Not open for further replies.
Those are some really nice guns

im totally jealous
i see guys with tons of guns but how in the crap can they afford them all haha
i need more money to buy more stuff

im totally jealous

I inherited most of mine, otherwise I would have like...3, lol. I just need an AR to complete my collection! Jealous of these sweet AR's you guys have!

im totally jealous

I bought most of mine before my boys came along. Me and my wife took turns with expensive purchases. My turn almost always put a new gun in the safe. Now that we have kids those purchases are few and far between.

That is all

nusyge4a.jpg

Got the XDM 9 today, paid a whipping 550 for it with everything (2 mags, holster, hard shell case and accessories) the guy bought it in April 2013. And traded it in for a new glock, it's barely been fired, also scored 100 rounds of 9mm today

Thought this was interesting, I'm an American citizen and have every right to buy and own firearms, but I was born in Mexico and naturalized 3 years ago. Today the store clerk told me that my background check was going to be delayed because I put that I was born in Mexico, and I noticed the paperwork now asks an extra question it didn't have 3months ago when I bought my AR, the new question asks if the buyer is Latino or Hispanic, the clerk thought it was kind of racist but they've been having so many problems with the cartels, so they've added extra Measures lol, but the clerk was surprised because I wasn't delayed, I was cleared instantly lol the New Mexico government makes me chuckle

lol at cartels
that xdm is sweet

They had a slightly used ruger LCP for 230, I may go back and buy it tomorrow

The 6.5-284 sounds like it would be a fun rifle to shoot. Just curious as to how the recoil might compare to a 30-06. I don't really have any friends that do any reloading, so I don't have much experience with the wildcat guns/ammo.
I haven't shot one to say 100% sure, but, in theory it should be a bit less. The 284 was designed to simulate 270 ballistics in a short action. Replacing the 7mm bullet with a lighter 6.5 mm bullet should make it even less. And it's not a wildcat so much anymore, Savage has a few rifles factory chambered in it, and a few people make ammunition for it.

Thought this was interesting, I'm an American citizen and have every right to buy and own firearms, but I was born in Mexico and naturalized 3 years ago. Today the store clerk told me that my background check was going to be delayed because I put that I was born in Mexico, and I noticed the paperwork now asks an extra question it didn't have 3months ago when I bought my AR, the new question asks if the buyer is Latino or Hispanic, the clerk thought it was kind of racist but they've been having so many problems with the cartels, so they've added extra Measures lol, but the clerk was surprised because I wasn't delayed, I was cleared instantly lol the New Mexico government makes me chuckle
That is very interesting, I guess I'm lucky I'm a gringo. Hahaha.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

The 6.5-284 sounds like it would be a fun rifle to shoot. Just curious as to how the recoil might compare to a 30-06. I don't really have any friends that do any reloading, so I don't have much experience with the wildcat guns/ammo.

Less recoil. Very high BC bullets available. It is a long-range round. The '06 is an awesome hunting round, but not in the same class as the 6.5's at long-range.

It isn't a "wildcat" at all. It's a pretty popular "practical tactical" and 1000 yard round.

I do reload, but my 1000 yard rifle is a little bigger than 6.5.....or 30-06 :angel:

That's a heck of a set up.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I'm thinking of getting a Blackhawk serpa holster for the XDM, does anyone know if they are available

I haven't shot one to say 100% sure, but, in theory it should be a bit less. The 284 was designed to simulate 270 ballistics in a short action. Replacing the 7mm bullet with a lighter 6.5 mm bullet should make it even less. And it's not a wildcat so much anymore, Savage has a few rifles factory chambered in it, and a few people make ammunition for it.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Yeah, in reading up on it a bit more, I discovered that it's not really considered a wildcat anymore, but ammon and guns are still few and far between in most places. Then again, pretty much all ammo is hard to come by these days! If I was a bit more into collecting centerfire rifles, I'd probably have to have one to go along with my .308win.

They had a slightly used ruger LCP for 230, I may go back and buy it tomorrow

That's a pretty decent price for an LCP. What are you waiting on?! The best pistol is the one that you have with you when you need it, and with the size of the LCP, there is no excuse to be without at least some protection.

I'm thinking of getting a Blackhawk serpa holster for the XDM, does anyone know if they are available
they have them but im not too much of a black hawk fan.
are you gonna conceal or open carry?
there are a ton of really good iwb holsters better than black hawk
and for open carry i personally wanna get a g-code

Yeah, in reading up on it a bit more, I discovered that it's not really considered a wildcat anymore, but ammon and guns are still few and far between in most places. Then again, pretty much all ammo is hard to come by these days! If I was a bit more into collecting centerfire rifles, I'd probably have to have one to go along with my .308win.

That's a pretty decent price for an LCP. What are you waiting on?! The best pistol is the one that you have with you when you need it, and with the size of the LCP, there is no excuse to be without at least some protection.

The only thing stopping me is that I bought a Springfield XDM 9mm. And 100 rounds of ammo yesterday haha

Excellent point and exactly why I have a S&W Bodyguard 380. Everyone can argue ballistics and "knockdown power" but a 380 on your hip or in your pocket is much better than a .45 in the safe.

Excellent point and exactly why I have a S&W Bodyguard 380. Everyone can argue ballistics and "knockdown power" but a 380 on your hip or in your pocket is much better than a .45 in the safe.

S&W Shield in 9mm loaded with 124 grain +P Federal HST. IMO, the best of both worlds. And, unlike some pocket 9's I've tried, it was 100% right out of the box. It isn't finicky about ammo or bullet shape, and is really easy to carry.

S&W Shield in 9mm loaded with 124 grain +P Federal HST. IMO, the best of both worlds. And, unlike some pocket 9's I've tried, it was 100% right out of the box. It isn't finicky about ammo or bullet shape, and is really easy to carry.

I think a single stack 9mm is in the near future. I'm a borderline S&W fanboy but I have heard good things about the SA XDs.

I think a single stack 9mm is in the near future. I'm a borderline S&W fanboy but I have heard good things about the SA XDs.

I'm NOT a S&W fanboy. But I shot a friend's Shield, and loved it. It shoots like a much, much larger handgun. It is the first 9mm "pocket rocket" that I enjoyed putting 100+ rounds through at the range. It is not only comfortable to shoot, but it is easy to shoot well. Add to that the fact that it took zero break-in and costs less than the XDs and you have a winner.

I'm NOT a S&W fanboy. But I shot a friend's Shield, and loved it. It shoots like a much, much larger handgun. It is the first 9mm "pocket rocket" that I enjoyed putting 100+ rounds through at the range. It is not only comfortable to shoot, but it is easy to shoot well. Add to that the fact that it took zero break-in and costs less than the XDs and you have a winner.

Lol. I'm not really a fanboy to the point of any other brand is crap like some people are. Just really like the ergonomics of the M&P line and own 5 S&W firearms. Great points on the shield vs the XDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back