GRIP CHECK! What’s in the bag?

I have a new set of Winn Dri-Tac midsize grips on my irons that have been doing well in this Houston sauna. I need to regrip my driver, woods and wedges, so I'll be looking at more of the Winn's I think.

Still rocking the Lamkin iLines on the irons/wedges. Have been on the irons for like 7 or 8 years now and they are still tacky enough for the Houston summers. The woods and lob wedge are a hodgepodge of stock grips.

I need to change a couple grips, but here is where I am:

Driver: Lamkin Sonar Tour (1 club, grey)
4/7W, 5I - AW (9 clubs, black
SW - Lamkin Crossline (1 club, stock)
LW - Golf Pride Tour Velvet (1 club, stock)
putter - Lamkin pistol cord

I need to replace my SW/LW with the Lamkin TS1, the reduced taper and the visual markings on the club give me a clear reference for when I want to choke down on the club.

Many. PXG stock grips in Midsize, an old factory second Lamkin black and white grip (midsize) and now to of the team color grips in blue and yellow - no idea why other than they are not blue and orange (which would be the Mets and that's a no in this house), also in midsize, finally on 2 putters grip master perforated midsize.

MCC + 4 in all, except the putter PP58

MCC Align Standard (Green/White) is currently what I’m using, but I think I’ll be going back to the MCC Plus 4 on the next grip change.

GP CP2 Wrap on irons & woods, wedges are Winn Dri Tac Wrap (leftover) from previous purchase.

Midsize Lamkin Crossline full cord.

Thanks to @AuzzieMatt I just learned about the Pure DTX. :unsure:

Questions for the group:

1) How aggressive are the Pure DTX compared to full cords?

2) ETA after work check of the Pure website answered the durability question. Though I always prefer THPer's thoughts over some rando from the internet.

Last edited:
z grip soft on most and mcc plus4 on woods

MCC Align from driver through to PW, then Tour Velvet on my 50/54/58 wedges

Still Z-chords. Love them.

Midsize Lamkin Crossline full cord.

Thanks to @AuzzieMatt I just learned about the Pure DTX. :unsure:

Questions for the group:

1) How aggressive are the Pure DTX compared to full cords?

2) ETA after work check of the Pure website answered the durability question. Though I always prefer THPer's thoughts over some rando from the internet.

No worries mate. They're fairly aggressive but not as much as cords. I play without a glove and they don't tear my hands up, but I do get a rough spot on my left index finger. But as @Jman memed, nothing a bit of 120 grit can't fix. :ROFLMAO:

GP MCC +4 in the irons & GP Align grips in the woods, regular GP MCC grips in the wedges (y)

Right now, Tour Velvet with GP SNSR on the putter

Gaming MCC +4 Align on every club except my 3H - that is a MCC+4 Midsize (Ebay seller I bought it from didn't realize it was midsize) but I absolutely love it and am strongly considering going Midsize next season when I regrip.

Crossline full Cord currently. I just like the way cord feels and performs. My putter has Edel Round standard and it has helped my putting immensely.

No worries mate. They're fairly aggressive but not as much as cords. I play without a glove and they don't tear my hands up, but I do get a rough spot on my left index finger. But as @Jman memed, nothing a bit of 120 grit can't fix. :ROFLMAO:
Thank you for your response.

With @Jman "don't like your hands" comment I was actually hoping that you would say that they're more aggressive. :(

I clean by cord grips regularly but I still have some slippage during my 90+ degree rounds. I presume that the "tackiness" of the rubber along with the textured areas are enough to keep wet/sweaty hands from slipping?

I presume that the "tackiness" of the rubber along with the textured areas are enough to keep wet/sweaty hands from slipping?

In a word, yes. As a no glove player, they seem to work for me. If you treat them like you should and clean them regularly, it shouldn't be an issue.

Hi mate. Just had look at those , aggressive is the word , you could fit them to a land cruiser and shoot through the Daintree no worries at all 😊

Golf Pride MCCs on everything except my Cobra Rad 4i. Lamkin Crossline on there

MCC+4 Standard, 1 xtra wrap

Iomic Sticky, I don't wear a glove.

mcc +4 mids on the driver and 3W...i-line mids on the irons and wedges...tour snsr 105cc on the P

I’m a no glover as well. Maybe a rip of tape on the thumb knuckles but I have never liked wearing gloves. Even in baseball, I didn’t like batting gloves. That does mean that I have to change grips out often. Once they start feeling too smooth, they go bye bye.

13 Superstroke Wraps

Lamkin Sink Fit

Back