GolfTec vs. Club Champion- Which one is a better club fitter?

jfox789

2022 Budget Golf Champion & 2021 Dream Foursome!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Hello! Thinking about getting fit for irons. I have access to both Club Champion and GolfTec. What are people's thoughts on one vs. the other! Thanks!

Both have their place. Club Champion is a pure fitter where as GolfTEC is more of instruction with some fitting. CC will offer more brands and more options in their fitting matrix vs GolfTEC. Because of that, check and make sure the clubs and shafts you have some interest in are available at GolfTEC.

Both have their place. Club Champion is a pure fitter where as GolfTEC is more of instruction with some fitting. CC will offer more brands and more options in their fitting matrix vs GolfTEC. Because of that, check and make sure the clubs and shafts you have some interest in are available at GolfTEC.

Thank you! Very good point on availability. Probably makes me lien towards CC as I don't have a brand or shaft in mind.

JB really nailed it. I've mostly used Golftec because my focus was more on the lessons, and my coach did my fittings.

Hello! Thinking about getting fit for irons. I have access to both Club Champion and GolfTec. What are people's thoughts on one vs. the other! Thanks!
I just had a CC fitting. The fitting went ok. That being said, I fully regret it. Purely anecdotal but I written multiple emails to my fitter with no response. Went in a few days ago to try a Betfinardi putter but my fitter wasnt in there and the guy who was wasnt helpful at all. They upsell on some things as expected and charge a bit more for gear then other places.

I went to a a small local fitter and it was a world of difference. Extremely personable, responsive and just so much happier to have the opportunity to build clubs for me. Puring my shafts will be no extra cost (30 dollars a club at CC). Selection may be smaller but I feel so much more at ease and happy about my decision.

Long story short. Try a local small shop if you have one first. Oh and fitting cost was half the price and this particular guy refunds cost of fitting when you order. The small guys just care more imo. If you dont have a small local shop then disregard everything hsha

JB nailed it. CC is a true fitter, Tec dabbles but is more an instruction thing imo. Both good at what they do, one specialized in fitting.

And as always, experiences vary.

I just had a CC fitting. The fitting went ok. That being said, I fully regret it. Purely anecdotal but I written multiple emails to my fitter with no response. Went in a few days ago to try a Betfinardi putter but my fitter wasnt in there and the guy who was wasnt helpful at all. They upsell on some things as expected and charge a bit more for gear then other places.

I went to a a small local fitter and it was a world of difference. Extremely personable, responsive and just so much happier to have the opportunity to build clubs for me. Puring my shafts will be no extra cost (30 dollars a club at CC). Selection may be smaller but I feel so much more at ease and happy about my decision.

Long story short. Try a local small shop if you have one first. Oh and fitting cost was half the price and this particular guy refunds cost of fitting when you order. The small guys just care more imo. If you dont have a small local shop then disregard everything hsha

Disappointing about the CC experience. Did the fitter you went to have a good selection of heads and shafts. One of the local small fitters is mostly components.

If you have to choose of those the decision is Club Champion for me and its not close. As with anything its fitter dependent. If you want brand agnostic thats the place to go. If you already know what you want and just want to get fit check the companys website for authorized fitters.

Club Champion.

Clubs will be expensive but they won’t also try to sell you a $2k lesson package.

I just went into a Golftec, as I start my journey to check out the fitters. When asked he said they dont carry Cobra and if memory serves me correctly the other two were Cleveland and Siroxon. I honestly won't really care what brand I get fitted for, just hate that that option wont be available. Not sure how they narrow down the initial lineup for someone to try anyway. Maybe its a nonissue.

Disappointing about the CC experience. Did the fitter you went to have a good selection of heads and shafts. One of the local small fitters is mostly components.
Yea,y local fitter had a decent selection of everything. Going local is certainly dependent of the quality and selection of what they offer. May not be viable for everyone.

I just went into a Golftec, as I start my journey to check out the fitters. When asked he said they dont carry Cobra and if memory serves me correctly the other two were Cleveland and Siroxon. I honestly won't really care what brand I get fitted for, just hate that that option wont be available. Not sure how they narrow down the initial lineup for someone to try anyway. Maybe its a nonissue.

Yes, one issue with Golftec is they only carry limited brands. At my location, I could try Mizuno, Callaway, Ping, TaylorMade, and Titleist.

Back