recoils and I'm looking to order a 4 and 5 iron to match my 6-gw set with Protos.

Pondering my Small Batch Experience custom, and figuring out a head before they ship out to attendees not named @Space Bandito :ROFLMAO:

I want to game it, so I need to figure out the head.

I want some Recoil Protos. Based on Ebay prices...so does everyone else.

Not a ponder but a question. The 17 degree exs I picked up has a 50g shaft. Is normal to play a lighter 3w than your driver? Not going to change it because I actually really like the way it swings. Just curious.

I want some Recoil Protos. Based on Ebay prices...so does everyone else.

Curtis, these Paderson Ballistic are really, really good. If you can find them it could really surprise you, I have been watching for some 110 in reg. but they just don't seem to something people part with or there just are not many out there period.

I have the 95 reg. now and they are really starting to work well, even in Reg. I can jump on them and get the same ball flight and distance I had with the 110 F5 recoils. Well maybe a little longer with the Paderson but not more than 1/2 club.

Not a ponder but a question. The 17 degree exs I picked up has a 50g shaft. Is normal to play a lighter 3w than your driver? Not going to change it because I actually really like the way it swings. Just curious.

It's not common. If it works though, great.

A fitter was asked basically this same question recently on a video and he wondered what the swing weights for the driver and 3W were. Maybe there was a noticeable difference there that was showing a benefit to that player. And ultimately that if the person really really liked the 3W performance, he'd question whether that player was in the right driver shaft.

It's not common. If it works though, great.

A fitter was asked basically this same question recently on a video and he wondered what the swing weights for the driver and 3W were. Maybe there was a noticeable difference there that was showing a benefit to that player. And ultimately that if the person really really liked the 3W performance, he'd question whether that player was in the right driver shaft.

This is definitely what my intuition is. It doesn’t make sense and I’m not fit into either my driver or 3wd so I am planning on getting that done. I fit my driver based on my previous fittings myself and I really like it. I thought I would have to change the 3wd but I really like it even though it doesn’t flow with the rest of my set.

Back