Greetings from Brooklyn

The Bronx? You must've played Van Cortlandt or Pelham/Split Rock after work on summer evenings.

I've never played Clearview b/c of the crowds. My game is just not good enough to take out to Long Island. There are so many great courses on LI and up the Hudson Valley and New Jersey that I just don't have the game for yet. One day....
Ha, yeah I probably played Pelham 30-40 times, Split Rock about 10, same for Van Cortlandt.

I lived in Rockland County so most of my golf was up there. Rockland Lake, Blue Hill, NY Country Club, Patriot Hills, Spook Rock and Rotella.

Biggest treat for me in the area was Minisceongo Golf Club. Crazy expensive to join, light years out of my league. But a buddy had a sister membership at another course with reciprocal privileges and he took me along some. Fantastic course but shut down. $40k initiation fees (according to others) can be a bit exclusionary!

You'll gain the confidence soon enough to play wherever you want. I was slow to believe in myself, if I had it to do all over again though, I'd have stepped out of my comfort zone sooner.

Hit em well!

Welcome aboard!!

Welcome!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to the THP family!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. I am in NYC and play a variety places in the Metro NY area. Let me know if you need any Recommendations of courses or just want to play.

Welcome to THP! I've been traveling back and forth to NYC every week for months; and cross the Whitestone right by the Trump course; and drool.

Welcome to THP!

How much golf is there to be played in Brooklyn? Do you have to travel much to find courses?
Believe it or not, I believe there are 11 golf courses in my the New York City limits.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP! I've been traveling back and forth to NYC every week for months; and cross the Whitestone right by the Trump course; and drool.

Believe it or not, I believe there are 11 golf courses in my the New York City limits.

I have played that course about half
Dozen times. It is a good course. For the price it is a overrated but living on the UES of Manhattan it is 15 minutes from my apartment. If you continue to travel into the city when the weather gets nice let's play the course. I have also been up in your neck of the woods. I have family right outside of
Albany.

Welcome!! If you ever come out to Bethpage let me know.

Welcome, i live in Houston now, but born and raised in Brooklyn!!

Dozen times. It is a good course. For the price it is a overrated but living on the UES of Manhattan it is 15 minutes from my apartment. If you continue to travel into the city when the weather gets nice let's play the course. I have also been up in your neck of the woods. I have family right outside of
Albany.

I'm definitely down for a round. In either your area or mine.

Albany.

I'm definitely down for a round. In either your area or mine.

I heard golf. I'm in.

Welcome to THP.

I'm in Bay Ridge, 5 mins from Dyker and managed to play it on a very cold and windy Friday last week. The public course I've played this year in NYC are in great condition and probably the best they have been in years. I only play the publics on a Wednesday and venture out to NJ, CT or Long Island for something better during the weekends.

Only course I've not played of the 12 that are in the city is Kissena and only just played Pelham for the first time last week. I also always play first light in the morning to beat the NY rush and 6 hour round.

If you are stuck for a game give us a shout, sure we could add you to our 2/3some :D

Last edited:
Welcome!

Welcome to Paradise. Enjoy your time here. Lots of cool people and knowledge about the game and the equipment used to play it.

Welcome to THP...it's the place to be!

Welcome to THP!

Back