Greetings from Augusta

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

I love Goshen...played it all the time.

I see Mount Vintage is on that card. I played out there twice and they hosted the LPGA out there for a while. It was an awesome place at the time (may still be).

You may be surprised to hear that Mount Vintage has closed. They built a third nine a few years ago, but I don't think they ever built the membership to support the place, and as a semi-private course the $70-80 rate was too much especially for how far out-of-the-way and hard to find it was. It was also nearly impossible to walk, which didn't help. Beautiful place that is for now defunct

I usually play at Goshen Plantation, because it's cheap, and it's been relatively empty every time I've gone. I've played Midland Valley in Graniteville a couple times, because of the price (military). I'm taking some time off next week so going to play Gordon Lakes (hopefully Island, my favorite of the three), then one of the six courses on the Beasley Broadcast holiday gift card. I haven't decided which yet.

I was a member of Goshen thru much of the 1980's - great layout that has changed ownership quite a few times - the quality has gone up and down and up and down through the years. I left there to return to Gordon Lakes up until my hip forced me to quit playing in 2012. Gordon Lakes is a great facility that constantly got better the last 15 years, and a great value. That place and my game must have been made for each other, as I won the club championship 10 times thru the years. After I get a hip replacement sometime in the near future I hope to resume golf at Gordon.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the site I am new to this site as well it is awesome....

You may be surprised to hear that Mount Vintage has closed. They built a third nine a few years ago, but I don't think they ever built the membership to support the place, and as a semi-private course the $70-80 rate was too much especially for how far out-of-the-way and hard to find it was. It was also nearly impossible to walk, which didn't help. Beautiful place that is for now defunct

I see that, in fact, they have closed. I reached out to see if anyone else would be willing to accept their round.

Welcome to the forum.

Back