All my grips currently match, but if I spring for a new putter this year, may have an oversized grip for that.

Try to match everything.

Current setup has a few different ones in there.

I’ve
Also experimented with different grips for different clubs and had no issues

I try to match the grips. Right now they're all GP Tour Velvet midsize Plus 4. But my Ping irons, currently sitting on the bench, have Ping midsize grips.

Just got fitted so all my new clubs are coming with Golf Pride New Decade Plus4 grips. I picked grey for all but starting to wish I had picked different colors depending on the club type. But it's no big deal. They also threw new grips on my two wedges for free that I am not changing at the moment, I then got home and found my 3rd one, I may ask them to throw a new on there when I go to pick up my new clubs.

It's all about having the same feel on all my clubs, so yes all the grips on my clubs match.

I deciding after playing yesterday that I am putting grips on the rest of my clubs that match my irons. Though my wedges have good grips they don't match and that is bugging the crap outta me. The only club that will be left out is my putter as that has the grip I like on it. To me the putting game is a totally different beast.

I have preference for a soft grip but won't yank a grip on a new club on this basis as it is always an opportunity to try something new. That said, if a club is far outside of its swing weight range or worn out, I will go with some type of Winn cushion type of grip. Helps me relax

I match all of my grips. I like the consistent feel across all of the clubs.

My woods are GP MCC Aligns, irons GP MCC +4 Aligns, putter Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0. Wedges have original Lamkin Crosslines. Each has its purpose and I like the feel being different.

All of my clubs have what they left the factory with except my 7w. It was regripped before I bought it used and has some GolfPride grip on it. My irons match because I bought them as a set.

I'm not bothered that they don't match. I do know that I think I want some of those soft and squishy tacky grips. Real descriptive, I know.:)

I use all Golf Pride grips, but my driver and 3 wood have the white VDR's, 4-PW have NDMC +4 in the grey, wedges will have NDMC white/black, and putter has players wrap in white.

They will migrate to Tour Velvet. But, if it comes brand new with a different grip, I don't immediately change it. Driver and Fwy woods have GP MCC, Hybrids have Lamkin ZT5 and irons all have Tour Velvet.

Back