I love my Glock 22 chambered in .40 SW. Plenty of punch when needed and ammo never seems to be a problem.

I think I'm going to be picking up my first handgun. I'm fairly sure I'm going to be going with Glock and I'm specifically looking at the G19X. It isn't going to be a carry, more just to have in my home. Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with the G19x?

I have a G45, I do carry it some especially now that I am in a free state, but it’s mostly a HD gun with a TLR-7 attached and I carry my 43x.

When I bought it, I was between a 17, 19 and the 45. For me the 45 was perfect as the 17 dug into my leg when driving and I can’t get a full three fingers on a Gen5 19.

Great gun, no complaints.

I have a G45, I do carry it some especially now that I am in a free state, but it’s mostly a HD gun with a TLR-7 attached and I carry my 43x.

When I bought it, I was between a 17, 19 and the 45. For me the 45 was perfect as the 17 dug into my leg when driving and I can’t get a full three fingers on a Gen5 19.

Great gun, no complaints.
I shot the 43x a bit but didn't love the grip as my pinky sort of hung off of it.

They are fine.
We sold a few and have done some transfers when they first came out.

I personally don't like the slide length/grip length ratio. Doesn't make sense for me.

I mean, it's a glock. You can't really go wrong if you're a glock person.
I bought a P80 frame to build out with a G19 grip length and G17 barrel. I prefer that format instead.

I think I'm going to be picking up my first handgun. I'm fairly sure I'm going to be going with Glock and I'm specifically looking at the G19X. It isn't going to be a carry, more just to have in my home. Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with the G19x?
If it’s an HD handgun I’d rather have a longer barrel. Just my personal preference. As @Davidhibler mentioned, you can’t really go wrong if you like Glock. Check into the MOS version too.

I bought a P80 frame to build out with a G19 grip length and G17 barrel. I prefer that format instead.

If it’s an HD handgun I’d rather have a longer barrel. Just my personal preference. As @Davidhibler mentioned, you can’t really go wrong if you like Glock. Check into the MOS version too.
That reminds me. I have a p80 frame sitting int he closet. Been sitting in there for 2 or 3 years I think. Never got around to it 🤣

The Glock 19x is a fantastic firearm, but I would urge you to look at it's close cousin the Glock 45. Because both are crossovers based on a G17 frame with a G19 slide/barrel they are going to be very similar dimensionally and capacity wise, but I think the G45 has a couple pros.
  • G45 has front slide serrations
  • G45 has a flared magwell
  • The G45 is the gen 5 platform, the G19x is like a gen 4.5 (weird huh)
Hope that helps

My wife has a 19x and I think I like it more than she does. We did put in an aftermarket guide rod and spring and that made it a MUCH smoother shot.

The Glock 19x is a fantastic firearm, but I would urge you to look at it's close cousin the Glock 45. Because both are crossovers based on a G17 frame with a G19 slide/barrel they are going to be very similar dimensionally and capacity wise, but I think the G45 has a couple pros.
  • G45 has front slide serrations
  • G45 has a flared magwell
  • The G45 is the gen 5 platform, the G19x is like a gen 4.5 (weird huh)
Hope that helps
Thanks For the info! I actually ended up picking up the 19x already but I really appreciate the info!

I don't own a 19x,but have shot a friend's
when he brought it to the range. Very nice shooting pistol that feels good in the hands. I do own a G19, and it is one of my favorite shooters. I had a couple mods done on it, including a trigger job. Great gun, enjoy!

Just a couple of my collection, Sig P226 Legion and Daniel Defense DDM4V7 pro with Vortex 1x 6. Also have DDM4a1.

Nice pics. My p226 and p229 Legions are two favorites in my collection.

I didn’t get out to many competitions but this is my flavor of the month. Shooting groups with a .22 is tough but fun. I want to do more steel comps.

DDE51D24-8292-41E0-A1A5-74433C5CB4F9.jpeg

My center fire group gun is a Savage 6.5 CM. I haven’t shot this one much since ammo prices went up. It’s a consistent 0.75 MOA gun using my rest.

CEF1D811-4269-467E-8D1A-4CDB634D7335.jpeg

I currently carry a g2c in .40. It is reliable and small enough to carry and if it gets banged up or abused I'm not super mad because it's not expensive.

Nice pics. My p226 and p229 Legions are two favorites in my collection.

I have the P226 Nightmare and have a Rugged Obsidian suppressor I use on it. Amazing gun!
94985D57-0CDA-46E7-985C-6E9CBF8E2890.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the P226 Nightmare and have a Rugged Obsidian suppressor I use on it. Amazing gun!
View attachment 9060498

What barrel did you end up going with to run your suppressor on your 226? I have a P229 Legion and an Obsidian-9 waiting on e-Form approval and planned on running the two as a pair or possibly with my Odessa-9 I am also waiting for.

What barrel did you end up going with to run your suppressor on your 226? I have a P229 Legion and an Obsidian-9 waiting on e-Form approval and planned on running the two as a pair or possibly with my Odessa-9 I am also waiting for.
I just ordered the barrel off the Sig website. Its worked well so far.

Guys. What do you grease the stove with? Can you tell me what kind of grease

Guys. What do you grease the stove with? Can you tell me what kind of grease
What??

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

How quite is the suppressor? Are you using subsonic rounds?
It’s pretty quiet. Yeah I’ve used some 147 grain stuff and 115 grain. Definitely quieter with the 147 grain ammo. A lot of fun to shoot.

If you can find it, the 158gr Fiocchi is really good.

Back